G.a Moore: New Head Football Coach At Aubrey

Green Dozer

G.A. Moore is back into coaching. Aubrey High School has hired him as their new head football coach. Their current head coach is taking on the job of athletic director full time. He stated they expected to be in 3A in two years or so. He is responsible for the dynasty that Celina has become, and had a few great runs while he twice coached Pilot Point. He is member of the UNT Hall of Fame. We will see if he has lost his recruiting touch.

Aubrey has landed one heck of a coach. G A will have them winning ASAP. He will not be the most "loved" coach with some of the administration and parents of current Aubrey players, however, he will put a good team on the field each and every time. This will be fun to watch. G A will take a "little getting used to" by the Aubrey faithful and AISD staff. Tough coach, but one the players who make it through will respect and appreciate.

Good for G A Moore. Welcome back to HS coaching!!!!

I think he will have to "give up" the retirement pay while he returns to the sidelines. My wife is a retired teacher and she can only make a certain amount before it starts to reduce her teacher retirement. This may only be true if you return to a place that pays into the Teacher Retirement System (my wife returned to UNT to work on a part-time basis) after retireing from public school teaching in Argyle. That $100,000 G A is making in Aubrey may just cut into his retirement $$$ a bit...I doubt that he cares!

I think Aubrey will be alot more competitive next season, however, 3A is a different story. The year after you're looking at potentially playing Celina, Prosper, Argyle, Gainsville, Decatur, Sanger etc.

I see him getting the wins he lost back, but not much more than that.

Edited by ntmeangreen11