If Ncaaa Weren't So Rigid On A New League With Sanctions...

PlummMeanGreen

And this would be only schools that are already in the FBS, too; that is, those who presently meet FBS full criteria.

In this dream conference, GMG.com posters, that is, the few, the bold, the brave who participate in this "non-coach--does he stay or leave related thread" :rolleyes: may want to consider taking on that same TCU attitude of not being associated with too many Texas schools which has given the Fort Worth school some semblance of exclusivity and why not--look what its done for the Horned Frogs of late, bowl-wise, compared to what CUSA had done on a lower scale?

And which bowl would work with this brand new leagues' first few champions in an "at large" basis since some even this year may need to go with schools who have under .500 records to fill their bowl slots?

Would Chuck Neinas help a coalition of regional schools get together for such a bold venture? Not going to happen, but I

can only hope that that would be one of his suggestions for UNT athletics to ponder about at their 1:00 PM meeting today.

Moral of Thread: The SBC (according to media experts) will not any time soon be anything close to a BCS Bowl Buster conference. We ain't leaving the SBC anytime soon, either, but shouldn't we have a contingency plan if the SBC becomes a league we don't recognize in the next 5 years, member-wise?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

IMO, you want to grow the fanbase, and make sure you're in a league with regional teams that athletes recognize. You want the away fans to be within a day's drive. You want them to be able to afford to bring their band...blah blah blah...

You also want to be in a league--at the moment you are a member--where you have a legitimate chance to compete. Frankly, UNT is right where it needs to be at the present time, IMO, but I digress...

Using that criteria, (and with apologies to Plumm) I would like to see a league with SMU, Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, La Tech, Arkansas State, Tulane, Troy, Middle, UAB, and NMSU.

Regarding bowls: The NO Bowl, the GMAC, Liberty, Alamo and Texas are all good choices.

:)

IMO, you want to grow the fanbase, and make sure you're in a league with regional teams that athletes recognize. You want the away fans to be within a day's drive. You want them to be able to afford to bring their band...blah blah blah...

You also want to be in a league--at the moment you are a member--where you have a legitimate chance to compete. Frankly, UNT is right where it needs to be at the present time, IMO, but I digress...

Using that criteria, (and with apologies to Plumm) I would like to see a league with SMU, Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, La Tech, Arkansas State, Tulane, Troy, Middle, UAB, and NMSU.

Regarding bowls: The NO Bowl, the GMAC, Liberty, Alamo and Texas are all good choices.

Uh, apology accepted, pal. Tell our common friends hello or should I say, "friends we have in common?"

You put together quite an interesting league and (honest to goodness) I really don't care what SMU does one way or the other. In fact, UNT should show them how neighbors normally act with each other stumbling all over ouselves to make sure they get in. :unsure:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Devry

TWU

Lamar

Sam Houston

Angelo State

Tarleton State

Texas Southern

UT-Pan American

a re-instituted UTA

with an OOC game of Prairie View

10 and 0 baby....

You left out ATI Career Training (business college) here in the Metroplex. "Their school colors would be manilla." (an old SUMG joke on a similar subject from his A&E Network televised Evening at the Improve monologue in Los Angeles as I recall).

And how 'bout: UT-Arlington At Fort Worth? (There is actually a campus over here in the West O' Plex with that exact name; that is, with 2 city names in its name. :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

TTC Texas Ten Conference

UT

A&M

UNT

SMU

TCU

UTEP

RICE

UH

BAYLOR

Texas Tech

Get it done...

Wouldn't work. Unless you're in the state of Texas who would watch this conference? The Texas heavy conferences don't appeal to me as much as some seem to love it. There needs to be a region that expands multiple states so you can include visibility in different markets, states etc.

You left out ATI Career Training (business college) here in the Metroplex. "Their school colors would be manilla." (an old SUMG joke on a similar subject from his A&E Network televised Evening at the Improve monologue in Los Angeles as I recall).

http://comedians.jokes.com/john-mcdowell/videos/john-mcdowell---physical/

http://comedians.jokes.com/john-mcdowell/videos/john-mcdowell---education

Plumm, you'll want to watch the second one.

How bad of a season are you having when you are forced into conference realignment talk before kickoff of the 4th game? :no:

So very true.

That said, I still don't understand why we can't get a coalition of state schools to come together and form a nice conference.

UNT, LA Tech, ULL, Arkansas State, Memphis, UCF, USM, UAB, MUTS, UTEP, UH, and FAU would be a fun conference with like-minded schools and big markets. Seems simple to me.

So very true.

That said, I still don't understand why we can't get a coalition of state schools to come together and form a nice conference.

UNT, LA Tech, ULL, Arkansas State, Memphis, UCF, USM, UAB, MUTS, UTEP, UH, and FAU would be a fun conference with like-minded schools and big markets. Seems simple to me.

I like the ones I took the liberty on your post to highlight in black, untjim; that is, a 9 team conference.

Acutally, the jist of this thread was not re-alignment at all; that is, from one existing conference to another, but was about the forming of a brand new conference period.

OK, Neinas! Help us do some cherry pickin' before some of the leagues we steal from to form this brand new conference knows what hit 'em! :lol:

I'm sure there would be at least one bowl who would take our football champion over an under .500 school of which some thread says a few bowls may have to take this year. Of course, like most all threads and posts on GMG.com--merely speculation. :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

Dear God are there no weddings this fall?

:lol::P:rolleyes:

I love it! :clapping:

But more funky theme threads on the way..................anything to slow down a hardy handful from forever comparing and arguing about our last 2 losing coaching regimes. :blink: I mean come on now, did you ever hear stories of defeated Johnny Rebs bragging (or even arguing) about how the Yanks didn't kick their a$$e$ half as bad at Vicksburg as they did Gettysburg? :argue::no::rolleyes1:

uh.......GMG! :innocent:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

So very true.

yes, don't need smu or rice.

So very true.

You have to have at least one private school so all the meetings can be private, especially when it comes to financial matters.