OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

I think they will be cool with that SO LONG as it is CLEARLY identifiable as a UTSA logo and not any bit or anything hard to identify.... I don't want to have them come back and complain that we didn't play fair.

Also -- If we are missing a big poster of theirs on the list feel free to recommend one as we agreed to work together to get the list as good for both sides as possible. I want Correcamino on the list. There may be some others.

I also think that Christopher Walker and possibly meangreener might need to be in play on this as well but i will leave that up to them.

I'm down.

Add the following frequent posters on Rowdytalk please:

meangreen04

fussbudget

greenbat

meangreenfan

Who's "fussbudget"?

'allo.

• Upvote 1

OK so RowdyTalk has provided me with their execution list and on it included is:

meangreen04 - MUST HAVE

fussbudger - MUST HAVE

meangreenfan

greenbat

All four of you are specifically being called on to participate in this contest. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Here is the link to their discussion of the wager: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/4139-Offical-Wager-with-GoMeanGreen-com?p=39515#post39515

I'm in. Not worried at all.

• Upvote 1

i'm not a trashtalker or even one that talks before the game, but as i was reading their thread on this bet, someone piped up and said that we should give them 8 points or that our punishment should be worse since north texas is the favorite...

weren't they the ones talking about winning without a problem in apogee???

that they would leave denton with a victory???

i never saw a mention of the spread until there was a bet on the table...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3

i'm not a trashtalker or even one that talks before the game, but as i was reading their thread on this bet, someone piped up and said that we should give them 8 points or that our punishment should be worse since north texas is the favorite...

Yes one of their posters felt we should have to give up more to offset the 8 point spread. But we are having some volunteers join in on the bet so it should even out!

If they wanna play point spread, they should be risking something like site-wide green backgrounds and SOW avatars for EVERY user.

The trash talk that's led to this had nothing to do with the opinion of Vegas wiseguys. In fact, I'd argue it was directly and aggressively AGAINST common opinion of both Joe Sixpack football fan and Vegas. Now there's something so trivial as a few days with a weird avatar and we wanna tweak the rules?

• Upvote 3

It was me. Go back and read. I've never stated that it would be easy.

But yes, I do believe we can and will be victorious.

It will take everything we have. Razor sharp focus and execution will be the key. We will prevail.

The doubt in those UNT minds of yours (we all know it exists, so might as well call it out) will slowly but surely start creeping in as the game progresses. Little by little, you'll see that UTSA is up to the challenge at hand... and little by little that doubt will continue to sink in, and slowly turn into disgust and sorrow, as the tick tock of the clock inevitably strikes zero.

Edited by warcat
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It will take everything we have. Razor sharp focus and execution will be the key. We will prevail.

The doubt in those UNT minds of yours (we all know it exists, so might as well call it out) will slowly but surely start creeping in as the game progresses. Little by little, you'll see that UTSA is up to the challenge at hand... and little by little that doubt will continue to sink in, and slowly turn into disgust and sorrow, as the tick tock of the clock inevitably strikes zero.

Damn, they must get some really good weed in San Antonio. No way nUTSAck prevails.

You're right, if we could only stop this game from happening. But alas, there is no way to stop it from happening. We just don't have the power of Coker surging through us.

• Upvote 3

UTSA barely squeaks out a win against a 6-3 Tulane team at home and you have fans predicting a win in Apogee.

KFC.gif

• Upvote 3

Wasn't that same Tulane team that beat UNT? Just asking...

And what about Rice? You guys love to claim how you didn't play your best, yada yada yada, should have won, we're better than what we played, and blah blah blah.

Thing is since the Tulane game we've popped off 5 straight wins and are currently in control of our own destiny and will be playing in a bowl game. UTSA can't make such a claim.

Too bad, not sad.

• Upvote 1