JJ needs to go; men lose to MTSU at home

SUMG

I will just say this. Regardless of the coach, the players we have, and the record UNT basketball is and will be fun to watch. I hope we have success next season. At this point I have no clue what will happens with more turnover. I will hope for the best and be ready to watch every game. I do enjoy football but I am already more excited to see the basketball team play then the football team. And I will be there for kick off of the home opener. I just like basketball more. Maybe that is why I will always post and see the best in things. Basketball is a great game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I will just say this. Regardless of the coach, the players we have, and the record UNT basketball is and will be fun to watch. I hope we have success next season. At this point I have no clue what will happens with more turnover. I will hope for the best and be ready to watch every game. I do enjoy football but I am already more excited to see the basketball team play then the football team. And I will be there for kick off of the home opener. I just like basketball more. Maybe that is why I will always post and see the best in things. Basketball is a great game.

A guy broke into my house, stole some stuff and had his way with my girlfriend while dribbling a basketball. I was mad, but then I just remembered how much I enjoyed seeing folks takin' it do da hoop and got over it real fast. He's welcome back anytime.

• Upvote 3

A guy broke into my house, stole some stuff and had his way with my girlfriend while dribbling a basketball. I was mad, but then I just remembered how much I enjoyed seeing folks takin' it do da hoop and got over it real fast. He's welcome back anytime.

I had a great time. Does this weekend work for you ?

• Upvote 4

I'm only going off of what he typed. He made the statement that if you inherit a better team you should improve on it (not do worse). Correct? He then went on to day that this is expected (so no coach should ever do worse then the previous one... At least in his world). And somehow that makes sense to you? It does not compute on this end and nor does it compute with my buddies. No one is arguing Benford should not have done better, but to use the argument that a coach should always improve on the success from another is very bold. And to be honest impossible to have 100% of the time. Obviously inheriting a team with a good record improves your chances of having a good season it does not meant that you will. So why should it be expected?

I liked Trilli, I liked JJ, and I like Benford. I have enjoyed going to games under all three coaches. If we have a new coach next season I will still enjoy going to game regardless of the record. I also will not make a judgement on his success rate based on what Benford left...

I don't know...

I'm only going off of what he typed. He made the statement that if you inherit a better team you should improve on it (not do worse). Correct? He then went on to day that this is expected (so no coach should ever do worse then the previous one... At least in his world). And somehow that makes sense to you? It does not compute on this end and nor does it compute with my buddies. No one is arguing Benford should not have done better, but to use the argument that a coach should always improve on the success from another is very bold. And to be honest impossible to have 100% of the time. Obviously inheriting a team with a good record improves your chances of having a good season it does not meant that you will. So why should it be expected?

I liked Trilli, I liked JJ, and I like Benford. I have enjoyed going to games under all three coaches. If we have a new coach next season I will still enjoy going to game regardless of the record. I also will not make a judgement on his success rate based on what Benford left...

I guess I find it hard to enjoy games when I am watching a coach run into the ground a program I love, but that's just me (and about half the people who used to attend games but no longer do)...

It is different to say that every new coach should improve upon the program compared to the idea that they will be 100% successful every time. Hiring mistakes are made. When you take over for a coach that is fired, obviously next coach should be significant improvement. When you take over a program that has seen one of its best (if not the best) runs in program history, at minimum the expectation should be that you maintain that momentum - or at least achieve close to that...we have seen nothing of the sort or remotely resembling an indication that this is ever going to be achievable with this guy. Hope I am completely wrong and this turns out to be the year things come together, but you will have to forgive us fans for being extremely cynical based on the first two years.

I guess I find it hard to enjoy games when I am watching a coach run into the ground a program I love, but that's just me (and about half the people who used to attend games but no longer do)...

It is different to say that every new coach should improve upon the program compared to the idea that they will be 100% successful every time. Hiring mistakes are made. When you take over for a coach that is fired, obviously next coach should be significant improvement. When you take over a program that has seen one of its best (if not the best) runs in program history, at minimum the expectation should be that you maintain that momentum - or at least achieve close to that...we have seen nothing of the sort or remotely resembling an indication that this is ever going to be achievable with this guy. Hope I am completely wrong and this turns out to be the year things come together, but you will have to forgive us fans for being extremely cynical based on the first two years.

It's moot. There are far too many big word for Andrew to grasp.

One replaced a coach who was 20-87.

The other replaced a coach who was 190-146...127-68 over the last six years.

If this is your only effort at justification for retaining Benford, how about you provide a bit of context. Otherwise it just looks XXXX stupid.

Wow...but using that sort of language makes one look so very brilliant, right?

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One replaced a coach who was 20-87.

The other replaced a coach who was 190-146...127-68 over the last six years.

If this is your only effort at justification for retaining Benford, how about you provide a bit of context. Otherwise it just looks XXXXX stupid.

Come on man we can't use that type of language in here.