Uh Oh, Uh Oh

Quoner

Breaking News on Riley

Here's to measured, well thought-out responses.

Nothing to measure or think out. Riley is a special athlete and a great young man. I will be forever grateful for his contributions here and I wish him every success in the future. He will be successful in the future on and off the field. It killed me to see him take the physical pounding he did for us and I respect him.

Thank you, Riley Dodge. :goodjob:

• Upvote 1

Good luck and God speed, Riley Dodge. Thanks for all you did to try to help the Mean Green win. Great kid, great attitude and great big heart. Took a "pounding and kept on ticking", and played with the "want to" that i would love to see in every athlete in every sport at UNT.

I would love nothing more than for Riley Dodge to have success wherever he ends up playing. My guess is that we will hear nothing but positives about UNT from Riley Dodge. Good luck, Riley...I, for one, will miss seeing you don the uniform of the Mean Green.

Good luck and God speed.

• Upvote 1

When he said this, he was under the impression that he'd be playing quarterback.

Do we know he was told he can't fight for the QB position and that's what made him decide to leave? I wish him the best of luck, and wish he'd stuck around, but at the same time, I wish he would have finished his career here. He's a fighter and a playmaker regardless of the position he plays.

The Ticket stated that he was looking to transfer to a D-2 school with a pass heavy offense. Surely they meant FCS as opposed to D-2 right?

Every school listed in the MacMahon blog piece....is FCS. So I'm sure that's what they meant.

Good luck Riley....he's a good player and a good kid (very polite and respectful).

Edited by SUMG

Great kid and I hope he lands somewhere where he can be a difference maker. I think Coach Mac, and all of us really, saw what the Longhorns saw a few years ago, and that's just that he can't take that kind of punishment. He's got grit, but his body can't stand up to the sacks.

I think I'd argue he was able to take the hits more successfully than the two guys that started before him this year... Just sayin.

**crosses fingers for a Matt Vizza like barrage from Todge soon**

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Honestly, do you think that Riley Dodge REALLY enjoyed his time at NT??? Seemed like a spoiled brat to me who just wanted to play for his daddy. Actually, I can totally understand that. However, you know Riley thought he was always too good for NT (at least going into it...yes I am aware he is transferring to a I-AA school).

Anyway, he was only here for his dad and now he is a quitter.

On one hand I understand...it would be a tough situation staying after your father was fired. I get that...

No...he is a PURE D QUITTER...just like Giovanni Vizza!!! :growl:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 26

I hope Coach Mac can bring in some players that WANT to play for the Mean Green and will honor their commitment. Not come here as a last resort and bow out when things don't go exactly how they've planned.

Sure is a love fest for someone who just quit the program. Thanks for all the -1's, Riley's buddies must've been cruising the board.

Edited by UNTGuy5
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 14