Just for the old school way of thread-dom:

First.

*I'm just gonna play by play this.

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY.

Joe Greene's gonna sign things for auction... Someone alert the NCAA and A&M's lawyers.

VEGAS UPDATE: Spread against Idaho -> -27º

We got big long lanky things.

New boy band: Marcus Trice and the Young Pups.

Why not Junior Year visits?

National prestige games, NT90.

Hey, give me a check. I'm just gonna lie here and roll around.

*Man, I love RV quotes.*

Yes! Relief mounts! This is awesome.

Baseball tailgating will be over 9000.

Butts in seats, folks. Butts in seats.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Harry...Thanks Evan. Very well done...professional, courteous and entertaining. Got a few tidbits out of it as well especially if you read between the lines on some of the responses.

Time for this old guy to hit the sheets...Good Night Mean Green Nation wherever you are!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, gentlemen. It seemed short for a podcast with RV--don't those usually go an hour and a half?

RV was interviewing some applicants for the open softball coaching position before we started and he had a speaking engagement right after our broadcast. He's a busy dude at this time of the year so yes it was a little shorter than usual.

Great job, fellas. Good to hear from Evan. I feel like I haven't seen him on the board much lately.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the uniform sale. My guess is that there will be a pretty hefty price tag. I look forward to seeing them on Monday.

The baseball stadium concept sounds great. I wish there was more of an in-your-face financial campaign going on for it right now.

• Upvote 2

Thanks 90, I've just been lurking, but now we are back in full form...

The helmet looked great and they will be very popular! I definitely want one!

Thanks to RV for sitting down with us...This time of the year his schedule is pretty full.

Looking forward to Monday and the unveiling.

By reading through the lines of RV's comments, it seems that we are going to buy another home game in 2014. That is good.

It also seems that 2015 is a 5 game home season. That is bad.

Did not get that a 5 game home season was in the offering. Seemed to me that he was saying 6 games each year. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Our goal is to have 6 home games" is the exact quote. That goal wasn't met last year and won't be on 2015 (at SMU, at Iowa, at Tennessee).

Talking is nice. Doing means something.

So, no way possible to dump the Tennessee or Iowa game and replace it with a home one in 2015. That is absolutely impossible?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, no way possible to dump the Tennessee or Iowa game and replace it with a home one in 2015. That is absolutely impossible?

Since the Tennessee game was just announced, I would suggest that is going to happen. Could it be a replacement game for Iowa? Possibly, but I doubt it (because of what happened last year). And we all know SMU is locked in.

Also, that would mean buying a home game in 2014 and 2015. Severly doubt that happens.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My Take On The Podcast

I got excited listening to the podcast. Great job, fellas! :)

And thanks, Harry, for adding the question for RV about luxury suite sales and how they are coming along. Sounds like they are going well. RV said the suites sell themselves if they can just get those who would be prospects for such into Apogee and I'd think that would be because of what they see would be their vantage point. What a great place for a company that would invest into a luxury suite to entertain their own potential customers, eh?

Rick V mentioned buying a game so I wonder how that translates as far as what level of schools he would want to buy to come into Apogee Stadium? Hopefully he will have an opportunity to talk to more schools other than the ones leaving for the AAC. Tulsa U doesn't need too much more of a Texas presence than they will already get with SMU and UH, but that is just one opinion.

Having regular Apogee games with Army, Navy and Air Force would be fine with me, especially since they have a built-in audience here in northern Texas.

It's summer time and all are excited about most anything but I still like the direction things are going in Mean Green Country and a winning season this Fall would get this Mean Green rocket airborne in ways we've not seen in quite awhile. Coach Mac is absolutely doing things the way Fry would have done it but why not---Coach Fry was his mentor in his first coaching gig as an assistant at Iowa.

Rick V mentioned that another ex Dallas Cowboy-gone-media type went bonkers on his first trip and tour of fabulous Apogee Stadium; of course, that being Moose Johnson of CBS.

Great podcasts! Thanks for sharing!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Much thanks, as always, Evan and Harry for the Podcasts! As for the 'Throwback' Uni, I'll take it. Would have preferred wearing different Throwback Unis from different Eras for each Home Game, but that would've gotten expensive. But, it will be GREAT to see the WORM again for the first time in over 30 years! :thumbsu: Now, get working on the Worm T-Shirts, Hats, etc...

Great job as usual. Next time on with RV, please ask why it appears that we have a difficult time with the licensing process. It appears every other school in the nation does not have the problems good ol' UNT has in this area.