...But What Can You Do For the Mean Green

shaft

I promote and make people aware of the real Scrappy. {The feisty one from the fifties and sixties). When he returns, our fortunes will change.

• Upvote 2

I have NT plates on my CTS. I have the athletic poster for whichever sport is playing on my office wall, along with other NT stuff (picture of daughter and I at NO Bowl, cups, piggy bank, paper weight, schedule magnets, etc.). I wear MG gear often, including on college colors day at my workplace. NT desktop background on my work computer. Unt yard art. I know, I'm a little obsessive. Ok, maybe a lot.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2
  • Upvote 2

I have one of only 2 cars I've seen in AZ with UNT stickers on it. Plus I have my license plate holder. Other stuff, since I'm trying but haven't achieved it yet, doesn't count.

Since so many of our threads end with "the apathy is killing us" I thought I'd ask a different question. What are you doing to promote UNT?

Me, I fly the Green Texas flag in front of my house.

i always drink my beer with my north texas koozies...

I display the NT flag on my house during football season (out of self-defense since my neighbors to my left and across the street display their TCU flags)..

I also have a "this property protected by the Mean Green" sign, in my front flower bed.

I have this on my pickup tailgate.....http://www.sears.com/eleltroplate-university-of-north-texas-chrome-shape-of/p-SPM7561499211?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2&PDP_REDIRECT=false&s_tnt=39869:3:0

Every time I run errands or go out to eat I wear a NT hat.

I have UNT stickers on my car. I found an old NTSU bumper sticker that I put on a 2002 car, but no longer own it. I made a suggestion to Rick that we get rid of "donor" seats opposite the scorers table and replace with student seating. We need 200 wild-eyed fanatics 3 feet from the court, not folks in the 50+ age group.(unfortunately that is me.) I would also like to see a tuition give away; a drawing based on attendance at football and basketball games, done at the last basketball game. They know who attends when they swipe the student ID. The apathy is killing the future for UNT. Interest in athletics gets donations in all areas. I give to athletics(MGC season tickets in 3 major sports, suite tickets for football), but I made a promise to myself that I would donate $2 to academics for every $1 I give to athletics. My favorite is the Emerald Scholars program. Take a look at their program, you just might be convinced to give. It is for kids whose parents make under $40,000. That was me. I worked my way through UNT. It was possible back then. Minimum wage summer jobs would get you through. A lot of us went that way in the 60s.

• Upvote 1

Besides wearing the t-shirts and stuff, I invited students and faculty from the UNT Opera Theatre to perform at my opera company's gala last March in New York City at the National Arts Club. The school invited alumni and distinguished guests to join my own guest list to see what a great music program exists at North Texas. There were about 250 NYC "movers and shakers" in attendance. Also, anytime I can hire a UNT alum to sing with my company, I will.

http://www.qonstage.com/QOnStage_articles/2012/ccogala/index.html

• Upvote 1