The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

Where have you been the last 5 years? Unlike UNT, we have sold out our stadium almost every game including TxST and La Tech. We brought 30k to Reliant this past weekend even though we were 0-3. College Gameday came to our campus last season while they still call you North Texas State. We get 4 and 5 star recruits which of course is a foreign concept to you guys. Tickets for our games went up to $200 a pop at the peak of last year and even $40 tickets are happily bought by the cougar fateful. UNT tickets are pretty much free and people STILL don't want them. The news had a contest giving away 4 tickets because the game sold out in less than a day. Our students ARE NOT apathetic, they stay until the end of the game. Unlike UNT, we don't crucify our Fraternities for setting up their letters and tailgating outside the stadium espicially when they voluntarily clean up before kickoff and come inside. You obviously did not watch the La Tech game since we lost 56-49 and took them down the last second. We are heading to an AQ conference, you guys are just another directional school. We ARE NOT brothers in arms, you ARE NOT our equals. You guys couldn't get into the SWC back in the day. You guys are overshadowed and outrecruited by SMU of all schools.

WE put players in the NFL, you guys generally don't. We have produced Heisman candidates. You're lucky to have one of your players on the All-SunBelt team. We have T-Shirt fans in our city, our city hall was decorated in Cougar Red. Denton supports a women's college more than UNT. You don't want to play this game with me.

THIS is what our stadium typically looks like on a Saturday night. (Even though this was a day game lol)

--

Cool story bro.

Have fun in the worst part of Houston. Hopefully we don't get mugged. It has happened three times in broad daylight on campus since I have been a student at UH.

I have been a student at UH for four weeks.

Priorities at Cougar High in order?

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 3

Cool story bro.

Have fun in the worst part of Houston. Hopefully we don't get mugged. It has happened three times in broad daylight on campus since I have been a student at UH.

I have been a student at UH for four weeks.

Priorities at Cougar High in order?

If you were a student here, you wouldn't have that username and you wouldn't call it Cougar High. NTSU is going to get their teeth kicked in come Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

To quote my favorite Cougar High future fourth-string long snapper:

We talk a lot of smack. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Is the kitchen getting too hot?

If not, please address how a Levine coached team w/ David Piland will beat UNT and our stout defense.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1

To quote a proud Cougar High alum:

Is the kitchen getting too hot?

If not, please address how a Levine coached team w/ David Piland will beat UNT and our stout defense.

Not at all. Things are just getting started if anything.

I'm still an undergrad and possibly a future walk-on first off. Second, as long as we simply run our offense, which tired out UNT in the 2nd half last year, we will win. 3rd, if we hit Thompson early and often, he will fold. As long as we execute, we win this game handily.

Do no compare anything to last year.

Last year UH had Case Keenum. Enough said.

The problem is when has UH executed this year? Yeah, UH looked good against Rice but my middle school's B team would have beat Rice.

Sorry to infer you were an alumni. I edited my post.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 3

Lastly, again, I really hate to remind you of how this works (and just so you know I am typing real slow so you can keep up), but first you typically start with schools that are named after a state, then you have teams such as North Texas and others that are named after geographical regions (i.e. North Texas, Southern Cal, etc...), and then you have schools named after a city (can't get much more directional that that can you?) that frequently started off as junior colleges (i.e. Houston Junior College).

Tell that to Auburn, Boston College, Boise, Louisville, Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, etc.

Nice crowd you showed when your team was undefeated. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Pretty much sold out the season in 2010 when we were 5-7. There's a good chance UNT goes at least 5-7. Odds on UNT getting 1 sellout?

Not at all. Things are just getting started if anything.

I'm still an undergrad and possibly a future walk-on first off. Second, as long as we simply run our offense, which tired out UNT in the 2nd half last year, we will win. 3rd, if we hit Thompson early and often, he will fold. As long as we execute, we win this game handily.

HA. Shows what you know.

Comparing last year... when you guys had a future NFL QB and SEC HC... to this year, when SWTSU is running you up to The Woodlands prison-style in your own stadium... makes no sense. None.

Secondly, making Thompson fold?? If that's your "key to the game", you clearly haven't watched us play. I don't know that anyone would notice if Thompson "folded". Good luck with all that!

• Upvote 4

Pretty much sold out the season in 2010 when we were 5-7. There's a good chance UNT goes at least 5-7. Odds on UNT getting 1 sellout?

Admittedly, not good.

And I have to admit. you guys are really taking it to us in multiple ways right now... I mean, you've already beaten us in the race of ever having "fatal shooting of a homeless man on campus" appear on a Google search about our school. Denton better step up its game.. we're literally 50+ murders behind!

Although, if someone was gonna shoot a homeless man on campus, my money's on McCarney. That, or drunk Dickey coming back for homecoming and doing it for sport.

http://www.chron.com...-on-1737905.php

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

Admittedly, not good.

And I have to admit. you guys are really taking it to us in multiple ways right now... I mean, you've already beaten us in the race of ever having "fatal shooting of a homeless man on campus" appear on a Google search about our school. Denton better step up its game.. we're literally 50+ murders behind!

Although, if someone was gonna shoot a homeless man on campus, my money's on McCarney. That, or drunk Dickey coming back for homecoming and doing it for sport.

http://www.chron.com...-on-1737905.php

So to try to change the subject of football attendance, you find an article from 3 years ago with questionable info. According to the UH crime report, that happened on public property defined as "Non-private property adjacent to the University of Houston central campus that is not under the control or authority of the University of Houston." Not on campus.

If someone was killed on Fry Street adjacent to the UNT campus, would that be a murder on your campus?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ease up NTXCoog. This douchebag, Cougar King, rolls onto our site spouting everything but facts. He thinka they will pressure DT when LSU and K State didn't, for one. UH is located in one of the worst parts of Houston, lost all of their talent outside of Sims with Keenan graduating after a fabulous 8 year career and lost Sumlin to A&M. UH got their ass handed to them at the vaunted "Rob," which is appropriately named considering its location, by TSU-SM and their defense hasn't stopped anyone. And, as noted, The Big East is now a joke. Have fun in your new conference with your only regional partner in SMU.

I will say, most UH fans that I know aren't near the a-holes that Cougar King is, and your home field is never mentioned as being a tough place to play. Good luck, but you lose this weekend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I honestly don't know if we'll win the game. We HAVE to play better offensively if we are. However, by judging how this team has played against better competition (not saying UH is) on the road, I have a good feeling about the game. I feel DT and company will step it up and I will be able to LAUGH at all of the cocky (stupidly so) UH fans this season. I just find it hilarious how many UH fans are so over-confident with their crappy team this season. I guess they feel their 40yr-old former QB is still playing for them...

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

Ease up NTXCoog. This douchebag, Cougar King, rolls onto our site spouting everything but facts. He thinka they will pressure DT when LSU and K State didn't, for one. UH is located in one of the worst parts of Houston, lost all of their talent outside of Sims with Keenan graduating after a fabulous 8 year career and lost Sumlin to A&M. UH got their ass handed to them at the vaunted "Rob," which is appropriately named considering its location, by TSU-SM and their defense hasn't stopped anyone. And, as noted, The Big East is now a joke. Have fun in your new conference with your only regional partner in SMU.

I will say, most UH fans that I know aren't near the a-holes that Cougar King is, and your home field is never mentioned as being a tough place to play. Good luck, but you lose this weekend.

King may be everything you say, but the insults have been about UH not King. And it's not like UNT fans have been guiltless on this thread. King makes a prediction about the game that obviously UNT fans won't like because it doesn't have UNT winning. He says nothing negative about UNT other than predicting a 45-17 victory.

2nd post we get "Cougar High."

4th post "Cougar High."

There were posts back in forth. Some good. Some bad.

Then the real insults started with Carribean calling Robertson a hole worth about as much money as Apogee's bathrooms with sub 30k crowds, something that has happened once since 2010.

King did respond pretty negatively to that with some UNT insults.

Then CurveIT escalates with insults that teams with directions are better than teams with cities. Silly but go for it. And says that UH can't draw when we're not undefeated (despite UH selling out 2010 in a losing season).

Then it really goes down hill. Eastwood (UNT alum who attends UH) hopes no one gets mugged because he said it has happened 3 times on campus in the 4 weeks he's been there. Would like some proof. Looking at UH's crime log for all of 2012 and UNT's crime log for the last 60 days, and they look real similar to me. I see an aggravated assaut on UNT's campus 8/31 with a warning on UNT's website. UH had an agg assault in February. A mugging would probably be listed as an agg assault. Other assaults, UH has 3 in the last 60 days. UNT has 7. Don't see a lot of facts here saying how dangerous UH is. And of course he uses Cougar High. Personally, if I was getting a graduate degree from UH, I wouldn't call it Cougar High. Just like if I was a UNT student, I would denigrate that school.

Then King pulls out the dreaded NTSU insult in response to Cougar High comments. I know to UNT fans that's a bigger insult than Cougar High for some reason. NTSU is such a horrible insult that Caribbean pulls out SWTSU for TX ST. Wow! Really put them in their place. If I didn't want my school to be called by it's old name, I wouldn't call other schools by their old name.

Eastwood pulls out Cougar High and says his middle school would beat UH (I guess Kansas would lose to his elementary school).

Then Caribbean pulls out an incorrect murder story from 3 years ago and talks about how Denton has less murders than Houston. Always love pissing matches about towns and cities. Weakest message board smack category of all.

And Eastwood again says 3 mugging on campus.

Then you say I need to ease up because of King not using facts, meanwhile you said Keenan (sic) played 8 years (wrong) and that our stadium name is appropriate because of the crime. You call the nBE a joke even though there are 2 current top 25 teams. If the nBE is a joke, what is the new CUSA? No ranked teams (although I think La Tech should be there) with schools that are currently FCS and schools that don't even field a team joining.

King may be every name that you call him, but I think Caribbean started this, Eastwood escalated, and you piled on. Add in a ton of Cougar Highs all over the place even before insults about UNT started coming.

I'm just glad I'm on this board all year so I know 99% of UNT fans aren't like some of the posters on this thread with the insults. I'm also glad that there are a ton of good UNT fan posts on this thread. Kind of like diamonds in poo poo.

• Upvote 2

If you were a student here, you wouldn't have that username and you wouldn't call it Cougar High. NTSU is going to get their teeth kicked in come Saturday.

I *was* a student at UH. My username is what it is because (a) it's what I majored in at UH and (b )it's a play on words with a football term. I wear my college ring that I earned before I graduated from UH every day when I'm attending graduate school at UNT. I am proud to be affiliated with both schools. I don't call one "Cougar High" and the other "NTSU."

You're right about Cougar fans talking a lot of smack. I've done it, largely in defense to UT, A&M, and SMU fans who looked down on me once they learned where I was going to school. But don't talk to these folks about how much deeper Houston's school spirit runs. The current spirited culture at UH is as strong as it is now because it went through a lot of apathetic, don't-care days. I know, because I was there.

If you're currently a freshman there, I've been a Coog longer than you've been alive. I admire your spirit and am glad there are fired-up students like you attending my undergrad alma mater. But it chaps my hide when people like you denigrate other schools in the name of "talking smack." It makes you sound like a snob.

I wish you luck in your school career and your possible football career.

Edited by RushnStudies
  • Upvote 2

My first college team to support as a youth was Bill Yeoman's veer offense running Houston Coog's. I met your "H Association" executive director at Apogee and at our stadium's debut game. He couldn't believe how much I knew about UH athletics and names from the past. He was a very nice person and most complimentary of our Mean Green Village, especially Apogee Stadium.

I attended many UH games in the Astrodome in the 60's as a youth. I remember all those UH Band Days which would have upwards to 14,000 bandsmen in the stadium with a great half time extravaganza, too. We could never talk "The College of Music" of the Southwest to ever do anything close to your Band Days. It was just not in our culture to think that big, but....oh well.

YET......... to the UH poster who talks about all those sellouts at "the Rob"; anyhow, you know and I know..............just how small your crowds were at "the Rob" when yall were in your own multi games or multi-year losing streaks. Lucky for UH that yall never topped our present 8 year losing streak but we will soon come out of that.

We probably have about 10,000 borderline fans waiting to come back to Denton when we start winning again. Our new Pedestrian Bridge will do more for our attendance than I think most could ever dream. It would have made a difference in the UH/UNT Apogee Stadium crowd if it had been in place at our stadium debut game last Fall, IMO.

DFW is a winners town (or region) and that's about the best way to describe our local cuture whether we like it or not. I hope UNT will change its culture whereas our students and fans want to fill Apogee just like UT does DKR Memorlal when they are playing any school at any level. I don't think that happens in my lifetime but I still hope it will happen eventually because it really has a chance to happen IMHO. Good luck, Coogs, except for this Saturday!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

2nd post we get "Cougar High."

4th post "Cougar High."

Then it really goes down hill. Eastwood (UNT alum who attends UH) hopes no one gets mugged because he said it has happened 3 times on campus in the 4 weeks he's been there. Would like some proof. Looking at UH's crime log for all of 2012 and UNT's crime log for the last 60 days, and they look real similar to me. I see an aggravated assaut on UNT's campus 8/31 with a warning on UNT's website. UH had an agg assault in February. A mugging would probably be listed as an agg assault. Other assaults, UH has 3 in the last 60 days. UNT has 7. Don't see a lot of facts here saying how dangerous UH is. And of course he uses Cougar High. Personally, if I was getting a graduate degree from UH, I wouldn't call it Cougar High. Just like if I was a UNT student, I would denigrate that school.

Eastwood pulls out Cougar High and says his middle school would beat UH (I guess Kansas would lose to his elementary school).

And Eastwood again says 3 mugging on campus.

King may be every name that you call him, but I think Caribbean started this, Eastwood escalated, and you piled on. Add in a ton of Cougar Highs all over the place even before insults about UNT started coming.

Lighten up dude.

I was calling Cougar High as a joke to mess with Cougar King.

I think most of us here have respect of UH. I certainty do. I go here and my avatar reflects that. We (I was at least) were taking friendly jabs just like some of the UH posters here are doing.

However, this week UH is playing my beloved UNT. So I will show no love to UH because I want UNT to destroy the Coogs.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 2

This guy started with a weak post packed full of thinly veiled arrogance, and then went predictably down hill into full on douchebag status. Congrats. Little man syndrome in full effect here. My team plays better football, so I'm better than you. My stadium sucks, but our fans are so rowdy we'll get arrested if you talk smack. GTFO of here with that trash.

Edited by PerryG2480
  • Upvote 3