The Benghazi Scandal Hearings

We benefited directly by not seizing Iraqi oil and by not allowing them to sell their maximum allotment, thus driving up the price of oil. In 2002 Oil prices were roughly 20% of what they are today. How do you explain that?

Do you understand how a commodities market works, right?

The Middle East holds a lot of the world's oil supply. Oil was going up after 911, no matter what our response

But inflated markets usually correct themselves, as the oil market did before your guy took office.

As a matter of fact, gas prices were at less than $2 a gallon when Pres. Obama took office. I am dying to hear your conspiracy theory on how he inflated the market just to help his buddies.

Seriously, why did it go back up under Pres. Obama?

F'n crickets.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"W" attempted to repair his father's reputation from the first failed Gulf War by invading And declaring victory before the war even started. You might disagree, but history will show he is responsible for not only destroying the countries civil liberties (PATRIOT ACT), but wrecking the economy (Two unnecessary wars on credit, bank bailouts, etc.) Go ahead and try to spin this but we all now that its bullshit. The media loves to talk about the dysfunction in Washington, but they will won't admit to the role that they play in legitimizing Republican obstruction. And we won't even get into Boehner and his buddies on what they're doing or not doing. Is it all the Republicans fault? No, but the fault leans about 65-35 percent to the Republicans.

And your Newsflash about it not being 2008. No kidding. The Republicans lost in 2008. Suck it up and let Obama lead.

Hahahahahahahaha.

You mean the sane patriot act that Pres. Obama refused to repeal, even with a supermajority in congress???

It's amazing how you believe every little nugget floated with democrat talking points.

Just another thing Pres. Obama lied to super libs like you about:, but you don't care, because he is on your sideline.

Funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you understand how a commodities market works, right?

The Middle East holds a lot of the world's oil supply. Oil was going up after 911, no matter what our response

But inflated markets usually correct themselves, as the oil market did before your guy took office.

As a matter of fact, gas prices were at less than $2 a gallon when Pres. Obama took office. I am dying to hear your conspiracy theory on how he inflated the market just to help his buddies.

Seriously, why did it go back up under Pres. Obama?

F'n crickets.

So you are trying to call the second largest economic collapse in history an inflated market correcting itself? Gas prices were under two dollars as the economy collapsed. In July 2008 gas prices were at an all time high. Economics 101, when supply goes down price goes up. Bush decreased world supply by occupying Iraq so his oil buddies could profit. Why did oil prices go back up under Obama? Because we were still in Iraq genius and demand increased significantly as the recession ended. Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

Hahahahahahahaha.

You mean the sane patriot act that Pres. Obama refused to repeal, even with a supermajority in congress???

It's amazing how you believe every little nugget floated with democrat talking points.

Just another thing Pres. Obama lied to super libs like you about:, but you don't care, because he is on your sideline.

Funny.

You speak of Talking points. That's the only thing you spew. FAUX NEWS talking points. I don't defend Obama for not repealing the Patriot Act, but it was implemented by the "W."

Hey UNT90, I hate to tell you the President of the United States is on your sideline as well. He's the leader of the free world. The President has improved the Stock Market, the housing market and restored manufactoring growth, all while fighting with Congress, who has spent millions attempting to appeal Obamacare.

He has fought off three manufactured "Crisis" and his approval rating has gone up, while Congress' approval rating would have to go up just to be called embarrassing. I present facts. You present FAUX NEWS talking points, backed up by nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No one has any proof that there was wrong-doing. At some point in time IF there is proof of the Administration doing something wrong, I will pick up the torch and pitchfork and march with you. Till then...there is nothing. Just something else to poke at the Administration.

• Upvote 2

So you are trying to call the second largest economic collapse in history an inflated market correcting itself? Gas prices were under two dollars as the economy collapsed. In July 2008 gas prices were at an all time high. Economics 101, when supply goes down price goes up. Bush decreased world supply by occupying Iraq so his oil buddies could profit. Why did oil prices go back up under Obama? Because we were still in Iraq genius and demand increased significantly as the recession ended.

So Pres. Obama kept us in Iraq to ensure HIS oil buddies kept getting rich?

And, we are basically out of Iraq now, and oil prices are close to its peak under Bush, of course with an economy no where near as good as it was in early 2008.

But that's not Pres. Obama a fault either, right? Anything negative in the Obama presidency can be directly linked and blamed on Bush, right?

Lol.

• Upvote 1

You speak of Talking points. That's the only thing you spew. FAUX NEWS talking points. I don't defend Obama for not repealing the Patriot Act, but it was implemented by the "W."

Hey UNT90, I hate to tell you the President of the United States is on your sideline as well. He's the leader of the free world. The President has improved the Stock Market, the housing market and restored manufactoring growth, all while fighting with Congress, who has spent millions attempting to appeal Obamacare.

He has fought off three manufactured "Crisis" and his approval rating has gone up, while Congress' approval rating would have to go up just to be called embarrassing. I present facts. You present FAUX NEWS talking points, backed up by nothing.

So, if the market crashes in the next 3 years, that will be Pres. Obama's fault, right? Because that is going to happen (it's insanely overvalued at this point).

I am just waiting for y'all to find a way to blame Bengazi on Pres. Bush.

I'm sure it's coming.

So, if the market crashes in the next 3 years, that will be Pres. Obama's fault, right? Because that is going to happen (it's insanely overvalued at this point).

I'm sure it's coming.

Bengazi (it's Benghazi by the way), happened under Obama's administration, 13 embassy attacks, under G.W. Bush, five of them with more deaths than the four in Benghazi. Where was you're outrage? Most Republicans (including you and KRAM, who thinks this is comedy) are hypocrites. Saying one thing and doing another. I try to let this thread die, then UNT90 says something that is a complete fabrication of his imagination, so I present FACTS to prove it incorrect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/13-benghazis-that-occurre_b_3246847.html

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The POTUS has done no such thing. Did Obama instruct Bernake to have the Fed starting buying Treasury bonds, thus causing bond rates to hit such lows that the only real investment option left is stocks? I suspect the stock market may eventually correct itself but who knows when that might happen.

Right now I am enjoying the fact my company's stock is trading near an all-time high. I'm hoping the board of directors approve a stock split but given that the most recent quarter was weaker than expected due to the 2% increase in payroll taxes and the IRS delaying income tax refunds, the board may hold off on such a decision.

The economic recovery is going to take years more to get back to what it once was. It'll be interesting to see how things work out once the Affordable Care Act becomes fully effective as who really knows what kind of economic impact all those new laws are really going to have. Businesses have only been hiring exactly what they think they need to continue with the slight uptick in demand since the consumer hasn't exactly made a roaring comeback yet.

We could be in for some bumpy years ahead.

Bengazi (it's Benghazi by the way), happened under Obama's administration, 13 embassy attacks, under G.W. Bush, five of them with more deaths than the four in Benghazi. Where was you're outrage? Most Republicans (including you and KRAM, who thinks this is comedy) are hypocrites. Saying one thing and doing another. I try to let this thread die, then UNT90 says something that is a complete fabrication of his imagination, so I present FACTS to prove it incorrect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/13-benghazis-that-occurre_b_3246847.html

LOL!!!!

See, but Pres. Bush called them what they were, he didn't lie about the cause of any embassy attack because he was facing an election in a month.

And there is no doubt that "it was a protest about a movie" was a COMPLETE fabrication, as the head of the embassy once tha ambassador was killed testified under oath that he told his superiors in Washington that the embassy was experiencing a TERRORIST ATTACK. He reported this WHILE THE ATTACK WAS HAPPENING.

So, why did Pres. Obama allow his spokesperson to go on every news show the next 2 weeks and call it a demonstration that got out of hand when there had not even been a demonstration in Benghazi? When members of his administration KNEW THAT THIS WAS A TERRORIST ATTACK?

Easy, he knew that he had an election to win and that he had a news media that would never question him on anything (and they didn't).

Many (like you, Greenbat) called folks like Rick and I right wing nuts when we said this was a terrorist attack as the administration attempted to pass it off as a demostration that "got out of hand." Now that people inside the embassy in Benghazi have called it a terrorist attack, you want to talk about "23 embassy attacks that happened under Bush."

You libs really need a new playbook. Y'all are like Danny Mac and the 1st down running play. EVERYONE knows it's coming.

I feeel sorry for Susan Rice, whose career was ended because Pres. Obama chose her to propagate the lie.

You post links to liberal websites and call them "facts," Try having your own opinions and not just regurgitating liberal spin.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm sure it's coming.

"Over valued market" .... that is likely true (you probably are right for once) ...... but because the interest rates are so low on CDs and other things that too much money has gone into the market.. If the interest rates goes up ... it will likely fall (also the value on low interest bonds).... but unlikely as bad as it did in 2008.

Crazy that you want to credit Bush for a great market in 2008 but ignore the insane economic collapse later in the year when he was still in office... and all before elections too. Why not toss in the debt as of 2008 compared to 2000... (it had doubled). It was going up less than 2% per year (average) in Clinton era.

Oil prices in summer 2008 were the highest ever... and again too high because of so much Wall Street speculation on futures. They still aren't as high as they were then or gasoline either. All the costly banking and financial bail-outs were done before the 2008 election... The auto companies bail-outs were done later and most of those have been paid back (with interest).

Bengazi ... if you blame Obama there, then maybe Bush get blame for 9-11, and FDR for Pearl Harbor, .... but all are stupid claims.... It just isn't possible to prevent everything and always has been that way... It isn't possible to predict everything others might do... It is always easy to be a Monday morning QB. No doubt some bad comments and wrong statements were made... which happens a lot early on. They should have corrected their early opinions earlier as things became better known..

T-party and IRS: Not a good thing but laws need to be enforced or clarified better... Organizations that endorse candidates and political parties can't legally be tax exempt groups apparently, at least not under the rules they are claiming... same applies to religious groups and churches .. this could really get interesting as so many violate this as many have said in religious services to vote certain ways.. That borders on separation of church and state ... can't have it both ways... if government can't support certain religious groups then religions shouldn't support certain government groups. This all came about because of the "Christian" European wars (mostly Catholic vs. Protestant and Inquisition) and events such as the Salem witch trials in the USA... Never good to mix them.... just look at the much of the Middle East...or even the attempted elimination of the Jewish religion in Germany by their government. .

The confiscation of media phone records and email... that bothers me.... but so did the entire Patriot Act .... which is pretty much where this coming from and doesn't look Constitutional. There have been a lot of abuses of it especially early on.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

In 2012 REPUBLICAN lawmakers gave the State Dept. $331 Million less than it requested for Embassy Security,

Regardless of how bad you want this to be Obama's fault.

It's not. Facts don't lie.

Every agency or administration in the federal government request a larger budget than the year before and seldom get as much as they like. Either way the GOP held house approved these numbers, the Democrat Senate approved it, and the President approved it. So yes, it's his fault. Where does the buck stop?

• Upvote 1

"Over valued market" .... that is likely true (you probably are right for once) ...... but because the interest rates are so low on CDs and other things that too much money has gone into the market.. If the interest rates goes up ... it will likely fall (also the value on low interest bonds).... but unlikely as bad as it did in 2008.

Crazy that you want to credit Bush for a great market in 2008 but ignore the insane economic collapse later in the year when he was still in office... and all before elections too. Why not toss in the debt as of 2008 compared to 2000... (it had doubled). It was going up less than 2% per year (average) in Clinton era.

Oil prices in summer 2008 were the highest ever... and again too high because of so much Wall Street speculation on futures. They still aren't as high as they were then or gasoline either. All the costly banking and financial bail-outs were done before the 2008 election... The auto companies bail-outs were done later and most of those have been paid back (with interest).

Bengazi ... if you blame Obama there, then maybe Bush get blame for 9-11, and FDR for Pearl Harbor, .... but all are stupid claims.... It just isn't possible to prevent everything and always has been that way... It isn't possible to predict everything others might do... It is always easy to be a Monday morning QB. No doubt some bad comments and wrong statements were made... which happens a lot early on. They should have corrected their early opinions earlier as things became better known..

T-party and IRS: Not a good thing but laws need to be enforced or clarified better... Organizations that endorse candidates and political parties can't legally be tax exempt groups apparently, at least not under the rules they are claiming... same applies to religious groups and churches .. this could really get interesting as so many violate this as many have said in religious services to vote certain ways.. That borders on separation of church and state ... can't have it both ways... if government can't support certain religious groups then religions shouldn't support certain government groups. This all came about because of the "Christian" European wars (mostly Catholic vs. Protestant and Inquisition) and events such as the Salem witch trials in the USA... Never good to mix them.... just look at the much of the Middle East...or even the attempted elimination of the Jewish religion in Germany.

The confiscation of media phone records and email... that bothers me.... but so did the entire Patriot Act .... which is pretty much where this coming from and doesn't look Constitutional. There have been a lot of abuses of it especially early on.

LOL.

Again, follow the "Blame Bush talking points."

Why won't you even address the fact that Pres. Obama allowed Susan Rice to lie to Americans about who attacked the embassy and why?

Because Pres. Obama thinks like you.

Right, the "misstatements" on Benghazi weren't outright lies, even though they had survivors telling them it was a terroristic attack, yet they make a point to put Rice on every morning show to call it a demonstration that got "out of hand." A demonstration that NEVER HAPPENED. When the CIA had already told the administration that it was a terrorist attack carried out by Al Queda?

And im sure Pres.Obama only found out otherwise when it was reported by the media after the election (because he apparently knows nothing about anything happening inside his administration... Bulsh).

Such hypocrisy.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Some of you have way too much faith in politicians (either side) to actually do what's best for America/Americans.

I have very little faith in politicians. I wish they would all move on, unlike UNT90 I actually look into a problem and educate myself before I post some Talking points. I guess he considers major accepted polls and the RESPECTED media sources as liberal. He and many other conservatives don't believe anything is credible unless Bill O'Riley and the rest of the Rupert Murdoch crew make it up on FOX News.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

.... unlike UNT90 I actually look into a problem and educate myself before I post some Talking points.

It must have infuriated you when you learned how the White House talking points were changed so many times concerning Benghazi,, right?

ABC News---"Benghazi Talking Points Had 12 Versions"

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=19149119&ref=http%3A%2F%2F

..."When it became clear last fall that the CIA's now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack...."

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

---We need to stay out of the Middle East as much as possible... that place is nothing but trouble for us. Absolutely stay off the ground military-wise. Reagan did the right thing when he bombed the "devil" out of Libya and Khadafy caused little trouble after that. ... Another President did the wrong thing by invading with no real intelligence of WMD..... and it cost us billions and 1000's of injured and dead Americans.... are we better off..??.. not really.. Al-Qaeda and Islamic terrorists were not in Iraq before we invaded... Saddam hated and killed them because of what had happened in Iran and was not friend of the Islamics in Iran.. Seems to me the conservative thing to do would be leave them alone when we can. Stay away from Syria as well if possible... All we do is make them more irate when we make a put in. We have enough problems without trying to solve everyone else's. Oddly it is the so-called conservatives that want us to get involved in other countries internal affairs... Desert Storm was entirely different... that involved a country invading another without just reason.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Rick, I rarely read any of your post. Since most come of tea party pages and we all know what upstanding citizens they are.

• Downvote 2

It must have infuriated you when you learned how the White House talking points were changed so many times concerning Benghazi,, right?

ABC News---"Benghazi Talking Points Had 12 Versions"http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=19149119&ref=http%3A%2F%2F

..."When it became clear last fall that the CIA's now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack...."

Rick

The story you've posted here has since been walked back by its author and he's taken a bit of a beating by his colleagues in the press.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/19/jonathan-karl-benghazi-regrets_n_3302891.html

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/19/abcs-jonathan-karl-to-cnn-i-regret-the-email-was-quoted-incorrectly/

Edited by UNTX

The story you've posted here has since been walked back by its author and he's taken a bit of a beating by his colleagues in the press.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/19/jonathan-karl-benghazi-regrets_n_3302891.html

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/19/abcs-jonathan-karl-to-cnn-i-regret-the-email-was-quoted-incorrectly/

Of course he has, he had the fall to question the press's chosen one.

Ignore all the other emails, lets just concentrate on this one that some stupid republican spin machine lied to you about.