New uniforms

greenbird

boring. simple uniforms are boring, yes, boring.

i liked our recent uniforms except for the helmets and no logo. give me a boise or tcu uniform. aka alabama is cheap looking crap.

This. The UA uniforms finally brought us into the modern era of piping and stripes instead of our bland New Balance ringer t's. I thought with the Nike switch we'd keep it going. And going with uniforms that are just solid numbers with no outline and no sleeve stripes looks cheap as hell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i liked our recent uniforms except for the helmets and no logo. give me a boise or tcu uniform. aka alabama is cheap looking crap.

And TCU and Boise are just tricked up concoctions being pimped by Nike. No thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

I want to ask this after just about each post you make, but why do you follow North Texas when it would seem that the university ALWAYS falls beneath your expectations and NEVER comes close to making you anything but jaded and disappointed? Serious question.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Non-piping uniforms may be McCarney's way of challanging the team. You "earn" fancier, modern day uniforms with piping, just like the other 300+ college football teams, by winning. Until then, we'll wear the plainest of the plain uniforms, just like Penn St, Alabama, etc. Let's win some games first!

For the record, IMHO, some of these newly designed uniforms with the piping on the sleeves, piping up the crotch, etc., whatever, look gimicky to me. Watching the old video of the '88 Texas "hosejob" game, those old UNT uniforms looked pretty good to me. Except the helmet.

Iowa State's 1995 Unis in action, McCarney's first season. They look like Kansas City Chief knockoffs. But, that's fine with me. I like the Chiefs look. I also like the New York Jets look. I'd like some sort of classic, striped sleeves with clean front and back, triple striped pants...

...and UNT or NT on the helmet! :-D

My link

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

My other thought was echoed above somewhere - we went with the cheapest thing Nike had to offer. On the one hand, we've sunk a lot of money into facilities and, finally, advertising (billboards). On the other hand, we have fish sandwich for uniforms, but at least the helmets are green.

Someday...someday, Alice...POW, right in the kisser! Our boys will run through that tunnel onto the field in shiny green helmets with UNT or NT on the side. Then, our journey to College Football Big Boydom will be complete.

• Upvote 1