LSU fan with a question about Johnny Jones

Chase LOLZORZ

I was never satisfied with the lack of a coherent approach to offense or that we struggled against the likes of UALR. I was prepared for some disruption in the hope that we might ultimately advance past where Coach Jones had gotten us. However, I am starting to feel really desperate about the basketball situation. I don't want him back though. I want someone better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I personally have not seen it work, but I do know people who believe it works. I suppose to depends on how you run it. A typical 2-3 zone traps in the corners so no because it allows the ball to be swung around the permitter to the open man for a 3. I suppose if you ran your 2-3 like a 4-1 then it could stop the three? It would depend on your 3 and 4 coming out of the post to trap in the corner so that your opposite side guard can cover the top and your opposite side post can cut off the cross court pass. Down side is this would leave you vulnerable to cutters and and your 5 has no help in the paint. I guess it is all a matter of perspective and what you consider a true 2-3 zone. A true 2-3 zone allows the team to shoot right over it so not sure how it guards the three. If you think it does that is fine. You ma picture it run differently in your mind.

A typical 2-3 traps in the corner? you have no clue lol, maybe at the wing, but not the corner if you are trapping in the corner a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 are much better. Every defense has weaknesses, if you run a 2-3 you are susceptible to an over load, high low or someone screening the back side of your zone driving and forcing the bottom guy to either stop penetration or take away the 3. If you run man people can run ALL kinds of sets against you that force you to decide what you want to take away.

• Upvote 2

A typical 2-3 traps in the corner? you have no clue lol, maybe at the wing, but not the corner if you are trapping in the corner a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 are much better. Every defense has weaknesses, if you run a 2-3 you are susceptible to an over load, high low or someone screening the back side of your zone driving and forcing the bottom guy to either stop penetration or take away the 3. If you run man people can run ALL kinds of sets against you that force you to decide what you want to take away.

Ya, don't pay him any mind. He also thinks you play a 2-3 to stop the outside shot.

Personally, I am beginning to think all of his post are one big bit

Haha I post on a LSU forum and they want me to ask this questions

Very impatient group these Tiger folks. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride..all things JJ will be answered for you in due time.

You guys play today? How'd it go...thought I saw where you guys were at Georgia today.

Very impatient group these Tiger folks. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride..all things JJ will be answered for you in due time.

You guys play today? How'd it go...thought I saw where you guys were at Georgia today.

Georgia is up 33-29 at half.

and yes I know we are impatient group. This is coming from the same group of fans who want our football coach fired because he doesn't win a national title every year.

How is North Texas doing?

Our fans are already calling for him to be fired... god damn I hate our fans

Priceless....We have some fans that would fit right in with your guys. Maybe they can all get on the highway and meet halfway and just have a great time talking about firing everyone other than themselves. It could be billed as the world's largest pity party and we could see tickets and split the proceeds...half for each school. Whatvsay you? LOL. :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Priceless....We have some fans that would fit right in with your guys. Maybe they can all get on the highway and meet halfway and just have a great time talking about firing everyone other than themselves. It could be billed as the world's largest pity party and we could see tickets and split the proceeds...half for each school. Whatvsay you? LOL. :-)

Perhaps all of the lap dogs from each school could have a similar meeting. Call it "serenity for the rest of us".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I wouldn't be calling for the ouster of JJ because LSU wasn't expected to be that good, but I'd definitely be concerned going 0-4 in league play. Anytime you have a new coach there is gonna be a certain amount of skepticicism if things go really south right off the bat, just by virtue of the fact that you've never actually seen the guy win. Some of that is alleviated if you're taking over a bad situation, but LSU wasn't a terrible team last year. And certainly Benford was walking into what appeared to be a great situation for a new coach.

I wouldn't be calling for the ouster of JJ because LSU wasn't expected to be that good, but I'd definitely be concerned going 0-4 in league play. Anytime you have a new coach there is gonna be a certain amount of skepticicism if things go really south right off the bat, just by virtue of the fact that you've never actually seen the guy win. Some of that is alleviated if you're taking over a bad situation, but LSU wasn't a terrible team last year. And certainly Benford was walking into what appeared to be a great situation for a new coach.

I think the players are having a tough time learning his system. Last year we had one of the slowest tempos in the nation and when you switch to an uptempo offense its going to take time to learn.

I watched the LSU game Saturday. Johnny couldn't win in the Sun Belt with that bunch. So many turnovers. Dribbling off your foot is not a coaching problem. Neither is free throw shooting: it's individual. Laura McCoy (Jr. on UNT women's team) would shoot a thousand free throws after parctice in high school. (NT daily article) She shoots 85-90 percent. She missed 3 of 50 last year; 4 of 32 this year. Free throw shooting is work. (Unless you're Shaq - maybe it's an LSU thing)

• Upvote 1