OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

Ugh, I really hope the entire UNT community doesn't hate the Marine Corps now cause of this guy. I was a Marine for six years.

In addition, I like comic books, video games, and not using my veteran status to troll sports forums....

You're good, Holmes.

I come from a military family, which has taught me a few things:

1 -- A uniform does not instantly validate your opinion.

2 -- An idiot in a uniform is still an idiot.

3 -- One idiot in a uniform does not mean everyone in the same uniform is an idiot.

4 -- A true veteran appreciates the work of other vets, regardless of which uniform they wore.

Thank you for your service as well, sir. I'm eternally grateful.

That goes for every vet I encounter.

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 4

Blah blah blah blah blah....

UNT is going down on Saturday. The fallout will be epically UGLY... It'll be fun to watch the train wreck on this board.

When you're in the stands, or your living room, or wherever you are when that first sense of doubt starts creeping in, I hope you think of me... And I truly hope you can smile and laugh at that very moment, knowing that delusional roadrunner fan was right.

Good luck to y'all... And seriously, someone please watch over UNT90. I am a bit concerned about what he'll do once the clock strikes zero.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rudy been meaning to thank you for NutsaCK. I know you didn't originate it, but your use of it made me laugh and now I use it when I talk about NutsaCK, formerly I called the UTKFC. It was known as Interstate 10 High School when I was growing up in Universal City.

Edited by GreenBat

Blah blah blah blah blah....

UNT is going down on Saturday. The fallout will be epically UGLY... It'll be fun to watch the train wreck on this board.

When you're in the stands, or your living room, or wherever you are when that first sense of doubt starts creeping in, I hope you think of me... And I truly hope you can smile and laugh at that very moment, knowing that delusional roadrunner fan was right.

Good luck to y'all... And seriously, someone please watch over UNT90. I am a bit concerned about what he'll do once the clock strikes zero.

tumblr_mknutm9Es01qbqxu9o1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

LOL - Why are you guys so proud of playing in some place you rent? It isn't your stadium. Stop bragging about it. Especially since I know every single one of you would love to have an on-campus stadium.

You act as if Apogee fell out of the sky and it just landed in our back yard. We earned that stadium:

The students voted to pass a fee. I know you guys have problems with students supporting UTSA, but here they want a successful program.

The alumni stepped up and donated money for it. Some gave millions, some gave thousands, but they gave.

The administration went out and found major corporate donors. Those donor's didn't give some free chicken coupons, they gave millions of dollars.

So if you come here Saturday, enjoy a real college atmosphere.

When Boomer goes off, find out why he has 12 brass screws, that's called tradition.

Those 10,000 people just behind your teams bench? Those are called student's attending a football game.

The place you are sitting in? That's called a 78 million dollar commitment, not a rental.

Well you went and got all powerful with it. /handclap

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The student fee that was implemented in 2002 by illegal means was still in effect until 2008, when they passed the new athletic fee. By the time the vote for the new athletic fee took place, UNT officials were already designing the new stadium and finalizing the plans.

Somebody get UNTFlyer in here to put this kid in his place.

Taken care of on their own board.

• Upvote 1

Jinkies, you're all nuts. There's so much gold in this thread, mixed with equal parts of WTF and STFU.

1) The 2002 incident wasn't illegal, just questionable. Due to a bylaw, the SGA was allowed to override the student vote. They did. Then the Senators that approved the override were recalled (with a couple of exceptions). Then a well-meaning buddy of mine reappointed the ones who wanted to return and there was an appeal regarding 1st Amendment freedom to petition for redress of grievances. Peacock even threatened to bring in the ACLU after my argument that they needed to be re-elected fell flat, but for whatever reason that all didn't go anywhere, so students basically got shafted twice, though I must say I believe the intentions of everyone involved were good...but really, this is what happens when you go out of your way to try to tell the students that their vote didn't matter, even if you aren't saying it like that when your actions do it for you. Though I would still argue that if it was taken through the courts system, the readmission of the recalled representatives was a 1st Amendment violation and the re-vote was just a bad choice made by well-intentioned student leaders.

2) I find some of the military smack-talk to be in pretty poor taste. The discussion of saluting, etc. is simple debate, but aside from the what, one or two times months ago that he seemed to use his status as a Marine to his favor, since then he's only responded to stuff about it, and a lot of that has been tacky. Re-working the "oh, you're a vet and threw it out there before, let me bring that back and make fun of it" reflects very poorly on this board. Disagree about when to salute or make some good-natured jokes about which branch someone served in without making it personal (like the 2 go in the bathroom and one washes his hands joke, have you heard that one? Classic.), a little teasing is fine. But some of the attacks that call some of these guys out for being servicemen and meant to bait them are kind of tasteless. I know it might sound weird coming from me since I'm pretty irreverent in general, but there's a slippery slope when you go from teasing to flat-out baiting them to try to get a reason to disrespect their status and beliefs. If you don't care that I find it tacky, fine, but some of the comments have gone a little too far into that area so I felt the need to weigh in on that.

3) I spend one extra day trying to sleep off the effects of this stupid flu shot, and this is at 18 pages?! If I put my name in for the wager, would some here be willing to stop reposting the same tired things over and over and find a new joke or bit of smack talk to throw out there? Some of the GMG repetitiveness makes me wonder if the RT guys get annoyed at the same thing...opposing fans trolling is one thing, reading the same trolling and responses over and over is lunacy. Really, I think we all get it...Coker is surging his power through people into games that cannot be stopped, stadiums are crazy cool, KFC kicks ass but not enough to buy a stadium, meangreener is UNT90's illegitimate love child, UNT's past admin made mistakes that screwed us over, people watch football on TV, and fountains have to be repaired, especially after years of having bubbles and dye put in them (UTSA will find out if they haven't already).

Is it Saturday yet?

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 2

Jinkies, you're all nuts. There's so much gold in this thread, mixed with equal parts of WTF and STFU.

1) The 2002 incident wasn't illegal, just questionable. Due to a bylaw, the SGA was allowed to override the student vote. They did. Then the Senators that approved the override were recalled (with a couple of exceptions). Then a well-meaning buddy of mine reappointed the ones who wanted to return and there was an appeal regarding 1st Amendment freedom to petition for redress of grievances. Peacock even threatened to bring in the ACLU after my argument that they needed to be re-elected fell flat, but for whatever reason that all didn't go anywhere, so students basically got shafted twice, though I must say I believe the intentions of everyone involved were good...but really, this is what happens when you go out of your way to try to tell the students that their vote didn't matter, even if you aren't saying it like that when your actions do it for you. Though I would still argue that if it was taken through the courts system, the readmission of the recalled representatives was a 1st Amendment violation and the re-vote was just a bad choice made by well-intentioned student leaders.

2) I find some of the military smack-talk to be in pretty poor taste. The discussion of saluting, etc. is simple debate, but aside from the what, one or two times months ago that he seemed to use his status as a Marine to his favor, since then he's only responded to stuff about it, and a lot of that has been tacky. Re-working the "oh, you're a vet and threw it out there before, let me bring that back and make fun of it" reflects very poorly on this board. Disagree about when to salute or make some good-natured jokes about which branch someone served in without making it personal (like the 2 go in the bathroom and one washes his hands joke, have you heard that one? Classic.), a little teasing is fine. But some of the attacks that call some of these guys out for being servicemen and meant to bait them are kind of tasteless. I know it might sound weird coming from me since I'm pretty irreverent in general, but there's a slippery slope when you go from teasing to flat-out baiting them to try to get a reason to disrespect their status and beliefs. If you don't care that I find it tacky, fine, but some of the comments have gone a little too far into that area so I felt the need to weigh in on that.

3) I spend one extra day trying to sleep off the effects of this stupid flu shot, and this is at 18 pages?! If I put my name in for the wager, would some here be willing to stop reposting the same tired things over and over and find a new joke or bit of smack talk to throw out there? Some of the GMG repetitiveness makes me wonder if the RT guys get annoyed at the same thing...opposing fans trolling is one thing, reading the same trolling and responses over and over is lunacy. Really, I think we all get it...Coker is surging his power through people into games that cannot be stopped, stadiums are crazy cool, KFC kicks ass but not enough to buy a stadium, meangreener is UNT90's illegitimate love child, UNT's past admin made mistakes that screwed us over, people watch football on TV, and fountains have to be repaired, especially after years of having bubbles and dye put in them (UTSA will find out if they haven't already).

Is it Saturday yet?

+1 for you.

By far the best and most logical response I've ever gotten here.

See y'all Saturday gents.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The student fee that was implemented in 2002 by illegal means was still in effect until 2008, when they passed the new athletic fee. By the time the vote for the new athletic fee took place, UNT officials were already designing the new stadium and finalizing the plans.

The Marines called and ask you to remove their name from your screen name over the utter ignorance you continually display being an embarrassment to their esteemed branch of the U.S. military.