• Create Account

Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com Forum

Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com Forum, home of University of North Texas students, alumni and fans.  Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the GoMeanGreen.com family by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Get access to the chat room, member map, arcade, photo gallery and much, much more!
  • Customize your experience here
  • Access premium content and features only available to registered members
  • Registration is simple and easy as we allow use of valid Google, Facebook and Twitter accounts:  Click here to register
Thanks for visiting and as always -- GO MEAN GREEN!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

LSU fan with a question about Johnny Jones

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#91 Green P1

Green P1

Two Sacks of Kevin Kolb Eagle

• Members
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Alright guys, I'm back and just wanted to say Johnny Jones is terrible. We just lost to the worst team in the SEC, 82-73. You guys can have him back 

Yes plz

(Eagle1855 @ October 3 2012, 5:43 PM) Nothing gets me harder for a football game than music school smack.

a5d06304-bb46-4527-8773-ea04445ccdb9_zps

#92 UNT90

UNT90

Mean Green Icon

• Members
  • 16,517 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Alright guys, I'm back and just wanted to say Johnny Jones is terrible. We just lost to the worst team in the SEC, 82-73. You guys can have him back 

Ease up, JJ's teams will always throw down the frustrating conference loss, but they will also always play their best basketball at conference tournament time.

Don't be surprised to see a mini run in your conference tournament and major runs after year 2.

"We Run.......to set up the Run"  - UNT90

#93 Chase LOLZORZ

Chase LOLZORZ

Fledgling

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Ease up, JJ's teams will always throw down the frustrating conference loss, but they will also always play their best basketball at conference tournament time.

Don't be surprised to see a mini run in your conference tournament and major runs after year 2.

So his teams get hot at the end of the season? I can handle that :skydive:

#94 Green P1

Green P1

Two Sacks of Kevin Kolb Eagle

• Members
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

So his teams get hot at the end of the season? I can handle that :skydive:

Your players are clearly gutless immature jerks with fat heads and no heart. How is a first year coach supposed to handle that?

(Eagle1855 @ October 3 2012, 5:43 PM) Nothing gets me harder for a football game than music school smack.

a5d06304-bb46-4527-8773-ea04445ccdb9_zps

#95 KRAM1

KRAM1

Forum participant

• Members
  • 10,277 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wow! I can't believe a team hires an experienced, 20 win, D1 coach and then struggles a bit in the first year. I have been told that hiring that resume will always create a great winning program instantly. How can it be? The sky muSt be falling. Armageddon is upon us all! Hide the women and children.

Seriously, UNT90 has a point for you to hang your at on. JJ has a knack of seeming to peak at the right time. Hold your horses grasshopper, you guys will be fine. Just remember, you really were not lighting up the SEC before JJ got there. Relax...enjoy the ride, support the Tigers...you will be OK with JJ at the helm.

Edited by KRAM1, 17 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

GO MEAN GREEN!

WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!!!!

#96 UNT90

UNT90

Mean Green Icon

• Members
  • 16,517 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Wow! I can't believe a team hires an experienced, 20 win, D1 coach and then struggles a bit in the first year. I have been told that hiring that resume will always create a great winning program instantly. How can it be? The sky muSt be falling. Armageddon is upon us all! Hide the women and children.

Seriously, UNT90 has a point for you to hang your at on. JJ has a knack of seeming to peak at the right time. Hold your horses grasshopper, you guys will be fine. Just remember, you really were not lightening up the SEC before JJ got there. Relax...enjoy the ride, support the Tigers...you will be OK with JJ at the helm.

Surely you understand that LSU wasn't the HEAVY favorite to win their division in the SEC, compete at a national level for the 1st time in their histoy, and have an Nba lottery pick in theor starting lineup, right?

"We Run.......to set up the Run"  - UNT90

#97 MeanMag

MeanMag

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Lsu Losing to an opponent on their home floor?

Sorry about your winning records gamecocks and tigers. It must suck to be that bad.

South Carolina is a D1 school still right?

Question no info.

Edited by MeanMag, 17 January 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#98 KRAM1

KRAM1

Forum participant

• Members
  • 10,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Surely you understand that LSU wasn't the HEAVY favorite to win their division in the SEC, compete at a national level for the 1st time in their histoy, and have an Nba lottery pick in theor starting lineup, right?

90...surely you read my entire post before making this comment...you will note the quote "just remember, you guys were not lighting up the SEC before JJ got there".

GO MEAN GREEN!

WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!!!!

#99 Chase LOLZORZ

Chase LOLZORZ

Fledgling

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

compete at a national level for the 1st time in their histoy

wat 

We were a powerhouse back in the 80s and early 90s. 

#100 Mean Green 93-98

Mean Green 93-98

Mean Green Icon

• Members
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

wat 

We were a powerhouse back in the 80s and early 90s. 

He was talking about us (UNT).

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports."

George Washington, Farewell address

#101 Chase LOLZORZ

Chase LOLZORZ

Fledgling

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

He was talking about us (UNT).

Well don't I feel stupid.

#102 golfingomez

golfingomez

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think I speak for the majority of mean green fans when I say I am down for a head's up trade of head coaches as soon as you are ready...

North Texas

Curing strokes with Grey Goose since 2012

'Coach Mac, he's a winner... and I'll follow you into battle any day coach... any day I'll follow you' - Sarge McCoy

#103 Green Dozer

Green Dozer

Mean Green Eagle

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

JJ will make close games exciting to the end, especially in the last two minutes. Sometimes it works, and sometimes like last night, it doesn't. You won't be bored.

#104 Aquila_Viridis

Aquila_Viridis

Platinum Eagle

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I was never satisfied with the lack of a coherent approach to offense or that we struggled against the likes of UALR. I was prepared for some disruption in the hope that we might ultimately advance past where Coach Jones had gotten us. However, I am starting to feel really desperate about the basketball situation. I don't want him back though. I want someone better.

#105 mwynn05

mwynn05

Golden Eagle

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I personally have not seen it work, but I do know people who believe it works. I suppose to depends on how you run it. A typical 2-3 zone traps in the corners so no because it allows the ball to be swung around the permitter to the open man for a 3. I suppose if you ran your 2-3 like a 4-1 then it could stop the three? It would depend on your 3 and 4 coming out of the post to trap in the corner so that your opposite side guard can cover the top and your opposite side post can cut off the cross court pass. Down side is this would leave you vulnerable to cutters and and your 5 has no help in the paint. I guess it is all a matter of perspective and what you consider a true 2-3 zone. A true 2-3 zone allows the team to shoot right over it so not sure how it guards the three. If you think it does that is fine. You ma picture it run differently in your mind.

A typical 2-3 traps in the corner? you have no clue lol, maybe at the wing, but not the corner if you are trapping in the corner a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 are much better. Every defense has weaknesses, if you run a 2-3 you are susceptible to an over load, high low or someone screening the back side of your zone driving and forcing the bottom guy to either stop penetration or take away the 3. If you run man people can run ALL kinds of sets against you that force you to decide what you want to take away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users