And the 2 weeks of UTSA Smack/Food talk continues

Harry

Your defense looks to be damn good. I don't doubt it for a second. I also don't doubt that our players are built on being told "they can't or they won't"... They are built by the very nature of their recruitment (or lack thereof) to have a chip on their shoulders. Tell us we can't or we won't, and we'll do anything and everything possible to show you different.

Try having a team full of four year guys who have been told they can't or won't. That's a lot of pent up anger and frustration that teams have been feeling all season.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

Tulane pulled us into their world... A world where offense doesn't exist and defense and turnovers reign king. Tulane took us into their world and we beat them at their own game. Ugly... I mean ugly, ugly, ugly. But a win is a win. And that particular win actually showed our boys that they can be taken completely out of their game and still pull the W. That was an important, borderline historic win for this team... One that can springboard us to future successes.

Your defense looks to be damn good. I don't doubt it for a second. I also don't doubt that our players are built on being told "they can't or they won't"... They are built by the very nature of their recruitment (or lack thereof) to have a chip on their shoulders. Tell us we can't or we won't, and we'll do anything and everything possible to show you different.

Thats what happened to us..... but..... we played them in NO. A bit different. You'll need that chip for us in Apogee. I think it would be an entertaining game, outside of the fact that you play us at home. I can't see you guys having a shot, with that said. I dont kniw how much you know about our history, but you'll have to pull this W out of our cold dead fingers. We want this more.

I know anything can happen this late in the season, but this division is ours to lose at this point.

• Upvote 2

No sir... I'm UTSA.

I have no dog in the childish name calling fight.

Enough about dogfighting. Time for a fun fact. I went to high school with your RB Evans Okatcha. He used to call himself "Evil Evans". He has it tattooed on his back. Couldn't make this stuff up. He also had his HS number tattooed pretty big on his back. Edited by meangreenthirteen

We had several injured players on offense including our #1 and #2 running back. We definitely struggle without those key guys. Our most electric player was out vs Marshall and the offense was grounded

And you're bringing them to Apogee to face this defense with the dvision crown in the balance? At least they get to be healthy for a week or so.

Edited by emmitt01

I am seriously going to have to take a break from the board for 2 weeks.

This is going to be absolute hell having to waste our time listening to UT Tyler fans.

I know...seriously. UTSA Comets are just terrible at football. UT Dallas Roadrunners I hear may join the AAC next season.

• Upvote 1

Honesty, some of those posts I read are absolutely hilarious. One guy talking about how he hasn't ever met a UNT alum, or at least not one who is proud to be an alum. Hahaha...right, there's SOOO MUCH MORE to feel prideful about down at UT...SA. So much more.

Has anyone ever graduated from UTSA? I thought most transferred after two years.

• Upvote 2

I actually have a really good friend of mine that graduated from UTSA last year, might just have to try and talk him in to coming to the game (he still lives in SA).

Use small words.

And it may be cold... Make sure someone pins a pair of mittens to his jacket, just in case. Or, get those connected by a string that you can run through his coat sleeves.

UTSA doesn't deserve a thread like this. I am almost embarrassed you guys are getting this worked up about them.

As Mark Twain said, "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2