----------Saragin Rankings----------

eulesseagle

According to that system, MTSU is best team in our conference.  There may be some flaws in that system.    dry.gif

They are the only team to beat someone above 100 (Vandy at 75.) Shows how valuable those conference wins are and how much prestige they carry.

At least NT is closing in on Western Illinois, Deleware and William and Mary

UNT has fallen to #157? blink.gif

Again, how do we market this in 2006 leaving out all the personality aspects of this dire situation?

sad.gif

I will tell you how. We aren't going to get significant season ticket increases from some magical marketing campaign many posters think we need. Its very simple, everyone on this board who asserts they are such great Mean Green supporters needs to be bringing in new season ticket holders. Why should people come on board? To support their school, to have a good time, to enjoy GAME DAY. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of UNT Alums in the Denton and Dallas area who have not experienced the new game day atmosphere of the last several years. Introduce them to that, encourage them to get season tickets if for no other reason that to support their alma mater. I got a handful of new season ticket holders last season to join, I got about a dozen new people to get season tickets this season - all of them are renewing. I am working on other NT alums I have met during the year to join for next year.

This is not directed at you Plumm, but for those that are unhappy with our product, put up or shut up. If you don't like the coach, that is your opinion but to be more competitive, more support is the first and more important step.

Sorry, just a short little rant, I am done now.

I will tell you how.  We aren't going to get significant season ticket increases from some magical marketing campaign many posters think we need.  Its very simple, everyone on this board who asserts they are such great Mean Green supporters needs to be bringing in new season ticket holders.  Why should people come on board?  To support their school, to have a good time, to enjoy GAME DAY.  There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of UNT Alums in the Denton and Dallas area who have not experienced the new game day atmosphere of the last several years.  Introduce them to that, encourage them to get season tickets if for no other reason that to support their alma mater.  I got a handful of new season ticket holders last season to join, I got about a dozen new people to get season tickets this season - all of them are renewing.  I am working on other NT alums I have met during the year to join for next year.

This is not directed at you Plumm, but for those that are unhappy with our product, put up or shut up.  If you don't like the coach, that is your opinion but to be more competitive, more support is the first and more important step.

Sorry, just a short little rant, I am done now.

We have 18 season ticket holders in our group now, I will tell you what, it was tough when we were winning but now that we are losing I don't know if we will stay even. DD game play has been hard for the casual fan to watch and we have had over 15 in the last three years find better things to do. But I will admit that most were not UNT alumni, but I try very hard to get more in our group each year. After Tulsa we have not had the whole group out at one time again. Many of the new comers were disgusted.

And as much fun as I have tailgating, many find it hard to go sit in a parking lot to eat and drink when they have limited time for themselves and their families, and the game consists of boring uninspired football. sad.gif

We have 18 season ticket holders in our group now, I will tell you what, it was tough when we were winning but now that we are losing I don't know if we will stay even.  DD game play has been hard for the casual fan to watch and we have had over 15 in the last three years find better things to do. But I will admit that most were not UNT alumni, but I try very hard to get more in our group each year. After Tulsa we have not had the whole group out at one time again. Many of the new comers were disgusted.

And as much fun as I have tailgating, many find it hard to go sit in a parking lot to eat and drink when they have limited time for themselves and their families, and the game consists of boring uninspired football. sad.gif

Again, I ask the question: How would you like to market this next summer knowing there will be few changes whether R. Flanagan is around or not? unsure.gif

Our Mean Green football players deserve a chance to reach their fullest potential in OOC and (now) conference games.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Nothing like a drop of 100 points in the rankings!  Love those Mean Green fans with "high expectations." dry.gif

I was thinking down year, I could only wish. Getting stomped in the home opener against Tulsa with the third largest crowd at Fout's field was just the start. ( Record Home Loss)

I would say catastrophic year! ph34r.gif