• Create Account

Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com Forum

Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com Forum, home of University of North Texas students, alumni and fans.  Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the GoMeanGreen.com family by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Get access to the chat room, member map, arcade, photo gallery and much, much more!
  • Customize your experience here
  • Access premium content and features only available to registered members
  • Registration is simple and easy as we allow use of valid Google, Facebook and Twitter accounts:  Click here to register
Thanks for visiting and as always -- GO MEAN GREEN!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

C-USA Tie Breaker information

C-USA Tie Breaker

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 LongJim

LongJim

Real Fan of Genius

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

If UTSA beats Tulane this weekend NT takes sole possession of first place in the West since we hold the tiebreaker over Rice.

Yep.  Provided UNT wins.  :thumbsu:

Edited by LongJim, 08 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

"Tradition is never handed down. It is a burden raised and willingly borne by those that would have it continue."

"I always have been a Horn fan."--George Dunham, 5-28-10

#32 UNT90

UNT90

Mean Green Icon

• Members
  • 15,418 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Reading more.....overrall shouldn't matter, so my comment above is fruitless.

However, I would have to assume ECU's BCS ranking would be higher than UNT's if both teams were to finish the season without another loss.  This is based on the fact we still face NCSU and Marshall.

Kinda depends on whether Ball St. beats NIU in a week or 2. NIU is ranked, Ball St. is 35 in the BCS. They beat NIU, they are top 25.

And we beat them for there only loss of the season.

Interesting times. But 1st, we both must win out.

"We Run.......to set up the Run"  - UNT90

#33 MeanGreenTexan

MeanGreenTexan

GoMeanGreen.com Addict

• Members
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

However, I would have to assume ECU's BCS ranking would be higher than UNT's if both teams were to finish the season without another loss.  This is based on the fact we still face NCSU and Marshall.

Marshall is pretty low and NCSt is lower, so I don't know that they will help you.   We're kindof in the same boat, but we're hoping Ball St. continues to rise.  Ideally, we will be their only loss on the year.  If so, that should help us in the BCS rankings tremendously.

somebody call me when facts replace speculation.

Down the corridor of years, we'll forget the joys and tears, but North Texas, North Texas, we love!

#34 musmagic

musmagic

Fledgling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Tulane has historically been a bad team.  I'm very surprised at their current record.

However, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them start a skid of losses.  Look at most of their conference wins.....not a huge margin.  

#35 musmagic

musmagic

Fledgling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

We'll have to see about that whole Ball State thing....looks like their schedule isn't that stellar up until now.  They'll have something to prove, but you all are correct.....never know what's going to happen between now and then.

:beer: Here's to a Championship game between UNT and ECU....in Greenville!  LOL  :pirate:

#36 UNTFan23

UNTFan23

Surprises are coming out every day

• Members
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Ball State could have given us a gift with their loss to us if they end up ranked.  It could help us move past ECU.

facebook_logo.pngblogger.pngtwitter-logo.png

bar-pitcrew.jpg

#37 MeanGreenTexan

MeanGreenTexan

GoMeanGreen.com Addict

• Members
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

We'll have to see about that whole Ball State thing....looks like their schedule isn't that stellar up until now.  They'll have something to prove, but you all are correct.....never know what's going to happen between now and then.

:beer: Here's to a Championship game between UNT and ECU....in Greenville!  LOL  :pirate:

hear! hear!  except that last part about location!

:party0005:

somebody call me when facts replace speculation.

Down the corridor of years, we'll forget the joys and tears, but North Texas, North Texas, we love!

#38 Greenrex

Greenrex

Platinum Eagle

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

My head just exploded.

#39 Green92

Green92

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

My head just exploded.

That happens a lot when I read this forum. 

"Well done is better than well said." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain." -- Sandy Cheeks

#40 10Eagle10

10Eagle10

Platinum Eagle

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

both of our season-ending SOS's are about to get a kick in the teeth.

North Texas: #120 UTEP, #91 UTSA, #107 Tulsa

East Carolina: #107 Tulsa, #108 UAB, #87 NC State, #79 Marshall

#41 untbowler

untbowler

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Screw ECU, they are leaving, would rather have Marshall at least they are staying around.

UNT v Marshall in the Big D

Conway, AR baby
Watch out for the Bears!!!

#42 10Eagle10

10Eagle10

Platinum Eagle

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

SIAP, but I didn't see it:

Tiebreaker 
The following tiebreaker formula is recommended for the Conference USA Football Championship game: 

Two-team tie to determine host 
1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play. 
2. If tied, head to head between tied teams. 
3. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking - as already thoroughly discussed in this thread

Even if we both win this weekend, I foresee a dip for both of us. UTEP will, unfortunately, make us drop (even if we win by 35). And #52 Buffalo will climb, based on their 27 pt win over #55 Ohio, among others. Just hang tight, it's gonna be a crazy season-ending watching those BCS standings

#43 musmagic

musmagic

Fledgling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Screw ECU, they are leaving, would rather have Marshall at least they are staying around.

UNT v Marshall in the Big D

And here I was being collegial.....

Do you REALLY think that any team in CUSA would turn down an invite to a conference that has a better TV contract?  You're crazy if you think the answer is yes...

Besides, that has nothing to do with this season, this year.....wouldn't you rather play a team that you may never play again?  

#44 Army of Dad

Army of Dad

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

And here I was being collegial.....

Do you REALLY think that any team in CUSA would turn down an invite to a conference that has a better TV contract?  You're crazy if you think the answer is yes...

Besides, that has nothing to do with this season, this year.....wouldn't you rather play a team that you may never play again?  

No, I wouldn't want a defector to be the champ. It's not that I fault you for leaving, but you're gone and ECU or Tulane or Tulsa winning anything doesn't really help the conference as much as is those schools staying in the conference winning.
Just my take.

#45 musmagic

musmagic

Fledgling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

No, I wouldn't want a defector to be the champ. It's not that I fault you for leaving, but you're gone and ECU or Tulane or Tulsa winning anything doesn't really help the conference as much as is those schools staying in the conference winning.
Just my take.

That's better reasoning than "screw ECU".....

If I were unbiased, I would agree with this take on it.  However, I of course want ECU to win, so that is what I pull for!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C-USA, Tie Breaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users