Hall To Utep

LAZER

RV is said to have demanded full competition @ QB in the spring. TD if you are listening put Riley where he belongs @ WR. We have 3 QBs who are tall enough to handle the job, a stud RB, and Tyler Stratford as a possession WR. We don't have to have a short QB who can't throw long, does too many turnovers, and is oft injured @ QB position. He can get more plays in the open at WR and be a lot more durable. Mama want kick you out if you just change his position. It's best for him and for this program.

There is no way I could respond to this appropriately and still remain within board rules.

There is no way I could respond to this appropriately and still remain within board rules.

Why not? All you have to do is respond to each of his opinions (each of which is backed up by the season we just witnessed) and give your opinions. There's plenty of ground for contention there. If, though, your contention is that he's being too "personal" I fear for our players when even our fans can't stomach fair criticism.

Edited by emmitt01

Not disagreeing with DallasGreen's assestment of the QB situation. Just have not seen anything that says RV has demanded full competition at Quarterback in the spring. I think there should be NO SPOTS guaranteed, Should be an OPEN competition at every position in the spring. Put the best 24 players on the field.

<!--quoteo(post=469817:date=Jan 24 2010, 07:49 PM:name=Mean Green 93-98)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mean Green 93-98 @ Jan 24 2010, 07:49 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is no way I could respond to this appropriately and still remain within board rules.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not? All you have to do is respond to each of his opinions (each of which is backed up by the season we just witnessed) and give your opinions. There's plenty of ground for contention there. If, though, your contention is that he's being too "personal" I fear for our players when even our fans can't stomach fair criticism.

A large part of my problem with his moronic post was its context. It was put in a thread that was about Javia Hall, not Riley Dodge. It was in response to a post that was taking the high road with regard to Hall, and he had to take the low road with regard to Riley. There is nothing in the post intended as constructive criticism, only potshots to knock our (North Texas') quarterback down. I know such posts make some of you guys feel bigger and better about yourselves, but they do nothing to support our players.

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2010 at 10:08 PM, jtm0097 said:

I never was impressed with Hall, im sorry if it offended someone. I think Derek Thompson is going to be our future QB. If Riley makes as many turnovers as he did this year, we will have a new coach and QB.

We have a winner! You will receive the Bert Veto Award in the mail.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Not pertinent, but stumbled upon this weird nugget I thought I'd share. Hall was the starting QB at D2 Western New Mexico in both 2016 and 2017. Considering he redshirted at UTEP in 2010 and played a little in 2011, I have no clue how he had eligibility in what amounted to an 8th year.

I remember that guy back in the late 90's that played starting cornerback with UT. They found out he was 33 yrs old and had played before. Bring on Ravon incognito. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1