FAU/ULL vs UNC/UVA game tonight.

FirefightnRick

Another pillow fight on ESPN but the difference is conference...ONLY!

And did you see the UVA fans doing that RIP OFF, arms folded over the the shoulders of the person next you and swaying side to side bit like Texas A&M? What a RIP OFF tradition! I can't believe they would copy something like that from Texas A&M! RIP OFF COPY CATer's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Another pillow fight on ESPN but the difference is conference...ONLY! 

And did you see the UVA fans doing that RIP OFF, arms folded over the the shoulders of the person next you and swaying side to side bit like Texas  A&M?  What a RIP OFF tradition!  I can't believe they would copy something like that from Texas A&M!  RIP OFF COPY CATer's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

better to just watch the little guys of the Southland playing on FSN.

UCA/SHSU

Just like throwing tortillas, but UVa ripping off this tradition doesn't mess up the track!

Yeah, YEAH!!!!!!!!! I bet they have a bonfire too. What a great turnout we had with that this year, people enjoying themselves, kids having fun and all that. We should get rid of it as well. DAMN RIP OFF TRADITIONS!

Rick

Yeah, YEAH!!!!!!!!!  I bet they have a bonfire too.  What a great turnout we had with that this year, people enjoying themselves, kids having fun and all that.  We should get rid of it as well.  DAMN RIP OFF TRADITIONS!

Rick

Someone's getting touchy - would this be a bad time to mention my high school had a cannon too?

Don't forget, Al Groh got the kids to start wearing matching t-shirts to games instead of dress wear a few years ago. That's a rip off that you can include in your next rant wink.gif

I do think we need some traditions and anything that fans and families embrace is good - I just get frustrated when we hold these up as the end/all be all. Like all parts of the program, we are still a long way off from being big time, but that doesn't mean forsake who we are. And if a fan wants to support two schools - even Texas - thats okay - we need everyone willing to come in our gate.

Edited by Quoner

why does FSN have suuch a bia against the sun belt... I mean they show southland conference games all the time, but no sun belt...thats right UNT is the only texas team in the belt

It's a green bias. Not Mean Green, dollar green. The Southland takes a portion of their revenue from the NCAA tournament and underwrites the cost of TV appearances. The presidents and chancellors of the Sun Belt have taken the position that they will not pay for exposure.

The good news is that our contract expires after the 07 football season and 08 basketball season, at a time when Fox, CBS/CSTV, and Comcast are all looking to add inventory. I think there will be at least three or four bids submitted for Sun Belt coverage starting in 08.

Someone's getting touchy - would this be a bad time to mention my high school had a cannon too?

Don't forget, Al Groh got the kids to start wearing matching t-shirts to games instead of dress wear a few years ago. That's a rip off that you can include in your next rant  wink.gif

I do think we need some traditions and anything that fans and families embrace is good - I just get frustrated when we hold these up as the end/all be all. Like all parts of the program, we are still a long way off from being big time, but that doesn't mean forsake who we are. And if a fan wants to support two schools - even Texas - thats okay - we need everyone willing to come in our gate.

Surely I didn't hide my sarcasm that well?

Rick