LSU fan with a question about Johnny Jones

Chase LOLZORZ

I am not arguing against facts. I am not sure how anyone could deduce that from my previous posts. My point was that he always comes around to comment about facts (which is fine). My point being just because he can google some facts does not mean that he knows anything about the sport of basketball. I also said previosully that I am by far not a basketball genius, but I have pickedup my fair share about the sport over the years. I am only pointing out that you can know all the facts you want about the sport, but it means very little when you try to talk an actual game (strategy and such).

Like using a 2-3 zone to defend the 3 ?

• Upvote 1

My friends who have played or coached at the college basketball level. I would trust them over emmit, tasty or anyone else. They worked us over when we later played in rec leagues. I trust the people who on any given possession can tell me where the ball is going to and who is going to take the shot before it been happens. I cannot even do that 100% of the time. Not even close to be honest.

nostradamus-occult.jpg

• Upvote 1

Like using a 2-3 zone to defend the 3 ?

I personally have not seen it work, but I do know people who believe it works. I suppose to depends on how you run it. A typical 2-3 zone traps in the corners so no because it allows the ball to be swung around the permitter to the open man for a 3. I suppose if you ran your 2-3 like a 4-1 then it could stop the three? It would depend on your 3 and 4 coming out of the post to trap in the corner so that your opposite side guard can cover the top and your opposite side post can cut off the cross court pass. Down side is this would leave you vulnerable to cutters and and your 5 has no help in the paint. I guess it is all a matter of perspective and what you consider a true 2-3 zone. A true 2-3 zone allows the team to shoot right over it so not sure how it guards the three. If you think it does that is fine. You ma picture it run differently in your mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

[img=http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/images/nostradamus-occult.jpg]

If you cannot tell from the way the players set up on offense what they are running and who is going to get the ball then you have no business being a coach. You at least force them out of option one or two. Every offense has outs. You just want to put them in a bind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I just wish that some of you would check your grammar and punctuation. Reading through some of these threads just reinforces what other schools (i.e. SMU) think about our graduates....and in the case of some who post on this forum they are right. I have made one New Years resolution to not correct, through editing posts, other's belching of English anymore. That is all.

I just wish that some of you would check your grammar and punctuation. Reading through some of these threads just reinforces what other schools (i.e. SMU) think about our graduates....and in the case of some who post on this forum they are right. I have made one New Years resolution to not correct, through editing posts, other's belching of English anymore. That is all.

e.g. not i.e.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Well, aren't we the sanctimonious (just kidding!) one these days. ha! I feel your pain, but do realize some of the errors are due to "fat thumbs" on small keyboards, spell check...which seems to think it knows better, some I-pads without spelling and grammar and punctuation correction and some folks just typing too fast and not proofing.

AND, to your SMU point...WHO THE HECK CARES WHAT SMU PEOLPLE THINK???? Good God, get over it folks. SMU people, are not sitting around bad mouthing UNT and a few posters here on GMG.Com all day every day due to spelling and punctuation errors. If they are, it means they are reading this board, and that places them right in the same category of those you seem to think they criticize all the time. And, if they think a few should generalize to the many then they have much bigger problems they need to deal with rather than UNT's "reputation".

While I share your pain with some of this (their/there, etc.), it is, as folks seem to want to remind me all the time, a message board. And, why didn't you correct some of my more glaring errors if you have the time to correct others??? Ha!

But, I agree that a few might need to do a bit more proofing before hitting the "post button". I am often guilty myself...especially when I am using my I-Pad to post.

Should I send a written apology to SMU and ask that they not generalize so much or spend so much time worrying about UNT?

• Upvote 1

This is the reason why we are consistently loosers. SMU kept us out of CUSA because of GRAMMER problems!

If you can't see what I'm getting at then disregard my post and go on with what you are doing. I am referring to some who type as if they have a 5th grade education and can't spell the simplest of words correctly. All I am saying is please don't disregard the squiggly red line at the bottom of your suspected misspelling. If you think it doesn't reflect on your degree then go on living in denial.