Mandy Leaving?

LoveMG

She has a family to support. How dare you post such a damaging rumor about an AD employee without a source. There are lives at stake -- HUMAN LIVES!!!!

For shame! FOR SHAME!

Next you'll say she's going to San Diego State because it's a school based in California because it makes sense in your little theory. It must be nice to live in a world where things of that sort are okay to bring up.

Me, I'll wait for an official source the way God intended when he invented journalism.

She has a family to support. How dare you post such a damaging rumor about an AD employee without a source. There are lives at stake -- HUMAN LIVES!!!!

For shame! FOR SHAME!

Next you'll say she's going to San Diego State because it's a school based in California because it makes sense in your little theory. It must be nice to live in a world where things of that sort are okay to bring up.

Me, I'll wait for an official source the way God intended when he invented journalism.

It was the other guy who invented journalism.

For shame! FOR SHAME!

Don't worry... We have a secret commit lined up to replace her already.

Still, I'm disgusted with this sort of rumormongering and I hope that anyone who dares "speculate" on such matters suffers an agonizing, syphilitic expiration.

Don't worry... We have a secret commit lined up to replace her already.

Still, I'm disgusted with this sort of rumormongering and I hope that anyone who dares "speculate" on such matters suffers an agonizing, syphilitic expiration.

I'd like to believe that, but we are really bare at the fundraising position right now. I think it all goes back to when Clinkscales left. Yes, we had talent, but if this horrible rumor is true, who's going to take over? Instead, we're back to square one all over again.

Spare me the Vittweferittttto story on this later.

I'd like to believe that, but we are really bare at the fundraising position right now. I think it all goes back to when Clinkscales left. Yes, we had talent, but if this horrible rumor is true, who's going to take over? Instead, we're back to square one all over again.

Spare me the Vittweferittttto story on this later.

The hardest staff position to recruit successfully at our level is fundraising. Once the "big boys" fill their needs, programs like ours are forced to look for "diamonds in the rough" or roll the dice on risky prospects. I feel like we've got the connections in Kansas and Mississippi to bring someone in who can make an immediate impact for us at the interior fundraising position.

As for Ann Clinkscales, she's a no good quitter, and I spit every time I hear her name. I hope she matures a little bit and learns the concept of "team", or at least grows up enough to keep her father from making huge decisions for her.

I have full confidence that RV has the authority and respect to get an outstanding replacement, and I still believe he's the man to take this office to the next level. Like it or not, he's still the man in charge, and we need to get on board and support him, no matter how we may feel. If you can't get over your negativity, then you should throw yourself in a vat of acid and die, because we don't need fans like you.

Wow... Look. It's the same hijack formula used for the 8,456,123rd time by the same small group of people.

At least we recognize our asinine nature.

Isn't there a topic in the Non-UNT sports forum you could beat to death for the 8,456,123rd time?

Wow... Look. It's the same hijack formula used for the 8,456,123rd time by the same small group of people.

Oh, Scott Jamison, you truly are the king of kings. Can I nominate you for the job if it's open? Your obvious political connections and research skills would give us a good stronghold that the program's been missing since Fry left.

Will we take an APR hit for this one?

Some may focus on the negatives, like APR and finance depth issues... I prefer to think about the opportunity this creates for some of our highly touted interns. The door is open for a fundraising playmaker to show their stuff... Who will step up to the plate?

Nonsense hijack rage-

Dr. Tasty's prescription?

Butt-stick extraction.

Every second

Spent here is time not fighting

hard for Rush Limbaugh

Figures, I log in for a Mandy thread/update and get this crap.

Will we take an APR hit for this one?

Comedy pyramid revised approach:

APR hit? Annual Percentage Rate?

I know losing someone in fundraising is a big deal, but do you really think it's going to affect our bond rating? If you're right and we have to borrow at higher interest... What horrible timing. :(

Yes... contributing to a political thread in the political forum about the political topic being discussed is the same as hijacking every thread possible with non sequitur attempts to draw parallels to the most current debate regarding the football program being had by the community no matter what the topic of the thread. You guys could (and will probably now do so) find parallels between a Ham and Cheese sandwich and the Dodge stay or go debates of late.

...call me all the names you want, I really could give a rats ass. It's a cute deflection from the obvious, and pretty much what I've come to expect. I'm not here to impress anyone. I'm not here to be cute or clever. I'm just calling it like I see it. My enthusiasm to even check the boards to see what is going on when football season isn't in full swing is dampened by the fact that I know I have to sift through this crap every time I want to see what is going on. I'm not alone. I'm certainly not the only guy on this board who is sick of (and as a result don't contribute or spend time involved as a result) the "Quoner Fan Club" (not mine, but a good description none the less) hijacking every thread, though I may be the only one who's a big enough asshole to say so.

When you guys contribute its usually great, and I appreciate the devotion each of you have for NT and the athletic programs, but the hijacks are REALLY getting old.

My enthusiasm to even check the boards to see what is going on when football season isn't in full swing is dampened by the fact that I know I have to sift through this crap every time I want to see what is going on. I'm not alone. I'm certainly not the only guy on this board who is sick of (and as a result don't contribute or spend time involved as a result) the "Quoner Fan Club" (not mine, but a good description none the less) hijacking every thread, though I may be the only one who's a big enough asshole to say so.

Put me down as another @$$hole who is sick of it as well. It has it's place, I'll admit from time to time. But every damn thread is overboard. And most of it isn't funny at all? In fact, there's only one professional comedian here on this board that I know of and he isn't any of the usual hijacking suspects. I don't think there's a one of them who could make a living at trying to be funny in my oppinion. I'm not saying none of them don't come up with something funny from time to time, but the constant attempt at it fails most times for me and I end up wasting time trying to find something worth reading.

My question would be, is this allowed and normal for other fan message boards? Because the Mods are well aware of it. They have recieved plenty of complaints but continue to allow it? So maybe it is, I don't know?

I get to where once I scroll and see one hijack attempt, I click and move on, often times missing something worthwhile later on in the thread. Maybe that is the point of it? To run folks off, I don't know?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I'll make a deal with you two- I'll never make another "off topic" post again on this forum if you two agree to never again start, reply, or in any way contribute to any politically oriented topic on GMG.

Not a joke.

Otherwise, I think we'll have to agree to tolerate the little things we do that annoy each other. And everyone will just have to put up with the types of posts we make that may or may not violate the explicitly stated preferences and rules of the moderating staff.

EDIT: Nothing personal... Rick knows that I'm his superpal. I don't know yyz personally, but I don't have any hard feelings towards him, either.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Put me down as another asshole who is sick of it as well. It has it's place, I'll admit from time to time. But every damn thread is overboard. And most of it isn't funny at all? In fact, there's only one professional comedian here on this board that I know of and he isn't any of the usual hijacking suspects. I don't think there's a one of them who could make a living at trying to be funny in my oppinion. I'm not saying none of them don't come up with something funny from time to time, but the constant attempt at it fails most times for me and I end up wasting time trying to find something worth reading.

My question would be, is this allowed and normal for other fan message boards? Because the Mods are well aware of it. They have recieved plenty of complaints but continue to allow it? So maybe it is, I don't know?

I get to where once I scroll and see one hijack attempt, I click and move on, often times missing something worthwhile later on in the thread. Maybe that is the point of it? To run folks off, I don't know?

Rick

Get used to it. It is the same crap that went on last year and when I complained or replied in a pissed off manner, I was banned. When I PM'ed a question about this continually going on, I was banned again. I learned to get used to the attempted humor of a few or just utilized the ignore button, but I know there are many that are worn out with it.

Assuming that the rule against personal attacks still doesn't apply to Tasty and Quoner, then I will have to call them supreme thread-hijacking douchebags.

If that rule is in effect, then I won't be calling them supreme thread-hijacking douchebags.

Well, I'd like clarification on the rules too then... If someone calls himself an asshole, then is it okay for everyone else to call them an asshole too without violating a personal attack rule? Does this apply for the entire board, just that thread, when only quoting their post, or is the name asshole in general free game?

I think we are taking things too seriously. If all we posted was serious posts, this board would be so boring and resemble the UTA basketball board. The fact is, there isn't much going on right now, and most of the threads that get high jacked deserve to get high jacked in my opinion.

Rick - to answer your question, YES. This (high-jacking) does happen on other boards too. I don't know why we care what other schools/boards do, but it does happen.

Here's my question: when an underling in any of those same schools leave, does anyone from that school care enough to actually post such a thing on the football section of the board. Mandy may have made some people angry, done good things for the program, may have been underwhelmingly friendly to fans and overwhelmingly friendly with certain coaches, contributed to the football team's demise, built the new stadium with her bare hands etc... but really, she's not a legend around here and certainly doesn't warrant her own thread to discuss what a huge or insignificant loss this really is... and certainly doesn't deserve the attention this thread is giving her. So IMO - high jacks away.