Derrick Gordon leaving WKU

"Freshman guard Derrick Gordon, WKU's leading scorer and rebounder, will transfer from the program, a source confirmed to the Herald on Thursday.

Gordon wants to play closer to his home in Plainfield, N.J., the source said.

He averaged 11.8 points and 6.7 rebounds per game on his way to earning Third Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors.

Gordon, who started all 35 games for WKU this season, helped lead WKU to a Sun Belt Tournament title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where the Toppers fell in the Second Round to eventual champion Kentucky."

Story

Huge loss for WKU!!!

• Upvote 3

derrick's been a 'one off' type since he got here.

very moody.

most of it has to do with his twin brother who is in prison for attempted murder. my son was friends on facebook and was always telling how derrick talked about missing him.

i imagine he'll end up somewhere closer to home. supposedly he told ray he needed more minutes and more shots so he could get to the nba asap and ray told him to get in the gym and work on his shot.

i loved his fire on dee and going to the boards but he was a 35% shooter and a 26% 3 point shooter. a little better version of trey finn in my book. he turned the ball over like he was shaving points.

i would have been infinitely more upset if it had been tj price or george fant.

i didn't want him to leave and wish him well. i have full faith that ray can replace everything he brought to the table. only not the 91 turnovers in a non primary ball handler role.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...