DT vs. Berglund

H-towngreen

The dual threat QB is the bread and butter of the middle echelon of football. Good to great athletes that don't have the right measurements to fit the ideal profile. Just like the 6'8" mid major BB center or the 6'5" power forward. Guys who have been getting it done all their life in their chosen sport even though they don't fit the ideal profile.

Unless DT goes on a season-long hotstreak, I think that Berglund or McNulty will start next season. This season though, I want to see Osborne more. At least a drive so he has a chance to succeed on the field, or get drilled for 6 plays so we know the coaches at least tried him again.

If McNulty turns out to be the starter it is pure nepotism and the season is lost before it begins. Go look at the 2011 Tulsa film and tell me that McNulty will ever earn a starting position.

• Upvote 2

If McNulty turns out to be the starter it is pure nepotism and the season is lost before it begins. Go look at the 2011 Tulsa film and tell me that McNulty will ever earn a starting position.

Not that I would ever call for McNulty to be the QB (unless he is the best option), but 2011 is a long time ago. I would hope he and others have made progress since then.

• Upvote 2

Not that I would ever call for McNulty to be the QB (unless he is the best option), but 2011 is a long time ago. I would hope he and others have made progress since then.

Unless his arm strength has doubled and he has grown 5 inches, he hasn't made the progress needed.

The quicker he is moved to another position, the better it is for UNT and McNulty's collegiate career.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unless his arm strength has doubled and he has grown 5 inches, he hasn't made the progress needed.

The quicker he is moved to another position, the better it is for UNT and McNulty's collegiate career.

Let's see,

Is he shorter than that young man who just won the Heisman? Is he slower? I don't know how strong his arm needs to be, but "Johnny Football" (when he wasn't running) made his living throwing short-to-medium passes this last year. Now if all physical things are pretty equal, all McNulty needs to do is gain more confidence and be able to make better decisions when he passes the ball. And then he will be a viable option in the QB competition.

• Upvote 1

Let's see,

Is he shorter than that young man who just won the Heisman? Is he slower? I don't know how strong his arm needs to be, but "Johnny Football" (when he wasn't running) made his living throwing short-to-medium passes this last year. Now if all physical things are pretty equal, all McNulty needs to do is gain more confidence and be able to make better decisions when he passes the ball. And then he will be a viable option in the QB competition.

No. He cannot make throws on the collegiate level. He has less of an arm than Riley Dodge, and Dodge had a popgun.

Comparing McNulty to Johnny Football is pure insanity. But, then again, so is being a fan of UNT athletics, so I kinda get it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funny guy. All I'm saying is with what we have left on our schedule, it won't be easy to get to 6-6 with the way things are going, especially if our defense is having trouble, because the other schools we have left to play can put up numbers on O just like Houston. Putting in the back-up qb has been known to work at times in football, and it has failed.

If you saw the Tulsa game you also know that if McNulty is EVER the starter we have hit rock bottom.

I thought after Osborn went six for seven with two tds and no picks at Tulsa last year that he might get a chance as bad as DT had been up to that point but he wasn't, although DT did play well later in the year. That performance showed me that he has a chance to be a gamer, but I don't know if we'll see it anytime soon or after it's too late. Hope they can pull something together this year. Or we sit in a cocoon until basketball season starts.

Right here, brocephus, is not a quitter. Pencil me in on the Derek side of the ledger.

x350.jpg

non-quitt-itude = winner huh? not exactly. wish it were that easy. no amount of non-quitterness will make me or Mr. Thompson a BCS level QB.

still luv ya tho' bro. stay real. By BCS level I really mean BCS, not...well... I won't go there but you ya feelin' me right?

• Downvote 1