Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

Let me get this straight. We have worries, ANY worries whatsoever, that a glorified practice squad with a good QB is gonna come into Apogee and beat us? In aplace where Mac is something like 13-3? On Senior Day, with this bunch of seniors? When we have the CUSA title game within our grasp if we just take care of our business? Against a glorified practice squad (had to repeat that for emphasis)?

REALLY???!!

Yes really... you can worry like the smarter folk on here... or you can just sit back and be one of those guys the cameras pan to that are in utter disbelief and shock.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I imagine that we'll open anywhere between 10-14 point favorites. I'd expect the game to finish not too far off from that. Soza is a gamer, and Coker is as good as they come from surely and Xs & Os standpoint. They'll be ready and well coached. I just don't think they are going to be good enough if DT and the offense don't hand them the game.

Yes really... you can worry like the smarter folk on here... or you can just sit back and be one of those guys the cameras pan to that are in utter disbelief and shock.

Tell the truth. Prior to the KFC promo everyone thought you were selling high speed DSL when you mentioned Roadrunners in San Antonio.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Harry,

You worried about La Tech. We took care of them.

You worried about USM (why. I'll never know). 135-2.

You worried about UTEP, who raised the white flag pre-game by putting in a True Frosh who had never thrown a collegiate pass in his life. Slaughter.

You now worry about a team who has never beaten a team with a winning record. EVER!!

This is beginning to seem like a bit.

We beat this team 35-5

I agree with you a lot it seems. We will separate ourselves from them in the second half much like we have as of late. We win going away. 31-14

Nice synopsis of your games. Impressive actually.

What you may not know about the UTSA Roadrunners is that they do not give up. Quit does not exist in their world. Our boys will fight you til the last second of the game, and more importantly til the whistle blows on any given play. Heart cannot be coached... you either have it or you don't. Sure, good coaching can bring it to the forefront... but even at the peewee league level, some players have it, and some don't. From what I've seen of our 'Runners, they all have it.

If you spot us a first half lead... you will lose by at least that point differential.

We made Ball St. quit.

We made MTSU quit.

USM and UTEP quit before the game actually began (throwing true freshmen QBs in against the best defense in the league).

Rice quit in the second half.

UTSA is far worse than 3 of these teams.

You guys will quit in the 1st half, if not before the game.

It's just what our opponents do once we hit them a couple of times.

It's a bye week. What the hell else are we going to do, Court?

Not arguing with a troll would be a good start.

Not to mention, even arguing with him makes it seem like this is a rivalry. I'd rather beat plenty of other schools than UTSA. I don't give a crap about them either way. They aren't a rival, nor will they be anytime soon (if ever). The only way it becomes a rivalry is if we let it become so.

SQRGVFRFHVOFRQZ.20111120024640.jpg

The only thing that worries me is Coker. He's been in many battles in his day. He'll have his charges ready. Their defense is not bad.

Take out the games they were obviously going to be overmatched in (Oklahoma State, Arizona, Houston), and they are 5-2. They give up 20 per game in those seven games.

Like, I said last week, this will be our toughest out remaining. Tulsa is done. UTEP was done. UTSA has a real coach and they think they are playing for a possible bowl game. They will come out fighting.

• Upvote 3

Im not getting all of the UTSA hate... Are we like... cocky now or something?

seriously... someone tell me. I really don't get it.

UTSA was gifted entry into the CUSA after 2 years of existence merely because of a television market. They have worked for nothing, achieved nothing, built nothing, and subsequintly are nothing.

Yet they get admittance in a conference that we had to fight and claw the last 10 years to enter, the whole time improving facilities as a condition for admittance.

It would be like a new, week old employee being promoted right along side of you to a position you had worked hard and waited to open for years.

Get it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

UTSA was gifted entry into the CUSA after 2 years of existence merely because of a television market. They have worked for nothing, achieved nothing, built nothing, and subsequintly are nothing.

Yet they get admittance in a conference that we had to fight and claw the last 10 years to enter, the whole time improving facilities as a condition for admittance.

It would be like a new, week old employee being promoted right along side of you to a position you had worked hard and waited to open for years.

Get it?

I don't get this mindset... like at all.

Why would anyone give two shits about a new employee being an equal? Who cares? Be happy that you were promoted too! Jeez... what's the big deal?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice synopsis of your games. Impressive actually.

What you may not know about the UTSA Roadrunners is that they do not give up. Quit does not exist in their world. Our boys will fight you til the last second of the game, and more importantly til the whistle blows on any given play. Heart cannot be coached... you either have it or you don't. Sure, good coaching can bring it to the forefront... but even at the peewee league level, some players have it, and some don't. From what I've seen of our 'Runners, they all have it..

Translation- we are losers but we try real hard and we give everyone a trophy. And we're all good friends, yay!

Get it?

Oh.

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone give two shits about a new employee being an equal? Who cares? Be happy that you were promoted too! Jeez... what's the big deal?

Right, because you are a member of the entitled fan base that think they are the next South Florida. Or is it the next Florida St. by now?

Build something. Earn something. Do Something.

But this means nothing to a UTSA fan or alum. Just give it them because they are there.

They are the welfare generation of college football.

So many more deserved admission to CUSA over this terd of a program. Louisiana Lafayette, Texas St., Arkansas St. and La. Monroe all deserved the spot over facility-less UTSA, but the all-powerful TV market rules in this day and age, so earning something means nothing.

I seriously hope you experience this happeneing to you in your work place. That would be Karma.

• Upvote 1

He'll have his charges ready. Their defense is not bad.

They give up 20 per game in those seven games.

Like, I said last week, this will be our toughest out remaining. They will come out fighting.

I agree. May have to weather a storm, because their QB is a good playmaker, and they can play some defense.

I recall this thread...

And this one:

Edited by LongJim

Im not getting all of the UTSA hate... Are we like... cocky now or something?

seriously... someone tell me. I really don't get it.

Ever been around an ugly girl who just happens to have big boobs?

You're generally pretty indifferent toward her and her butter face. Maybe you even befriend her. When she starts telling you she's the next Brooklyn Decker because a couple drunk dudes took her home, hit it, then never called again...well then you stop being indifferent and say "look bitch, you're not special".

I just look forward to mushroom stamping this 2am special in a couple weeks so she can walk of shame her happy ass back down to the river walk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Get it?

This is the new standard on how to start a football program. UNC - Charlotte is following UTSA's lead and they will be a full member in CUSA in 2015. I understand it’s hard to grasp how a 3rd year team can be on the same level as a 100 year program. It was hard for our ancestors to accept woman’s suffrage years ago too. Texas State struggled with this as well. The fact is UTSA and UNT are already competing for the same recruits and some of those recruits have already chosen UTSA over the tradition laden UNT. Although we do not have the tradition that UNT, Texas State, {Insert any school} UTSA is already competitive on this level and will soon match everyone in facilities.

This is the new standard on how to start a football program. UNC - Charlotte is following UTSA's lead and they will be a full member in CUSA in 2015. I understand it’s hard to grasp how a 3rd year team can be on the same level as a 100 year program. It was hard for our ancestors to accept woman’s suffrage years ago too. Texas State struggled with this as well. The fact is UTSA and UNT are already competing for the same recruits and some of those recruits have already chosen UTSA over the tradition laden UNT. Although we do not have the tradition that UNT, Texas State, {Insert any school} UTSA is already competitive on this level and will soon match everyone in facilities.

Soon, when the players you're recruiting now are in their thirties....

Coming from a UTSA grad this is totally understandable. Do you all even get promoted?

Serious question. I noticed that all the "UT hyphen" schools are blue, orange and white. UT-Arlington, UT-Tyler, UT-El Paso, UT-San Antonio...all the same. Is this to save costs so you can share equipment? Must suck to not be able to create your own identity.

Ever been around an ugly girl who just happens to have big boobs?

You're generally pretty indifferent toward her and her butter face. Maybe you even befriend her. When she starts telling you she's the next Brooklyn Decker because a couple drunk dudes took her home, hit it, then never called again...well then you stop being indifferent and say "look bitch, you're not special".

I just look forward to mushroom stamping this 2am special in a couple weeks so she can walk of shame her happy ass back down to the river walk.

You sweet talker.