UTSA feels the championship fever leading into North Texas

Harry

You stick around because your rampant insecurity about your own program drives you to attempt to justify said program to people that really don't care about your program.

You have posted on this site more than I this week. And I'm a fan of UNT and post A LOT. Yet, there you are, with your needy little responses to anything said about UTSA.

A blatant sign of insecurity. I get it. You should be. You have only been around a second, so it's normal.

I suggest you make a donation for that fountain that your school can't fund. Maybe a successful fountain campaign will be good training for when y'all finally try to build a stadium in 25 years.

I don't post on your site and have only read it once. Why? Because I really don't care about your crappy little start up program and I don't feel the need to justify anything to the fans of a program so far behind UNT.

There is where delusion sets in. Regardless of all your mediocre history and 100 years of existence UTSA as a program has already caught up to you. I know its difficult to imagine and hard for you to comprehend but it happened. I guess we didn't "earn it" like you so inclined to say. We took it and we are here. We might lose Saturday but over the next few years you will slowly see the writing on the wall as UTSA passes you by. Best of luck to UNT and I harbor no ill will but I am realistic and this will happen. I'm sorry for upsetting you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There is where delusion sets in. Regardless of all your mediocre history and 100 years of existence UTSA as a program has already caught up to you. I know its difficult to imagine and hard for you to comprehend but it happened. I guess we didn't "earn it" like you so inclined to say. We took it and we are here. We might lose Saturday but over the next few years you will slowly see the writing on the wall as UTSA passes you by. Best of luck to UNT and I harbor no ill will but I am realistic and this will happen. I'm sorry for upsetting you.

Insecure away, guy without a stadium, any conference championships, and 1win over a winning (for now) BCS program.

Ya, y'all have passed us by...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is like trying to reason with a petulant three year old:

North Texas is ahead especially in facilities and athletic budget but UTSA is already moving to catch up with other CUSA schools.

UTSA as a program has already caught up to you.

You can't have it both ways sweet heart. I know it's hard for you, what with the inferior education and all, but try and keep a coherent thread through your arguments.

We might lose Saturday but over the next few years you will slowly see the writing on the wall as UTSA passes you by.

LOL. This is where our history and your lack of it really shows. Do you know how many schools have told us this in the past? In the SBC alone we heard THIS EXACT SENTENCE from schools like MTSU, Troy and WKU. Those schools had much more success at the lower levels to hang their hat on, they even had some early success because they were lower division schools that were able to sell the imminent jump to the big leagues. Guess what? They fell quickly back to earth when they had to recruit on equal footing.

I mean, on some level, we find your three year old enthusiasm charming and precocious, but you act like such spoiled brats that it ruins it. Top flight football is a bumpy ride, strap in and try to act like you have been here before.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 4

... Either way, I'm definitely worried about this one...

Finally a voice of reason coming from within all the crap y'all spew to make you feel better... ALL UNT fans feel just like you. With decades of mediocrity (at best) in each and every one of your psyche's, you all know what can and very possibly will happen on Saturday. You should be worried about this game. UTSA is no pushover.

You can't have it both ways sweet heart. I know it's hard for you, what with the inferior education and all, but try and keep a coherent thread through your arguments.

It appears that every once in a while a moment of clarity/reality creeps into their minds & they understand the hierarchy of where both programs/Universities are currently.

Then, it gets scrapped again for some reason (drugs/alcohol? mental disorder?), and the floodgates of drivel re-open.

LOL. This is where our history and your lack of it really shows. Do you know how many schools have told us this in the past? In the SBC alone we heard THIS EXACT SENTENCE from schools like MTSU, Troy and WKU. Those schools had much more success at the lower levels to hang their hat on, they even had some early success because they were lower division schools that were able to sell the imminent jump to the big leagues. Guess what? They fell quickly back to earth when they had to recruit on equal footing.

I mean, on some level, we find your three year old enthusiasm charming and precocious, but you act like such spoiled brats that it ruins it. Top flight football is a bumpy ride, strap in and try to act like you have been here before.

Psst buddy....I said UTSA has caught up to UNT as a program as in talent level/conference but also admitted that UNT is temporarily ahead in facilities and athletic budget

Psst buddy....I said UTSA has caught up to UNT as a program as in talent level/conference but also admitted that UNT is temporarily ahead in facilities and athletic budget

UTSA is about 10 years behind North Texas when it comes to facilities. That's how long it took NT to get to where it is today. I don't see how you'd be able to build things any faster than what NT did.

Psst ahole...no you didn't. Here's your post:

You all act like we are terrible hosts, but you all are like those pesky neighbors that peek over the hedge to see what we are up to all of the time and then chime in with your two cents whether asked for or not. I would love to read a thread about this weekend where I don't see delusional warcat, you or any other UTSA troll.

Here's my issue with UTSA. Please tell me something, anything your school is known for other than a launching pad to get in to UT? Famous alumni, nationally ranked program, anything...?

Psst ahole...no you didn't. Here's your post:

You all act like we are terrible hosts, but you all are like those pesky neighbors that peek over the hedge to see what we are up to all of the time and then chime in with your two cents whether asked for or not. I would love to read a thread about this weekend where I don't see delusional warcat, you or any other UTSA troll.

Here's my issue with UTSA. Please tell me something, anything your school is known for other than a launching pad to get in to UT? Famous alumni, nationally ranked program, anything...?

They have a FOUNTAIN!!! Feel it surging through you! It's gonna happen...there is no stopping it!!

• Upvote 1

UTSA is about 10 years behind North Texas when it comes to facilities. That's how long it took NT to get to where it is today. I don't see how you'd be able to build things any faster than what NT did.

10? Digi himself has posted that he HOPES, if they can have sustained winning for 20 years, that they can maybe, possibly, it's a beautiful dream isn't to wish to build a replica of the Kibbie Dome.

They can pound their chests all they want. They're angry they are seen as a commuter school filled with folks who landed there as a fall back. All they seem to have is penis envy and insecurity so they attempt to elevate themselves by crapping on everyone else. I am done reading anything UTSA related. These people are pathetic. I am sure they have good fans but I haven't met one yet.

Edited by UNTexas

This is half true as Spurs, UT, A&M still get a lot of press because we live in a large city that draws in large employers. The rest of your dribble is completely false. I assume UNT gets more coverage than the Cowboys, Mavs, Stars, Rangers, UT, a&m in Denton? Highly doubt it. My brother lived in Denton for 8 years and told me no one cares about UNT

That is the point! The only reason utsa is even at the table is San Antonio. But just like fiu in miami no one cares.

• Upvote 1

Interesting stat. How do you think attendance will be Saturday? Weather is looking better. 20 percent chance of rain now.

22K. UTSA talks a big game but has horrible ticket office numbers. Probably 400 traveling fans. Atmosphere on campus seems a bit dull, this is a really stressful week in the semester. Students are preoccupied, and I'm working my tail off trying to spread awareness but I'm not too sure student attendance will be that great. However, I expect big alumni showing and it is Preview Day to help even out the crowd. I've heard good things about actual ticket sales. Just don't expect a huge student turnout, honestly.

It's a testament that 22K and probably student turnout around 4K is disappointing.

Edited by meangreener