OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

Yeah, I try not to be an ass and deserve hatred. If anything, I've just been quick to correct them on things over the last few months.

You are actually quite welcome at RT and we appreciate your posts. You were requested because you are a avid poster.

Rudy was requested because he stirred up a hornet's nest out of the gate but has been a productive poster as of late

We welcome all and even posters as notorious as Cougar King can find their role at Rowdytalk.

• Upvote 3

And what about Rice? You guys love to claim how you didn't play your best, yada yada yada, should have won, we're better than what we played, and blah blah blah.

Thing is since the Tulane game we've popped off 5 straight wins and are currently in control of our own destiny and will be playing in a bowl game. UTSA can't make such a claim.

Too bad, not sad.

You were the one that brought up Tulane, not me.

You were the one that brought up Tulane, not me.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Tulane finishes the season 6-7. Yes their next game is UTEP but the Tulane offense is just horrible. I expect Rice to beat Tulane. If Tulane plays in the NOB as expected and they play ULL as expected, ULL should easily defeat Tulane.

The Tulane offense has been exposed. Since FAU their house of cards has finally collapsed.

If what happens what I think happens then all it means is North Texas lost to Tulane and you barely beat them. If things play out for North Texas like many think (and not just North Texas fans!), we will be playing for a conference championship and the roadrunners will be watching that game plus our bowl game on TV.

Too bad, not sad.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Just to clarify the avatar change will be on both GoMeanGreen.com and RowdyTalk.com so if you have an account on both you will be required to change your avatar on both.

Correcamino - I appreciate the offer but man the possibility of one week of wearing burnt orange seems like enough torture for me and the board members to take.

Rudy was requested because he stirred up a hornet's nest out of the gate but has been a productive poster as of late

Hey, it's what I do.

You should see me at basketball games with the other team. Actually had Northwood's fans whining 3 minutes into the game. That's a record, even for me.

• Upvote 1

OK -- we have agreed to participate in a gentleman's wager with the guys over at the UTSA board RowdyTalk.com.

Here is the link to the discussion on their site: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/4139-Offical-Wager-with-GoMeanGreen-com?p=39515#post39515

If UNT wins the game this Saturday, their top 10 posters will have to use a UNT Avatar on THEIR SITE for 1 entire week starting right after the game is over. This will be an avatar of our choosing and will likely be the standard green SOW with white background...

If UTSA wins our top 10 posters will have to wear a UTSA avatar HERE ON GMG.com for 1 week after the game of their choosing.

Here are the top 10 lists:

UTSA Top 10

Cal

UTSA Paratrooper 2004

Digi

Runner25

JagRunner

UTSAMarineVet09

PB3

Volkmar

forerunner

El Dirtybird

UNT Top 10

UNT90

GreenP1

NT03

Censored by Laurie

UNTLifer

emmitt

MeanGreenTexan

KRAM

CMJ

oldguystudent

TWO THINGS -- if you are on our top 10 and are unwilling to participate let me know via PM or in this thread... I hope everyone will partake and I will personally make sure all of your original avatars stay in tact and will be replaced after the week of punishment is up.

ALSO -- I am offering up myself and AAUNT to ensure we get Correcamino on this list and possibly one other. If anyone has a poster over there that they would like to include in this wager please let me know.

I think this can be a lot of fun and will help in the already building rivalry between our two schools. Feel free to share your thoughts and GMG!

No interest in a rivalry with this terd of a program. If we were gonna have wagers, it shoulda been with Rice.

I'm out.

Because I have no interest in doing anything but kicking their arse and moving on to Tulsa.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Maybe it's just me, but I find it amusing that two people that have stoked this UTSA fire the most are UNT90 and meangreener, and now they are backing out. UNT90, you have no reason not to join. As you've stated on another thread, and I'm paraphrasing..."Vegas should've set the line at UNT-30". Since we're gonna win by 31, you're nothing but a trophy that the birds will never bag. I only say this because your continued condescending stance and comments towards UTSA show that you notice them. I agree that Rice is the desired conference rival, but I've also remained completely out of most of these UTSA threads. I don't consider them a rival, so I don't even check out most of these threads. My curiosity got the best of me when I saw the thread hit 5 pages.

On another note, Mr. Walker...do you have the same handle over on "the Parliament" (Rice board)

• Upvote 7

Maybe it's just me, but I find it amusing that two people that have stoked this UTSA fire the most are UNT90 and meangreener, and now they are backing out. UNT90, you have no reason not to join. As you've stated on another thread, and I'm paraphrasing..."Vegas should've set the line at UNT-30". Since we're gonna win by 31, you're nothing but a trophy that the birds will never bag. I only say this because your continued condescending stance and comments towards UTSA show that you notice them. I agree that Rice is the desired conference rival, but I've also remained completely out of most of these UTSA threads. I don't consider them a rival, so I don't even check out most of these threads. My curiosity got the best of me when I saw the thread hit 5 pages.

On another note, Mr. Walker...do you have the same handle over on "the Parliament" (Rice board)

Pretty sure I've acknowledged UTSA on here like 3 times.

• Upvote 1

I don't think you get it. I'm condescending toward them not to build a rivalry, but because I DON'T RESPECT THEM AS A PROGRAM.

Why would I want to wager anything with someone I don't respect? Do you play poker with a 3 year old for his graham crackers? Do you take a three year old to Vegas for some time on the craps tables? Do you make golf bets with a 3 year old in your foursome?

Maybe that will help you get it.

I talk down to them, because, as a program, they have done nothing, earned nothing, and are nothing.

No, I don't want to have a friendly wager with them. Besides, it's illegal to bet with 3 year olds.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I don't think you get it. I'm condescending toward them not to build a rivalry, but because I DON'T RESPECT THEM AS A PROGRAM.

Why would I want to wager anything with someone I don't respect? Do you play poker with a 3 year old for his graham crackers? Do you take a three year old to Vegas for some time on the craps tables? Do you make golf bets with a 3 year old in your foursome?

Maybe that will help you get it.

I talk down to them, because, as a program, they have done nothing, earned nothing, and are nothing.

No, I don't want to have a friendly wager with them. Besides, it's illegal to bet with 3 year olds.

LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

• Upvote 1

No interest in a rivalry with this terd of a program. If we were gonna have wagers, it shoulda been with Rice.

I'm out.

Because I have no interest in doing anything but kicking their arse and moving on to Tulsa.

Wait, you think you are too good for UTSA yet think Rice would be open to a rivalry with UNT?

mj-laughing.gif

There's a reason you were left behind to rot in the Sunbelt all those years, sweetheart.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4