Dunk contest

Bald_Eagle

I expect this to be a 2 horse race. Jordan & Tony. Everyone else... participation trophies. That is, unless Patton can throw down? I dunno, I've never seen him.

Coleman may be able to throw down hard, but it's difficult for a dude his size to win a dunk competition because it doesn't look like he's getting as much air.

Personally, I'd love to see coach Benford lace up and throw some down too. Does he still have it?

I am actually not in favor of a Dunk Contest. Well i guess it just depends on how seriously the players take it. I just know last thing we need is someone getting injured trying to do a double windmill or whatever.

Uh . . . what exactly do you do at an event intended to get the crowd excited about basketball if you don't allow the players to dunk?

• Upvote 2

hahahahaha.... Im just sayin!!!!

is this suppose to be our version of Midnight Madness?

What all happens at those events?

Just bustin your chops. Although, if there's an injury during the dunk contest, we're blaming you for the jinx. :P

I don't know if there's gonna be a midnight madness. If so, I haven't heard anything about it.

NT03, have you heard anything?

Midnight madness is something that was done on the 80s and 90s. It was basically an idea to get the fans involved and celebrate the coming season. It occurred at midnight of the 1st day basketball practice was allowed in the Fall.

It usually consisted of a scrimmage game, a slam dunk contest, and later a 3 point shooting contest.

Normally, only the Men's program was involved, although I seem to remember some of the more prominent women's programs doing this.

The 7pm event IS the midnight madness nowadays. Get more students involved, plus the older alums who are usually in bed by 10pm can now attend (see:ME!!!)

Makes much more sense.

I am actually not in favor of a Dunk Contest. Well i guess it just depends on how seriously the players take it. I just know last thing we need is someone getting injured trying to do a double windmill or whatever.

I'd bet they go 100% in gym pickup games throughout the summer. These guys play basketball and dunk on the regular. It's what they do. Just let them do what they do with what they were given for our enjoyment and theirs. It'd be nothing more than bad luck if one got hurt. They could just as easily get hurt in practice. In fact, at least in a dunk contest, you don't have to worry about landing on another persons foot and rolling an ankle under the basket.

• Upvote 1

I'd bet they go 100% in gym pickup games throughout the summer. These guys play basketball and dunk on the regular. It's what they do. Just let them do what they do with what they were given for our enjoyment and theirs. It'd be nothing more than bad luck if one got hurt. They could just as easily get hurt in practice. In fact, at least in a dunk contest, you don't have to worry about landing on another persons foot and rolling an ankle under the basket.

Also, and just as importantly dunk contests are fun! They get fans excited, at free events like this one that make people (especially kids) want to come back and watch games this season

Just bustin your chops. Although, if there's an injury during the dunk contest, we're blaming you for the jinx. :P

I don't know if there's gonna be a midnight madness. If so, I haven't heard anything about it.

This is our midnight madness, in a matter of words. The festivities will start at 6-8PMish and go on through midnight.

The team started practice last night @ midnight. From what I know , it wasn't open

• Upvote 1