Has This Happened Before?

UNT90

Was racking my brain trying to think of any other circumstance where a starting D1A quarterback made his own decision to transfer (Not forced, like Rhett Bomar). Anyone have any examples of this happening elsewhere? I understand a starter losing his job, then transferring, but thats not the case with Vizza.

Was racking my brain trying to think of any other circumstance where a starting D1A quarterback made his own decision to transfer (Not forced, like Rhett Bomar). Anyone have any examples of this happening elsewhere? I understand a starter losing his job, then transferring, but thats not the case with Vizza.

We had a promising QB (from South Grand Prairie ?) here in the mid-90's who set some single game passing records as a freshman. He ended up transferring to Southern Miss, where he finished his career playing TE. I remember thinking, geeezz you'd rather play TE for someone else rather than be the starting QB for North Texas? ....and I still don't get it. :huh:

We had a promising QB (from South Grand Prairie ?) here in the mid-90's who set some single game passing records as a freshman. He ended up transferring to Southern Miss, where he finished his career playing TE. I remember thinking, geeezz you'd rather play TE for someone else rather than be the starting QB for North Texas? ....and I still don't get it. :huh:

That was Josh Gulley. I tutored him at the time. Actually, he initially transferred to Cal, but the University refused to release him from his scholarship at the time, so he had to come back. Didn't play much, if any, that season (if I remember correctly). Then went on to Southern Miss. Was a tall one; 6'5'' I think.

Jevan Snead was not a starter at UT and was not going to be behind Colt McCoy

Nathan Dick would be the hier apparent at Arkansas, but transferred due to the UM QB being eligible in 09.

Perriloux was kicked off the team and was forced to transfer, also he was not a starter for LSU.

Mitch Mustain left Arkansas for USC and will now be the #4 QB for next year

Univ. of Miss.....transfred from tx to um

how about that louisiana kid who transfered from LSU to Jax U.

probably a bunch more.....

anyway I wish Vizza the best of luck.

Please turn up his mike. More EE!

Casey Printers from TCU.

I think he transfered to SFA.

Edited by Travis

Jevan Snead was not a starter at UT and was not going to be behind Colt McCoy

Nathan Dick would be the hier apparent at Arkansas, but transferred due to the UM QB being eligible in 09.

Perriloux was kicked off the team and was forced to transfer, also he was not a starter for LSU.

Mitch Mustain left Arkansas for USC and will now be the #4 QB for next year

Mustain was benched in favor of Casy Dick though, so he wasn't even the starter when he transferred.

It has happened twice that I can remember at North Texas. Although technically Josh Gulley was not a starter when he transferred, he in fact tried to transfer after a very good freshman year against the hardest schedule in NT's history. Simon would not release him to play at California and he stayed another year in Simon's doghouse before transferring and never played QB after his fish year again to my knowledge. There was a freshman named Van Ness who started for Fry's first team at NT and played very well. He transferred out and started a number of years at a West Coast 1a program.

It has happened twice that I can remember at North Texas. Although technically Josh Gulley was not a starter when he transferred, he in fact tried to transfer after a very good freshman year against the hardest schedule in NT's history. Simon would not release him to play at California and he stayed another year in Simon's doghouse before transferring and never played QB after his fish year again to my knowledge. There was a freshman named Van Ness who started for Fry's first team at NT and played very well. He transferred out and started a number of years at a West Coast 1a program.

That was 1995, our first year back in 1A. Josh Gulley passed for something like 300 yards against LSU. We still lost.

Uh, I was wrong. Edited.

Josh Gulley 34-16-1 234 Yds 1TD

Edited by DeepGreen

Ryan Mallet transfered from Michigan to Ark. last year. Had to redshirt a year, but he is the reason Nathan Dick transfered from Ark.

I could not remember his, but hey here at UCA we are excited to have Dick on the field to replace the graduating Brown.

Should be a very good team again next year.

Coach Conque should be considered for the next UNT opening, whenever that might be.

Travis, are you thinking of James Battle ? Battle was playing behind Printers at TCU and transfered to SFA. I don't know that he (Battle) ever saw the field.

Casey Printers was the starter at TCU and transferred his senior year to a I-AA team in FLA to try and showcase his skills for the NFL. He was a back-up in the NFL last I heard. Who knows if he is still there.

Casey Printers was the starter at TCU and transferred his senior year to a I-AA team in FLA to try and showcase his skills for the NFL. He was a back-up in the NFL last I heard. Who knows if he is still there.

That must be it. I knew that Printers started a few years at tcu than transfered to a 1-AA team.

He was a pretty good QB. Especially while at Desoto.