Ugly helmets

eagle73

Admittedly, I don't know what the hell is on Okie State's helmets but it at least kind of blends into the helmet as an ugly black blob. Maryland's is the most ostentatious of any helmet ever. If I looked closely at the Terps' helmet I could probably find want ads, the Gettysburg Address and a Playboy centerfold.

• Upvote 2

Admittedly, I don't know what the hell is on Okie State's helmets but it at least kind of blends into the helmet as an ugly black blob. Maryland's is the most ostentatious of any helmet ever. If I looked closely at the Terps' helmet I could probably find want ads, the Gettysburg Address and a Playboy centerfold.

Don't forget Waldo.

I thought the VT one was pretty cool for a "theme" helmet. But Maryland...their helmets and uniforms overall are just crazy. I noticed that when I caught part of their win over FIU. What's up with the yellow dotted lines? "Passing allowed" zone? Or maybe labeling their butts as left turn lanes?

I don't know which is worse, Marylands "so busy you can't tell what the hell it is helmet" or Okie State's "what the heck is on that helmet". Just saying.....

When are folks going to learn that's just the Maryland flag, which is ubiquitous with their school identity?!? I think it's awesome that they embrace that contrasting pattern like that.

• Upvote 1

What did Ohio St do to their helmets? Looks like they contracted with Smith and Wesson for spare metal.

Yeah....I think there are a handful of helmets in college football you don't mess with.

Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas......to name a few.

They should never mess with those helmets....

Woody Hayes must be rolling over in his grave...

• Upvote 1

I can think of a MUCH better way to do a flag helmet than the Rorschach test of a paint scheme Maryland uses....

gallery_35327_191_12378.jpg

gallery_35327_191_396028.jpg

Sorry about the sloppy 4 a.m., after a Guinness Photoshop job...

I have no idea what school that is. Where is it written?

Geez, next thing you know we'll be putting some cow head or a player's number on the side of the helmet. NOBODY would recognize us.

#idgladlytakeyourdesignoverthecurrentone

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what school that is. Where is it written?

Geez, next thing you know we'll be putting some cow head or a player's number on the side of the helmet. NOBODY would recognize us.

#idgladlytakeyourdesignoverthecurrentone

We couldn't possibly mess with our decades of uniform tradition by doing something cool that potential recruits would love.

• Upvote 1

I can think of a MUCH better way to do a flag helmet than the Rorschach test of a paint scheme Maryland uses....

gallery_35327_191_12378.jpg

gallery_35327_191_396028.jpg

Sorry about the sloppy 4 a.m., after a Guinness Photoshop job...

The flag is backwards. The star should be at the front.

I think our battle flag on the helmet is a great idea. However, it should be either flat on the side or waving (like the Texas Rangers Texas flag) on the side.

When are folks going to learn that's just the Maryland flag, which is ubiquitous with their school identity?!? I think it's awesome that they embrace that contrasting pattern like that.

i knew it was the Maryand flag the first time I saw it...

I also knew that it was disgustingly ugly

• Upvote 2