...and we won't be throwing anymore

BIG DAWG

This is exactly what I was saying through the whole game...might be easy to bounce back from it against a down USM team, but I hope they got all of the crap out of their systems before Thursday's game.

I guess there will always be those people who want to find something to moan and groan about in every aspect of everything in life. Instead of enjoying a BIG win, they project to the next game ... Of which they have no real idea how it will go, of course. But, some just must find something to be negative about in everything. Win with over 50 points and it's still not good enough because the opponent was a nobody, but those guys next week...well, they are a real team and this and that and this and that!

Can we not enjoy anything people? You folks are amazing. Pity party made to order...just get you guys together...got any wrinkled $100 bilks laying around you don't want? Remind me never to invite you guys to a party unless it is a wake! You guys would be a riot at a wake!

How many of you earlier in the season predicted UNT to be 5-3 at this point in the season AND winning big on the road? I believe I read post after post saying "just win". So, they win and...nope...not good enough because those guys next week are really tough! Saw some top 25 teams make a few mistakes in their wins today as well...like a lost fumble here and an int there. They won! Happens. But, man...next week......sigh!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I guess there will always be those people who want to find something to moan and groan about in every aspect of everything in life. Instead of enjoying a BIG win, they project to the next game ... Of which they have no real idea how it will go, of course. But, some just must find something to be negative about in everything. Win with over 50 points and it's still not good enough because the opponent was a nobody, but those guys next week...well, they are a real team and this and that and this and that!

Can we not enjoy anything people? You folks are amazing. Pity party made to order...just get you guys together...got any wrinkled $100 bilks laying around you don't want? Remind me never to invite you guys to a party unless it is a wake! You guys would be a riot at a wake!

How many of you earlier in the season predicted UNT to be 5-3 at this point in the season AND winning big on the road? I believe I read post after post saying "just win". So, they win and...nope...not good enough because those guys next week are really tough! Saw some top 25 teams make a few mistakes in their wins today as well...like a lost fumble here and an int there. They won! Happens. But, man...next week......sigh!

And how many fans on their message boards point out that a fumble or int here or there can really be the nail in the coffin against Oregon, FSU, Bama, Baylor, Mizzou etc.? Get over it man, it's football and turnovers are a huge part of it. There 10 other threads on this board right now that are all positive. I think a harmless observation post is just fine.

• Upvote 4

And how many fans on their message boards point out that a fumble or int here or there can really be the nail in the coffin against Oregon, FSU, Bama, Baylor, Mizzou etc.? Get over it man, it's football and turnovers are a huge part of it. There 10 other threads on this board right now that are all positive. I think a harmless observation post is just fine.

If you close your eyes and wish really, really hard, all turnovers by UNT really didn't happen. No, really! Try it!

And if you don't, you will be branded as negative FOREVER by the message board quasi-police (because they aren't even mods, thank God!!).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

God forbid we have a thread addressing an issue. They are exactly right, this needs to be addressed. 4 turnovers happens during the Rice game will result in a big L.

No!! We can not address an issue that the head coach said was an issue because it is not an issue!!!!

Don't you understand?

• Upvote 2

I am very proud of these young men on this football team. The coaches are awesome. This is a very special TEAM. Looking in the rear view mirror, we have come a long way. The TEAM knows they have certain things they have to improve - both as a team and at the individual level. They understand they are all a piece of the bigger picture. Coaches have to work with the talent on hand and we do have some talent. The coaches and players are looking at the wholistic picture. Players have to continually get better with every game played. AND They know it. I am not saying anything everyone does not already know. The players know the coaches are trying to recruit someone better every year than what they currently have. This team supports one another. They are the UNT Football family and they are representing us extremely well. We, as Alumni and supporters, should focus our energy on getting people to the games. More game attendees, more revenue, more donations, more scholarships = more talent, more wins, etc. LET's stay positive. Continue to Believe in this team. LET the coaches do their job. They live & breath this profession just like we do with our own professions. Let's recruit folks to attend the game Thursday! They will feel the energy and they will not be disappointed. Encourage people to join the Mean Green club and/or the Alumni Association. Support our Team and our University.

• Upvote 1

Yep...that was me pissing and moaning during a 55 point offensive explosion! You caught me! You sly one you!

Hey Kram,

Great win, and UNT did a lot of things right. But can you agree with these two points?

1. So Miss is an awful football team, maybe the worst team we'll face this year.

2. If UNT turns the ball over 4 times against Rice, UNT's probability of losing increases exponentially.

If you agree with one or both, then this thread is warranted. We're all excited about a big win, but Rice is not So Miss. We cannot turn the ball over 4 times. That just cannot happen.

I am a football fan.

I am a Mean Green fan.

In that overlap I can watch Mean Green football and point out flaws while still rooting whole-heartedly for my school. I don't understand how some people think this is impossible.

The passing game concerns me. This win streak has included a few bums and despite the scores (woo!) we have rushed for less than 4 ypc in some of these.

I still see 9-3 considering the teams we are playing, the amazing defense we have, and the ability -- despite themselves -- of the offense to come up with a touchdown drive or two per game.

First of all Kram is right, it's ludicrous to post a negative thread after a game like this. UNT won 55 to 14. Fifty-freaking-five to 14. Enjoy it! Heck, even UNT90 has become a light-headed, giggly optimist.

Turn-overs? Who cares about turn-overs? Many of y'all were whining about Mac's conservative run-first & last offense. Part of the price of gambling is that sometimes you lose the darn ball. That's okay - we won! Live with it!

• Downvote 2