How To Stop A Massacre

Officials: Customer at Internet cafe shoots 2 robbers

http://www.ocala.com...ICLES/120719846

From one of the thieves:

Though Henderson said he doesn't blame Williams for shooting, he takes exception with Williams shooting at him while he was down.

Tough $heeeet dude!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 7

+1 from me. Why in the hell would anyone -1 this. If you were somewhere that robbers broke in then you are gonna wish that I'm there or someone else with a CHL.

If something like this happens and I'm present, just remind me who you are, that doesn't like this, and i'll let them take your wallet.

go grandpa!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

+1 from me. Why in the hell would anyone -1 this. If you were somewhere that robbers broke in then you are gonna wish that I'm there or someone else with a CHL.

If something like this happens and I'm present, just remind me who you are, that doesn't like this, and i'll let them take your wallet.

go grandpa!

Grant...can you just follow me around and be my bodygaurd? I like the way you think here. So, just for the record, I like this...don't let them take my wallet. Way to go!

• Upvote 3

Grant...can you just follow me around and be my bodygaurd? I like the way you think here. So, just for the record, I like this...don't let them take my wallet. Way to go!

I got ya covered unless we are on a college campus, in a federal builiding, a city municipal building, or a place with a sign that adheres to all of the wording below:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun;" or

(2) A sign posted on the property that:

(a) "includes" the above language in both English and Spanish;

( B) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and

© is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too bad he's a crappy shot. And he didn't stop a massacre. If those guys' intent was to massacre, they wouldn't have come in with a baseball bat and a handgun, and those people would all be dead, starting with the old guy who drew a gun from a few feet away and missed the target repeatedly. If your plan is to stop massacres, you'd have to do more than superficially wound people, because those crazy birds aren't gonna go running for their lives. That's why silhouette targets don't have arms and legs and thighs and buttocks.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

You say "tough sh!t", Rick, but what would our justice system say/do if the guy could actually aim and nailed the kid while he was face down on the ground, trying to run away?

Depending on the city, not a damn thing. You can tun over and fire in the blink of an eye and return fire. He could still claim that he, and everyone else are in danger.

• Upvote 3

Depending on the city, not a damn thing. You can tun over and fire in the blink of an eye and return fire. He could still claim that he, and everyone else are in danger.

Yep, once a guy runs in with a gun and threatens me with it, I have the belief that he intends to use it on me. I continue to have that belief until he's 6 ft under.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

"12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion In Bryan County Oklahoma"

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=19858704&catId=112032

..."Then during that time, the intruder made his way through the house. St. Clair's daughter told deputies the man came into the room where she was hiding and began to open up the closet door. That was when the 12-year-old had to make a life-saving decision.

"And what we understand right now, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door," said the Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden.

The bullet hit the intruder, who deputies identified as 32-year-old Stacey Jones. He took off but did not get far before officers took him down..."

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 6 months later...

"

Apr 29, 6:06 AM EDT

MAN STABS NM CHURCHGOERS, SENDS 4 TO HOSPITAL

BY RUSSELL CONTRERAS

ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHURCH_STABBING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-29-06-06-44

If the government would only enact stricter control of knives then this wouldn't happen.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

"

Apr 29, 6:06 AM EDT

MAN STABS NM CHURCHGOERS, SENDS 4 TO HOSPITAL

BY RUSSELL CONTRERAS

ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHURCH_STABBING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-29-06-06-44

If the government would only enact stricter control of knives then this wouldn't happen.

Rick

How many people did this mass stabber kill?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So a gun and a knife are the same thing? Since both can be used as a weapon and inflict mortal harm, right?

And knives are cheaper than guns, too...like a really good knife might run you $100...where as a really good, let's say military-quality firearm might run one what, nearly $1000?

Ok...this gives me a great idea on how we should be able to cut a large amount of expense from the government budget. You have to already like the sound of that too, right? You're all about smaller government...so this will clearly be something we'll actually agree on...

Let's stop buying guns for our military service men and women. We'll replace all new gun purchases with knives...I mean, really good knives mind you, nothing but the best for the strongest military in the world...but that should shave a sizable chunk out of our military budget without, based on your logic that knives=guns, taking away any one bit of their ability to defend this great nation of ours.

Should probably extend this to our police forces as well...hey, Emmitt...how great would it be for you to no longer have to carry some clunky and heavy gun on your hip? that knife is going to be so much lighter...don't even have to ever be concerned with re-loading, either...just keep that blade sharp.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

We'll replace all new gun purchases with knives...I mean, really good knives mind you, nothing but the best for the strongest military in the world...

Now, you do know Obama already established that our military doesn't use bayonets anymore so what's your next idea?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/bayonets-still-standard-issue-despite-obama-debate-jab/

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That doesn't seem like a very good idea. Why would you suggest that?

What...do you think that hammers, also a potentially deadly weapon, would be smarter since they're even cheaper than knives?

Now, you do know Obama already established that our military doesn't use bayonets anymore so what's your next idea?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/bayonets-still-standard-issue-despite-obama-debate-jab/

Rick

That's just practical, fiscal conservatism. There's no need to buy a knife AND a gun, Rick. Sheesh...use your head for once.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What...do you think that hammers, also a potentially deadly weapon, would be smarter since they're even cheaper than knives?

That's just practical, fiscal conservatism. There's no need to buy a knife AND a gun, Rick. Sheesh...use your head for once.

Actually, there is.

A gun for threats outside of about 20 ft. A knife for threats inside that range.

To the thread's subject: How to stop a massacre? Try to build a society where the incentive to do so is a lot smaller than the incentive to not do so. Until then, a knife for threats inside 20ft, and a gun for threats outside of that.

• Upvote 2

It's good to see that you are finally coming around. And I thought it wouldn't be until you had children.

I guess the big 3 0 did the trick.

So you're on record...our military and police officers would be just as effective using hammers rather than guns.

And you're on record that citizens need guns to defend themselves.

Welcome aboard, you right-wing conservative nut case.

• Upvote 1