Past opponents

BillySee58

Ohio improved to 5-2 today and Ball State improved to 7-1. They have to just be kicking themselves that they lost to us. Also, Georgia dropped their second straight game. Not a great season for those guys.

Saw someone compare our loss to Tulane and Ball State's loss to us. Big difference IMO. We outgained Tulane by over 130 yards, while Ball State was not able to outgain us (we outgained them by about 10 yards).

Regardless, our tough out of conference looks to have done a pretty good job of preparing us for this conference slate.

• Upvote 5

Half of UGA's offensive weapons are out. They're pretty much playing for a better bowl berth from here on out, because I don't see them winning their division.

Tulane is probably our worst loss of the year, not only because we should have won as the better team, but because that could be the one that keeps us from the championship game.

Edited by JesseMartin

Another great performance by our guys! We're kicking ourselves that we could be 7-1 or at least 6-2 right now, but we've played great nonetheless and still have a great shot at a bowl.

Speaking of kicking themselves, Ball St improved to 8-1 and would be 9-0 with a legitimate shot at a BCS bowl had it not been for our amazing second half where we dominated them in every phase. Ohio is also bowl eligible at 6-2 now.

That's where I was going with it.

On an unrelated note, is it weird to anyone else that Buffalo is bowl eligible...and at the top of the MAC East? I don't think I've heard anyone mention them at all this season.

Edited by JesseMartin

I think Ball State's loss in Denton & our loss in New Orleans are very similar in that both represent lost opportunity.

Contrary to some of the others on this thread, I think it's too easy to say, "I'd take this loss for that win..."

1. The wins vs Idaho & Ball State were critical to building the momentum we're riding right now and will be important Thursday as the confidence/motivation to protect the home-field perfection will be valuable.

2. The loss to Tulane really forced the team to evaluate their approach on the road and we've seen the benefits these past 2 weeks. As was mentioned on the broadcast, they looked in the mirror and have played with a determination unlike anything we've seen since the bowl era.