No Revelation Here But Coach Td: More Juco Defense Recruiting This Win

PlummMeanGreen

Hello all! DJ business is going well except for weekend schedule but that is the nature of the beast. If you have time please visit us at: www.soundworksdeejay.com

I know we are all frustrated this season but we've been here before now haven't we? I do keep up with all of our concerns thru the MGRN so I haven't lost complete touch with everything.

I know we did this last winter, but even more strategic JUCO recruiting this winter and with our offense it is easily conceivable we go over .500 in Dodge's 4'th season and in the SBC that could mean close to getting a bowl berth since attrition from other teams may helps us even more. This Winter will actually only be TD's 3'rd "full" recruiting season & we have not forgotten how empty the cupboard was when he signed on as our coach in late December; that is as recruiting was pretty well all sewed up here in the Southwest.

Anyhow, peace to all & I defer to our battlecry below:

This Winter will actually only be TD's 3'rd "full" recruiting season & we have not forgotten how empty the cupboard was when he signed on as our coach in late December; that is as recruiting was pretty well all sewed up here in the Southwest.

Been checking the obituaries regularly in your neck of the woods, looking for your name; glad to hear you're still with us Plummer. :lol:

Regarding your post(the highlighted part), that's what happens when your new head coach has to wait for the high school playoffs to end. Forget that his son was in the playoffs, Dodge should have been out recruiting the minute the ink dried on his new contract. Playoffs were more important than getting players for his new gig at North Texas. And if RV approved this, I'd say it was a major screwup.

Been checking the obituaries regularly in your neck of the woods, looking for your name; glad to hear you're still with us Plummer. :lol:

Regarding your post(the highlighted part), that's what happens when your new head coach has to wait for the high school playoffs to end. Forget that his son was in the playoffs, Dodge should have been out recruiting the minute the ink dried on his new contract. Playoffs were more important than getting players for his new gig at North Texas. And if RV approved this, I'd say it was a major screwup.

Even if Dodge had skipped the Playoffs would it have mattered? Coaches these days start recruiting a full year ahead of time, and do we know for sure that he was not already making last minute calls before his playoffs?

To me people get their panties in a wad over this payoff thing when I really don't think it would have made any difference that year.

Holy cow Plumm damn good to see you!

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1

I guess we just ignore what Jones has done with SMU and accept our lot in life as the loser, joke metroplex school? No Thanks.

Of course, after seeing the lastest publicity for UNT, I'm not so sure that the title doesn't fit. Way to go, SGA. Nice stones for standing up for what you believe when just a little political pressure is applied. Now we get this sorry A&% publicity that makes us the laughing stock of the metroplex.

What high school senior with raging football hormones doesn't want to go to a school where the homecoming court could be a bunch of dudes and no chicks?

Such a terrible, terrible weekend for this university.

I guess we just ignore what Jones has done with SMU and accept our lot in life as the loser, joke metroplex school? No Thanks.

Of course, after seeing the lastest publicity for UNT, I'm not so sure that the title doesn't fit. Way to go, SGA. Nice stones for standing up for what you believe when just a little political pressure is applied. Now we get this sorry A&% publicity that makes us the laughing stock of the metroplex.

What high school senior with raging football hormones doesn't want to go to a school where the homecoming court could be a bunch of dudes and no chicks?

Such a terrible, terrible weekend for this university.

now now, that election just started today. We'll find our Friday if we need to double up on our King crowns.

now now, that election just started today. We'll find our Friday if we need to double up on our King crowns.

Doesn't matter. The publicity was on every news channel throughout the weekend. It even made the halftime news during the Cowboy game.

It is an embarassment for the university, and reinforces the perception that we are just a quaint little liberal arts school.

While other collegues are discussing bowl games for their colleges, I get the "bunch of dude" homecoming questions. If you don't think this will affect recruiting, you don't live in reality.

Just got two additional mentions on this fiasco.

This, more than anything the football team has done, makes me wish I had gone to a different school.

I have had to stay low in the office today, if this thing passes I may have to cut ties completely with the school.

First of all, let me suggests how many of our approximate 7 million citizens in the 6 county North Texas Metroplex could care about who our future Homecoming King or Queen (who may one day actually be a real queen) will be. How about as many of them that really even give a rats' butt about SMU? :blink:

This "queen talk" is already yesterdays news in our cable news network era if the Cowboy people said anything about it at all Sunday as you say they did and speaking of the Cowboy golden throats: Why would they even start suddenly talking about UNT since they still call us North Texas "you know what" as it is? They would have dared not mention during the recent Cowboys/Chiefs throwback era game our former UNT great Abner Haynes, ie, now a Texas Sports Hall of Famer and KC Chiefs Hall of Honor player who used to wear our green and white and burn-em' up at Fouts Field in the mid-1950's--now would they? :( The Cowboys are still all about the Cowboys and they don't want to share anything (least of all positive mention) with the 3 colleges who play football in DFW. (The Cowboys all but killed SMU football to what it could have been as a college football program in a city the size of Dallas and many of you old timers who where around here when they entered the NFL may agree with that).

Lest We Forget: Seems most on this board thought our Def. Coord. when re-hired would whip our "D" back into the glory days of the early SBC so I say lets simply give him some more time to do such but in all fairness to him...........lets do that with emphasis on getting him some key JUCO defensive talent this winter who can make a difference next Fall and we've seen those at UNT who could make such an impact now haven't we?

I'd think most would agree that TDodge is all about offense the way most ex UT Longhorn QB's who became head football coaches in college, high school or wherever might just turn out and I don't think many are complaining about our offense most of the time, right? How many games would we have won even this year had our defense merely caught up to our offense at some point in the season and on a consistent basis--like in every game our offense scored more than enough points to win most any SBC game and some OOC games as well?

Todd Dodge seems to be more than adequate in getting us offense talent so lets give him (and his coaches) his 3'rd full recruiting season to get defensive talent and perhaps in due time and to put it in a biblical sense---the twain shall meet? And when both our offense and defense show up every game so will the kind of wins we would have had if both had showed up more times this season.

We have given other coaches at UNT up to Year 5 to break .500 in wins/losses and in that era we were in a new conference with a bunch of 1-AA schools that only recently had just made the move up or were in the midst of making the jump to a level of college football where UNT had already been so I don't see why we wouldn't give this coach similar time in a much stronger & viable Sun Belt Conference, ie, a still new'ish football conference that we all were witnessing pass us by many many moons before Todd Dodge took our Mean Green HFC's job.

Talent + consistently disciplined season after season football players will soon equal more wins against some good schools in due time and this topic on Nov. 16, 2009, will have been such a moot point. In fact, who the hell started this thread in the first place? Whoops! I forgot! :blink:

BEAT ARMY!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen