Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

I read this post on their fan website and it seems somewhat plausible --

"We need to score 21 on them in the first quarter and then run out the clock for the next three."

OK so not many teams will score 21 points in the first half against our defense and the way it is playing right now. But I've watched a number of the UTSA games and they come out on fire...they go for the jugular and move the offense at a very rapid pace. The tend to own the momentum and energy early in most all of their games.

Conversely - our offense typically sputters out of the gate. We've had to come from behind so many times this season, with Rice being the most recent example.

Canales is going to have to be aggressive with these guys early! They will stack up against the run and their defensive line is decent. I don't know if we will have the luxury of relying on the defense and special teams to carry us in every game.

Dear Harry,

You worried about La Tech. We took care of them.

You worried about USM (why. I'll never know). 135-2.

You worried about UTEP, who raised the white flag pre-game by putting in a True Frosh who had never thrown a collegiate pass in his life. Slaughter.

You now worry about a team who has never beaten a team with a winning record. EVER!!

This is beginning to seem like a bit.

We beat this team 35-5

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

The only thing that worries me about this game is that it will feature two teams with chip on their shoulders. UTSA wants to prove their rise was real and we want to prove the same thing. If it becomes a game of the heart, I like North Texas' chances...coupled with a talent gap by UTSA.

I read this post on their fan website and it seems somewhat plausible --

OK so not many teams will score 21 points in the first half against our defense and the way it is playing right now. But I've watched a number of the UTSA games and they come out on fire...they go for the jugular and move the offense at a very rapid pace. The tend to own the momentum and energy early in most all of their games.

Conversely - our offense typically sputters out of the gate. We've had to come from behind so many times this season, with Rice being the most recent example.

Canales is going to have to be aggressive with these guys early! They will stack up against the run and their defensive line is decent. I don't know if we will have the luxury of relying on the defense and special teams to carry us in every game.

Harry and anyone else who is concerned about UTSA's offense:

The Mean Green Defense is up for the challenge. UTSA will not break 20pts on this defense. Period. They barely got to 10 on Tulane. And the Mean Green D is leaps & bounds better than OKSt's 2nd/3rd stringers that UTSA lit up in the 4th quarter of that game for all of their points.

• Upvote 2

Dear Harry,

You worried about La Tech. We took care of them.

You worried about USM (why. I'll never know). 135-2.

You worried about UTEP, who raised the white flag pre-game by putting in a True Frosh who had never thrown a collegiate pass in his life. Slaughter.

You now worry about a team who has never beaten a team with a winning record. EVER!!

This is beginning to seem like a bit.

We beat this team 35-5

They beat Tulane with a 6-3 winning record coming into the game.

• Upvote 4

They beat Tulane with a 6-3 winning record coming into the game.

True... I was thinking the same thing. They can win against teams that have a good record and that does bother me. We all know that Soza can play, but I still think we come out on top. This team is on a roll. As long as we prepare and go into this game like we have the last few weeks we will blow them away.

• Upvote 1

I worry about a slow start, especially with bad DT showing up the last couple of weeks.

I think our crowd will be a huge play here. They're gonna be on fire because they have less to lose and they believe they have more to prove. If we can rattle 'em early, I think we have this in the bag. I don't think the opposing crowd has been too much of a factor for them because of who and where they have played. We will likely change that.

• Upvote 1

You guys surely don't want a line of cakewalks to end the year, do you? UTSA will be a decent test but our defense should hold them in check.

To me, the big factor is whether or not we get any scores from our defense. Defense and special teams have had three touchdowns the last two weeks, including two against Rice. If we don't get any then I'm not so sure we pull away from this team. Still should be a handily won game, but I don't think this will be a blowout on offensive scores alone.

• Upvote 1

I talked to a man from S.A. who said his

son goes to utsa and knows some of their

players and they think rhey ill beat us

by three T.D.'s. I told him they wouldn't

score 14 points on us.

While beating y'all by 21 isn't a complete impossibility (anything is possible on any given day), it isn't the most likely scenario. Beating y'all by a sound 8-10 points is more within the realm of reality. So is a loss.

My gut tells me the Roadrunners will do whatever it takes to make sure we have the best chance of winning this game. You will see our best team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

My gut tells me the Roadrunners will do whatever it takes to make sure we have the best chance of winning this game. You will see our best team.

I don't doubt this at all from your team. I truly think this will be a tough game in general.

I do like Mac's ability to keep his team focused and ready to play. I think that is a difference maker. And even though this team is at 7 wins most all of these guys haven't sniffed any kind of winning during their tenure. There is no chance they get complacent or take anyone lightly. UTSA will be hit like that haven't been hit all season.

• Upvote 3

I talked to a man from S.A. who said his

son goes to utsa and knows some of their

players and they think rhey ill beat us

by three T.D.'s. I told him they wouldn't

score 14 points on us.

OK students on the board. Time to pass this word on to Mr. Orr and company.

They haven't been down the road our men have. Now they want to be equals of, and in their minds greater-than, the Mean Green?!

And they want to accomplish it on UNT's SENIOR DAY?!?

UTSA was still DREAMING about a football program when our Seniors signed on to bleed for the Mean Green. Seems they are still dreaming.

UTSA & everyone else: Stop disrespecting the Mean Green. These are bad, bad men.

vfx02_hulk_closeUp.jpg

• Upvote 3

OK students on the board. Time to pass this word on to Mr. Orr and company.

They haven't been down the road our men have. Now they want to be equals of, and in their minds greater-than, the Mean Green?!

And they want to accomplish it on UNT's SENIOR DAY?!?

UTSA was still DREAMING about a football program when our Seniors signed on to bleed for the Mean Green. Seems they are still dreaming.

UTSA & everyone else: Stop disrespecting the Mean Green. These are bad, bad men.

vfx02_hulk_closeUp.jpg

:goodjob::thumbsu:

• Upvote 1