LSU fan with a question about Johnny Jones

Chase LOLZORZ

Actually - our FT shooting usually ranked in the top 3rd or so of the country. You'd be stunned how poor the national average is Kram.

Oh, but I don't care about national averages...I care about how UNT does when the game is on the line....poor national averages mean nothing to me when I am pulling for the Mean Green. Seems I am not the only one with the view I have...but, thanks for the plug. Being in the top 3rd of something bad is not what I would be aiming to achieve, and the...everybody is doing it so why can't I angle just doesn't cut it.

I do understand what you are getting at, however. What is the national average and what is the reason it is so poor? Coaches can't coach across the nation?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Oh, but I don't care about national averages...I care about how UNT does when the game is on the line....poor national averages mean nothing to me when I am pulling for the Mean Green. Seems I am not the only one with the view I have...but, thanks for the plug. Being in the top 3rd of something bad is not what I would be aiming to achieve, and the...everybody is doing it so why can't I angle just doesn't cut it.

I do understand what you are getting at, however. What is the national average and what is the reason it is so poor? Coaches can't coach across the nation?

I think the national average is usually around 69%. Free throw shooting is just one of those things that has never changed much, despite people always saying guys used to hit them better. I remember Buford Julep (is he okay...I haven't seen him in a long time) did some research where he found FT percentages from about 40 years ago were largely unchanged from today.

Johnny can recruit extremely well! He runs a well mannered team. He makes players take out earrings at public events. Tie and suit (the whole nine yards).

He is not an x's and o's coach. He can you close to the end goal but not quite over the hump. Now that he is in the SEC he can really recruit and the players ability alone can carry him further.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

He only coached the best free throw shooting team in school history, 2 of the top 5, and I can't remember how many out of the top 10.

Fire his ass.

Enters Tasty.... assumes he knows everything because he has a computer with spell check and google so he can research facts. Make sure you always agree with him. He has google! ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 20

Enters Tasty.... assumes he knows everything because he has a computer with spell check and google so he can research facts. Make sure you always agree with him. He has google! ;)

Google and a record book are only amazing to people too lazy or ignorant to actually look up quantifiable facts before spouting off their dumbass opinions.

Seem to remember one of the guys he got in here (Tristan Thompson) that set some record (Was it SunBelt or National?) for consecutive free throws made. Also he was very good at getting to the line. Ability to draw and make free throws kept us in a lot of conference games the past few years.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

Yes, never trust a man who can "research facts". Trust a guy who has two message board handles.

Oh and there was that. It makes me doubt UNT's educational system back in the day... It must have been the days of conspiracy theories. But I am sorry... I should trust your knowledge of basketball because you know "facts" about UNT basketball. No offense but I will trust someone who has actually been in the trenches and operated at point someone who sits behind their computer and their facts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Oh and there was that. It makes me doubt UNT's educational system back in the day... It must have been the days of conspiracy theories. But I am sorry... I should trust your knowledge of basketball because you know "facts" about UNT basketball. No offense but I will trust someone who has actually been in the trenches and operated at point someone who sits behind their computer and their facts.

Are you saying you've been in the trenches? Or you know someone who has and that's where you get your information?

Can you use your connections to get us an update on Jacob Holmen's head?

K thanx.

So who is it that has been in the trenches that you are trusting?

• Upvote 1

Is this guy seriously arguing against facts? That's the thing about facts. They can't be argued. That's why they call them facts. And that's a fact.

I am not arguing against facts. I am not sure how anyone could deduce that from my previous posts. My point was that he always comes around to comment about facts (which is fine). My point being just because he can google some facts does not mean that he knows anything about the sport of basketball. I also said previosully that I am by far not a basketball genius, but I have pickedup my fair share about the sport over the years. I am only pointing out that you can know all the facts you want about the sport, but it means very little when you try to talk an actual game (strategy and such).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I am not arguing against facts. I am not sure how anyone could deduce that from my previous posts. My point was that he always comes around to comment about facts (which is fine). My point being just because he can google some facts does not mean that he knows anything about the sport of basketball. I also said previosully that I am by far not a basketball genius, but I have pickedup my fair share about the sport over the years. I am only pointing out that you can know all the facts you want about the sport, but it means very little when you try to talk an actual game (strategy and such).

The fact you were arguing was free throw shooting. Not too much strategy involved there.

• Upvote 2

So who is it that has been in the trenches that you are trusting?

My friends who have played or coached at the college basketball level. I would trust them over emmit, tasty or anyone else. They worked us over when we later played in rec leagues. I trust the people who on any given possession can tell me where the ball is going to and who is going to take the shot before it been happens. I cannot even do that 100% of the time. Not even close to be honest.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3