Indoor track

GrandGreen

NT comes in strong second in both men and women.

Men improves to second from eight last year scoring 126 points to WKU's 139 points. Last year the men only scored 37.

Women second behind ASU 123.5 to NT 109.5

NT with new coaching is finally competing were they should have for years in track. Congrats to coaches and team.

An aside to above: indoor track has been a thing for a long long time, I doubt many who follow collegian sports are unaware of that.

good effort from the team today. But we are disappointed we couldn't come away with some rings! now it is time to get work in so we can take both the outdoor titles as we leave the Sunbelt in style!!!

Hey good job to you and your mates!

I had not seen this post prior to my reading it about 20 seconds ago. I was stopping by because I just now saw the article on meangreensports and was gonna post the link here. Because it took the AD so long to post, I will now refrain from my original intent. I just wanted to say well done to Coach and his crew! with both 2nd place finishes, we can boast the best overall indoor track program! I'm really excited about the outdoor season, which is starting on March 15 at TCU. I think we can most definitely nab some SBC titles on our way out the door. I'm always thankful for track and field and the several meets that are within easy driving distance.

I find it a shame that someone doesn't know about indoor track. Track is one of my favorite sports for so many different reasons. Hopefully you do know that track is the oldest recorded sport, starting with the stade race (modern day 200m) around 1200 BC.

GMG

I wondered about the Sheffield hire especially the timing, but he looks like another winner in the Olympic sports, now if we could do the same in the revenue sports.

He and his assistants particularly Borroughs have already turned the program around. I have posted many times when the Bubbas standings are discussed that the way to win those all sports championships was obviously have a strong track program. The best way to boost track is to concentrate on distance performers and the fastest way to do that is to internationally recruit. Borroughs is building that distance program with some good Texas athletics but has kicked it up a notch with runners from England, New Zealand, and Australia.

This is the most welled balanced track roster I can remember at NT, and they should do very well in the outdoors. Watch out for new throw guys John Garrish and Tom Kalisky to break existing NT records.

Another random thought is that NT winning two seconds in indoors, is more impressive when you consider they don't have a true indoor track.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1