Save The Date-Sat. March 22nd! Basketball Classic Returns!

KRAM1

gallery_1_169_1586895.jpg

Save the Date....SATURDAY, MARCH 22nd!

Registration is $25 - Click Here to Register online via paypal.

We are also accepting donations which will go directly to UNT Cheer: Click here to make a donation.

Our 4th annual Basketball Classic supporting UNT Cheer Squad Scholarships will tip off around 5:00pm! Later start due to availability of the Volleyball gym. We will start registration and warm-up around 4:00pm.

We will be presenting a unique cheer squad gal-time preview event this year you will not want to miss!

Silent auction returns as well.

So...how can you help?

1). Play in the game...and help recruit others to play
2). Sponsor the game with a donation...PM me for sponsorship opportunities and benefits
3). Donate to the game for the scholarship fund if you cannot play
4). Donate a Silent Auction Item or two...almost anything works...just PM me if you can help.
5). Volunteer to help with registration, silent auction, etc.
6). Volunteer to Referee
7). Come to watch, cheer and have fun supporting these hard working Cheer Squad Members

If you have a budding Cheer Squad hopeful, there will be a clinic prior to the game. Info to follow.

So, time to start figuring out who can participate in the 4th Annual Game...if you can help in anyway, please PM me with contact info and what you would like to do and I will get with you!

BTW...we have a new potential sponsor for this event stepping up to help as well. Stand by and more info to follow soon.

Here is a map to the volleyball gym: https://maps.unt.edu/places/3806/view

• Upvote 2

Save the Date....SATURDAY, MARCH 22nd!

Our 4th annual Basketball Classic supporting UNT Cheer Squad Scholarships will tip off around 5:00pm! Later start due to availability of the Volleyball gym. We will start registration and warm-up around 4:00pm.

We will be presenting a unique cheer squad gal-time preview event this year you will not want to miss!

Silent auction returns as well.

So...how can you help?

1). Play in the game...and help recruit others to play

2). Sponsor the game with a donation...PM me for sponsorship opportunities and benefits

3). Donate to the game for the scholarship fund if you cannot play

4). Donate a Silent Auction Item or two...almost anything works...just PM me if you can help.

5). Volunteer to help with registration, silent auction, etc.

6). Volunteer to Referee

7). Come to watch, cheer and have fun supporting these hard working Cheer Squad Members

If you have a budding Cheer Squad hopeful, there will be a clinic prior to the game. Info to follow.

So, time to start figuring out who can participate in the 4th Annual Game...if you can help in anyway, please PM me with contact info and what you would like to do and I will get with you!

BTW...we have a new potential sponsor for this event stepping up to help as well. Stand by and more info to follow soon.

Thanks Mark, as always, for the work you put into putting these events together. Disregarding whatever stupid internet sports arguments we have, you are a class act and a great asset for the UNT family.

I'll be the first to commit as a player (or at least someone who can stand around and take up space). I'll look for others who may be interested.

• Upvote 4

Don't have faith we'll be playing in the NCAA tournament then? ;)

Ha...I plan 'em when the facility is available and when the Cheer Squad is available and when staff is available to help.

• Upvote 1

I swear Kram1 looks at my race schedule to see when all the races are that I might run. The Dallas Rock'n'Roll is the 23rd.

Game is the 22nd. Your race is local and on the 23rd. I did check! Ha! Up to you now. If you can't play, check out the other ways to help I listed.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mark, as always, for the work you put into putting these events together. Disregarding whatever stupid internet sports arguments we have, you are a class act and a great asset for the UNT family.

I'll be the first to commit as a player (or at least someone who can stand around and take up space). I'll look for others who may be interested.

Thanks, Mike. Had no doubt you would be in....you always are one of the first to come to the support of these fund-raiser events. Many thanks...and thanks for the kind words.

• Upvote 1

Count me in as well. And yes kudos to KRAM for doing such a great job organizing these fun events that support a very good cause!

I will also be bringing others.

Got you down, Harry. Thanks for being an early commit and for all your help.

• Upvote 1

Alright I suppose I will play this year now that I can come to the realization I'm not as young or fit as I use to be....

I still wish we could have a tournament style. Imagine 250 per team. That's a lot of dough and there are two indoor courts close together. One day if I ever have time I will seriously help you get that together. You could def get the college students involved and bring in a good chunk of change!

Alright I suppose I will play this year now that I can come to the realization I'm not as young or fit as I use to be....

I still wish we could have a tournament style. Imagine 250 per team. That's a lot of dough and there are two indoor courts close together. One day if I ever have time I will seriously help you get that together. You could def get the college students involved and bring in a good chunk of change!

Got you down Andrew...thanks. And, anytime you want to take this over and turn it into a tournament event...be my guest. I have done that thing before managing a 300 team 4-day soccer tournament for multiple years. Swore I would never do that again...and I am sticking to it. Be my guest...happy to help, but no way I am going to be "he who will be blamed" for that sort of event EVER again.

Glad to have you in this year!

• Upvote 2

Count me in as one of the first to commit to play...and one of the first to need a sub once we get started.

Wouldn't be the same without you! Glad you are an early commit. Understand the sub thing! Thanks Lt.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if there is any old guy basketball leagues or open play games in the Denton area?

The city has a Rec league that we use to play in. Refs are well below average and a lot of thuggish players (just hack you for no good reason because they have a low basketball iq), but it's pretty fun if you are on a good team with your friends. Have not played in it in years though.

In...will be fun again!

Excellent...a presence in the post for one of the teams....and a beverage supplier all in one! Hey...A friend of mine just sent me 48 cans of Yuengling! Saving you some!

I will be glad to play, I will bring my .25 scoring average with me!

That may be the highest percentage on the floor all game! Thanks for signing up....appreciate it....welcome aboard.

Stay tuned for more info as it develops.

As always, there will be a cheer clinic prior to the game, and the clinic participants will join us for the game and cheer us on...we'll definitely need that help. More info to follow regarding the clinic...but here is a Save the Date a Flyer as a reminder. Info to follow....

Bump....not too early to sign up to play...or to help in another way....a donation from you or your company of an auction item, a cash donation, a sponsorship....folks, lots of wYs to help this great cause...hope to see many of those who support UNT and UNT Athletics step up in any way they would like or are able to support our great UNT Cheer Squad. All proceeds go directly and 100% to the scholarship fund for the UNT Cheer Squad!

Think it over....thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1