And this is not racist?

Gas cost about $1.60 a gallon when Bush left office, and my 7Ups were $2.50 a 12 pack.

Yesterday, I paid $3.59 a gallon for gas, and last weekend my 12 pack of 7Up cost me $4.98. The price of everything (except my home value) is skyrocketing.

My salery hasn't increased, but my Health Premiums have, thanks to Obamacare. It is my opinion that Americans have taken a pay cut, without having their saleries cut. I know he didn't create the mess, but at best his attempt to fix the economy has only made it worse.

My wallet can't afford 4 more years of Obama. It's that simple.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1

Americans don't give 2 S's about charts, my friend, they care about jobs. Many are unemployed or under employed. Niether will bode well in this next election. You can pull out all the fancy charts you want, but the fact is the average, everyday american has not felt any recovery.

In other words, "graphs state facts, and we Republicans don't deal in facts".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Jefferson

"The utopian schemes of leveling [wealth redistribution] and a community of goods, are as visionary and impractical as those which vest all property in the crown. These ideas are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional." - Adams

"That is not a just government … where the property which a man has in his personal safety and personal liberty, is violated by arbitrary seizures of one class of citizens for the service of the rest." - James Madison

"Property is the fruit of labor. Property is desirable, is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise." - Lincoln

"Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built." - Lincoln. Again.

"Since when do we in America believe that our society is made up of two diametrically opposed classes—one rich, one poor—both in a permanent state of conflict and neither able to get ahead except at the expense of the other?" - Ronald Reagan.

Compared to:

"I think there are a lot of rich people out there whom we can tax at a point down the road and recover some of this money." - Barney Frank

Yeah, sorry, but the 16th amendment was properly ratified.

Gas cost about $1.60 a gallon when Bush left office, and my 7Ups were $2.50 a 12 pack.

Lies.

Your gas was up to $3.60 a few months before the 2008 election, and it was $1.60 back when Bush took office in 2001.

Yesterday, I paid $3.59 a gallon for gas, and last weekend my 12 pack of 7Up cost me $4.98.

So get Sprite instead. Sierra Mist? One of those is always on sale.

The price of everything (except my home value) is skyrocketing.

Actually inflation hasn't been a problem despite the fed printing a ton of money. If anything is worrisome, its deflation.

My salery hasn't increased, but my Health Premiums have, thanks to Obamacare.

Most of the regulations the healthcare bill don't take affect for another 2 years. Your health care premiums have been skyrocketing for 20 years.

It is my opinion that Americans have taken a pay cut, without having their saleries cut.

Thanks to Reaganomics, you're correct.

In other words, "graphs state facts, and we Republicans don't deal in facts".

No, the people know whether the economy has turned or not, because they can feel it in their pocketbook, bank account, and employment, but keep on hanging on to graphs that don't amount to a hill of beans.

How about the fact that Pres. Obama is spending this country into bankruptcy, and wants to throw a tub of lard health care bill right on top? Something that you never address. Oh ya, except to roll out the whole "Bush spent, too"m, like that somehow excuses Pres. Obama to spend even more.

• Upvote 1

Americans don't give 2 S's about charts, my friend, they care about jobs. Many are unemployed or under employed. Niether will bode well in this next election. You can pull out all the fancy charts you want, but the fact is the average, everyday american has not felt any recovery.

Why don't you hold Pres. Obama accountable for the increase in spending and the unemployment rate? Spending is THE biggest issue in this election, yet you want to focus on condoms. Why?

Unemployment Rates in 1984

January 1984 - 8%

February 1984 - 7.8%

March 1984 - 7.8%

April 1984 - 7.7%

May 1984 - 7.4%

June 1984 - 7.2%

July 1984 - 7.5%

August 1984 - 7.5%

September 1984 - 7.3%

October 1984 - 7.4%

November 1984 - 7.2%

December 1984 - 7.3%

These 1984 Americans cared. 2012 Americans are different?

Funny that you mention spending. The RNC recently released a pundit tallking point memo that said to distract from the improving economy by talking about spending unemployment and gas prices. The Fair and Balanced boys did just that, all day long on every show. Welcome to the machine good sir, your assimilation has gone beautifully.

Btw Obama did not create our structural deficits or increase much structural spending. He did on the other hand agree to the largest spending cuts this country has ever seen so long as it was to be packaged with a increase in taxes.

Oh and 98% of Catholic women have used birth control.

Edited by HoustonEagle

Unemployment Rates in 1984

January 1984 - 8%

February 1984 - 7.8%

March 1984 - 7.8%

April 1984 - 7.7%

May 1984 - 7.4%

June 1984 - 7.2%

July 1984 - 7.5%

August 1984 - 7.5%

September 1984 - 7.3%

October 1984 - 7.4%

November 1984 - 7.2%

December 1984 - 7.3%

These 1984 Americans cared. 2012 Americans are different?

Funny that you mention spending. The RNC recently released a pundit tallking point memo that said to distract from the improving economy by talking about spending unemployment and gas prices. The Fair and Balanced boys did just that, all day long on every show. Welcome to the machine good sir, your assimilation has gone beautifully.

Btw Obama did not create our structural deficits or increase structural spending. He did on the other hand agree to the largest spending cuts this country has ever seen so long as it was to be packaged with an increase in taxes.

Oh and 98% of Catholic women have used birth control.

Hello, Democrat machine.

Everything else is just funny.

Oh, bummer...

Ben Bernanke struck a downbeat tone on the health of the US economy - in spite of an upward revision of growth in the fourth quarter of 2011 - leaving it unclear whether the Federal Reserve would further ease monetary policy.

In testimony to Congress on Wednesday, the Fed chairman said that the labour market was doing better, but the fundamentals supporting consumer spending “continue to be weak”.

This from the guy who has probably forgotten more about macroeconomics than all of us have ever known.

• Downvote 1

Racism? Or was it reverse racism? I am not sure. This one has traveled long and far to get to here.

I think we have covered everything but abortion.

So, ya, no need to chase our tails.

But wait, isn't that what this forum is all about.

Edited by UNT90

Americans don't give 2 S's about charts, my friend, they care about jobs. Many are unemployed or under employed.

One of the charts contains the unemployment rate, dude. I don't know why I bother replying to your nonsense.

• Upvote 1

How did they afford it? Guess with numbers like that, we don't really need to give it away, do we?

I could care less about the birth control debate and just added it to my post in a attempt at humor. That said, who is asking them to give it away?

One of the charts contains the unemployment rate, dude. I don't know why I bother replying to your nonsense.

So, if your numbers are so rosy, why is unemployment the #2 concern of democrats, independents, and republicans in this year's election (see above posted gallop poll)?? COuld it be that all groups aren't happy with what your pretty graph displays?

Edited by UNT90

This is the stuff voters care about.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73408.html#ixzz1nlwKN38K

And to the OP, no it is not racist.

This society seems to forget the definition of racism, which is a belief in the inherent superiority or inferiority of a particlar race. Far too often we look at something that is "racial" and tag it as "racist."

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, I paid $3.59 a gallon for gas, and last weekend my 12 pack of 7Up cost me $4.98. The price of everything (except my home value) is skyrocketing.

My salery hasn't increased, but my Health Premiums have, thanks to Obamacare. It is my opinion that Americans have taken a pay cut, without having their saleries cut. I know he didn't create the mess, but at best his attempt to fix the economy has only made it worse.

My wallet can't afford 4 more years of Obama. It's that simple.

You are right about gasoline prices BUT...... the gasoline price had been around $4.00 all summer of 2008 and I actually paid over that several times.... Let's tell the whole truth not just the partial truth.... the gasoline price crashed in fall of 2008 along with a 6000 point drop in the DOW and all the financial bail-outs and the beginning of bad unemployment and lots of home repos... Gasoline is now cheaper than the summer of 2008... and this is 4 years later.

Why don't you brag about how good the DOW was then ????????.. and compare that to now..... it is up about 6000.

Very selective and misleading stats you quote. Pure political predjudice???? and not the real truth?

..While you are at it --- brag about the national debt during that "conservative" period.... it doubled after the tax cuts which means it increased as much in that period then as in all the previous 200+ years combined..

$4.98 .... holy moly ... you need to change stores.... I can get it for $3.00 most of the time... $3.99 if I am unlucky. ... or did you just exagerate that too.. ????? BE CONSERVATIVE, don't be so GOP-ish... shop around... hahaha

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...