PG: Javion Hamlet 19-20 

SG: Tylor Perry 21-22

SF: Chris Davis 01-02

PF: Jordan Williams 13-14

C : Tony Mitchell 11-12

BENCH:

Josh White 09-10

Ryan Woolridge 18-19

Roosevelt Smart 17-18 (unstoppable from 3)

George Odufuwa 09-10

Jeremy Combs 15-16

Tristian Thompson 10-11

Thomas Bell 20-21

in fantasy coach-land, I'd dick around with how you're balancing a line-up...but I'd say you're nearly there on the personnel...swap in '06-'07 Calvin Watson for Roosevelt Smart and I think it's right. 

that said, no UNT basketball player has ever been better than late Spring'09 Adam McCoy. fight me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, Ibleedgreen said:

Yes…In the 60s it was a metal building that was incredibly loud when students and fans stomped on the metal bleachers.

Actually, the lower bleachers, sides and behind the baskets, were those rollout bleachers that were wood on a metal frame.  The upper level were wooden benches on a concrete base.  Either way, it was extremely loud and fun.

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2003 at 1:03 AM, Cooley said:

Grand Green, I yield to you on anything before 1975, but I have to respectfully ask you to put that bottle down.

Now, Deon Hunter is my homeboy (SOC) but did you mean to put him ahead of Weasel Johnson? He does not make my list! John Horrocks ahead of Kenneth Williams? Lurch Davis? GG, you have your UNT Hall of Famers on the third team!

Excellent job! I appreciate your input! Hell, I thought I was the only one on this board that watch NT basketball before the year 2000. Anyway, I'm glad they finally took those orange seats out. Ya think that may have contributed to vision problems with your rankings? (Just kidding)

Those guys who played against Missouri Valley teams back in the 60's didn't see the orange seats. They saw capacity crowds and no empty bleachers at the Snake Pit.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Since 2000:

PG: Javion Hamlet 19-20 

SG: Tylor Perry 21-22

SF: Chris Davis 01-02

PF: Jordan Williams 13-14

C : Tony Mitchell 11-12

BENCH:

Josh White 09-10

Ryan Woolridge 18-19

Roosevelt Smart 17-18 (unstoppable from 3)

George Odufuwa 09-10

Jeremy Combs 15-16

Tristian Thompson 10-11

Thomas Bell 20-21

I would swap Tristian Thompson and Jordan Williams. Tristian's offensive numbers were so much better. Dude shot 41.8% from 3 in 2011 and 45.9% overall! Compared to Williams' 30.3% from 3 and 40.2% overall in 2014. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I would swap Tristian Thompson and Jordan Williams. Tristian's offensive numbers were so much better. Dude shot 41.8% from 3 in 2011 and 45.9% overall! Compared to Williams' 30.3% from 3 and 40.2% overall in 2014. 

Yeah but Jordan Williams had to be dragged down by benford's abysmal coaching and rotations. So he gets extra bonus points.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 3:55 PM, Mo Green said:

Bobby Iverson from Oklahoma should be on the team. He was special if I remember right he stopped playing ball to be a Pasteur up in OK. He was here around '70?

Ah, yes.  Bobby Iverson from Tulsa.  He didn't quit to be a pastor; he quit because his mother was a Jehovah's Witness and in her opinion playing basketball was a sin.  He could have been one of our greatest.  He was terrific the year that he played.  What a natural!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 4:20 PM, Graddean said:

John Savage played in the early 60's.  He came from Detroit,.Tx and had reportedly played on a dirt court.  He played when NTSU did not have Avery good team.  He was a star in the Missouri Valley Conference when it was referred to as the VALLEY OF DEATH.  conference champ Cincy was national champs his sophomore year and runner up his junior year.

Agreed. I was freshman in 61' and was fortunate to watch him play in the original PITT. If memory serves Johnson was coach, Savage was 2nd team all conference, and we were DAL every year in the Missouri Valley Conference. At that time the MVC consisted of Cincy, Louisville , Drake, Bradley , Wichita, and probably a team of two that I can't remember. John Savage was the best UNT basketball player that I have ever seen playing in the strongest basketball conference we have ever belonged to.