Defensive end picks UNT over Hawaii

Harry

Quenton Brown believed he would receive a second chance to play at the Football Bowl Subdivision level after leaving Central Florida.

A solid season at Eastern Arizona College and an old relationship with John Skladany helped ensure Brown would get that chance at North Texas.

Brown said he committed to play for the Mean Green on Monday and signed his national letter of intent early Wednesday, the first day of the mid-term signing period. The 6-foot-4-inch, 225-pound Georgia native will enroll at UNT for the spring semester and have two years of eligibility remaining.

Skladany was the defensive coordinator at UCF when Brown was there, before taking over in the same capacity at UNT.

The environment, the conference and the coaching staff were all part of my decision, Brown said of his reasons for picking UNT, which will play its first season in Conference USA in 2013. I know coach Skladany, and [uNT offensive coordinator Mike] Canales recruited me.

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20121219-football-defensive-end-picks-unt-over-hawaii.ece

Seriously, the uptick in recruiting has been stunning.

Really?

By uptick, do you mean actually getting a commit and a couple of signings by JUCOs at positions of need?

Look, I'm happy with the signings, but its not like we are beating out Texas or OU for these guys. We are basically doing what we should be doing, and maybe even a little less.

A far cry from "stunning."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

Really?

By uptick, do you mean actually getting a commit and a couple of signings by JUCOs at positions of need?

Look, I'm happy with the signings, but its not like we are beating out Texas or OU for these guys. We are basically doing what we should be doing, and maybe even a little less.

A far cry from "stunning."

Stunning...maybe not...fill a need for UNT...perhaps so. Good get.

Dang, y'all are really parsing words for a thread titled "Defensive end picks UNT over Hawaii". Maybe "UNT coaches sell ice cream cones in Siberian winter" would impress. Ah, maybe I wasn't really that impressed that time (insert sarcastic thingie here) I was in Hawaii, but damn, to go there with it paid for?