Full Uniform

UNTflyer

I never knew there were so many freaking women on this forum. Maybe we can talk about shoes next?

The uniforms are green, whatever shade doesn't matter. What does matter is winning football games. If these uniforms guarantee that, then I love them.

3 freaking threads about fashion and not one about Coach Mac's speech, practice times, public access to practice, or 2 deeps?

Shoot me. In the head. Right now.

bit warning

Edited by eppy4life

Absolutely 100% correct, sir. You have captured the brass ring. And to go one step further no one cares what non fans think about anything that is UNT.

I'd just offer up that we need to remember that within the "non fan" category are all potential future fans. I'm thinking beyond the uniform opinions. I'd like to see UNT respected by current "non fans" and for UNT to put an appetizing product out their for non-fans. I think we are doing that, or at least on the way. Again, I'm talking bigger picture than uniform colors.

To that extent, I care what non fans think about things that are UNT. I want our fan base to grow.

• Upvote 3

After seeing the practice videos, these new uniforms will be great and the color reminds me of the real green that was used back in the late 60's prior to Fry coming in and making the drastic changes. Good looking uniforms.

After seeing the practice videos, these new uniforms will be great and the color reminds me of the real green that was used back in the late 60's prior to Fry coming in and making the drastic changes. Good looking uniforms.

As I expected, the new uniforms look better the more I see them. They are clean and sharp. I think a lot of us were shocked by the color change since it was mostly unexpected (we all new the Nike uniforms would be very different - but didn't realize that such a noticeable color change was part of the redesign).

The new helmet, now posted on The Helmet Project website is my favorite since the 80's Corky Nelson era helmet (which is still my favorite). I still hope that one day we will feel that the Mean Green is known well enough such that we don't feel the need to spell-out our school's name on the helmet.

Edited by ForneyGreen
  • Downvote 1

bit warning

Timely. Do you think Katrina will hit the coast?

Just an effort to point out that supposed he-men football fans were acting like teenage girls at the prom, more concerned with what the team was wearing than what football news was transpiring at the beginning of fall camp. 4 threads and one 9 pager later, I think that point has been proven correct.

You know what uniform I want us to wear? One in which we beat FIU on September 1. I could give a crap if it is diarrhea green as long as we win.

You know what uniform I want us to wear? One in which we beat FIU on September 1. I could give a crap if it is diarrhea green as long as we win.

My guess is that you're not the only one who feels this way. In fact, I'm confident there's not even one person who'd rather have a certain jersey over a winning football program.

The new jerseys happened to be the news of the day and gave us something to talk about. When the games begin you will have your 'he-man football fans' back. Sorry to disappoint.

As one who attended media day described it to me as Cream Mean Green. Maybe we could go with:

"You've been CREAMED by the MEAN GREEN!!!"?

Rick

It certainly goes with the tape...