---If DD left at end of season---

eulesseagle

First off...I support DD and what he and the staff have done but some of the other posters do not feel the same way as others who support The Coach.

Ok...............

You have a $220,000 (or so) base salary--not even the highest in the SBC.

Remember that BCS schools pay about $750,000 to $1,000,000 base.

who are you going to get??? Be specific if you can.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't most of them? Isn't the point of this board entertainment? I know we sometimes get useful information, but 90% of the stuff floating around is silly banter between UNT faithful. It's all a little ridiculous.

I guess you are right. In these times of stress I am just looking for a little more info. A lot of this stuff just drives me further to the edge.

---If DD left at end of season---, ???who would you get???

who are you going to get???  Be specific if you can.

I would get the world's foremost party planner, for the Dickster's leaving would be cause for celebration!

wink.gif

This still doesn't change the fact that I'm a realist and know the Dickster isn't going anywhere anytime soon... que music: Lowered Expectations....

I think this thread, as "ridiculous" as it is, proves a point. There is a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth about how we need to fire Dickey but nobody can give us an alternative. That's the worst kind of whining. It's like when you ask your wife where she wants to eat and her only response is "Just not Chili's...I hate Chili's." That's not an answer, that's a complaint. As much as we may hate where this ship is headed we need answers not whining.

I think this thread, as "ridiculous" as it is, proves a point.  There is a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth about how we need to fire Dickey but nobody can give us an alternative.  That's the worst kind of whining.  It's like when you ask your wife where she wants to eat and her only response is "Just not Chili's...I hate Chili's."  That's not an answer, that's a complaint.  As much as we may hate where this ship is headed we need answers not whining.

amen amen and amen

I think this thread, as "ridiculous" as it is, proves a point.  There is a lot of moaning and gnashing of teeth about how we need to fire Dickey but nobody can give us an alternative.  That's the worst kind of whining.  It's like when you ask your wife where she wants to eat and her only response is "Just not Chili's...I hate Chili's."  That's not an answer, that's a complaint.  As much as we may hate where this ship is headed we need answers not whining.

But at the same time you could say that it's the job of the athletic director and not the fan's to find and name a new coach if there was going to be one.

There is no replacement for DD at $220K. HOWEVER...If you are willing to take a chance, and want the offense opened up....find Kelvin Martin and give the reigns to him. Yeah, he had a little bit of a drug problem. He is supposedly over that now and is clean. If he could teach George Marshall to catch the stinkin ball...(and he also coached Johnny Quinn as a Freshman).. ANYTHING is possible. He would also bring instant attention to this program. Not sure whether that is a good thing or not, but there is no such thing as bad press on Sportscenter. Kmart also knows pro-style offenses having played in a couple of good ones. (Cowboys and Eagles).

Johnny Quinn and Roy Covington would become 1000 yard guys each.

I would hope we are able to keep Darrell Dickey, but Kmart would be my pick as a replacement. Especially at the price we could afford for a new head coach?

Okay...fire away. But, if you are going to shoot down my pick you have to have a suggestion of your own.

GMG!!!

There is no replacement for DD at $220K. HOWEVER...If you are willing to take a chance, and want the offense opened up....find Kelvin Martin and give the reigns to him. Yeah, he had a little bit of a drug problem. He is supposedly over that now and is clean. If he could teach George Marshall to catch the stinkin ball...(and he also coached Johnny Quinn as a Freshman).. ANYTHING is possible. He would also bring instant attention to this program. Not sure whether that is a good thing or not, but there is no such thing as bad press on Sportscenter. Kmart also knows pro-style offenses having played in a couple of good ones. (Cowboys and Eagles).

Johnny Quinn and Roy Covington would become 1000 yard guys each.

I would hope we are able to keep Darrell Dickey, but Kmart would be my pick as a replacement. Especially at the price we could afford for a new head coach?

Okay...fire away. But, if you are going to shoot down my pick you have to have a suggestion of your own.

GMG!!!

What, Nate Newton wasn't available? laugh.gif

Should we ever lose DD I would suggest these individuals, and they may not even be the best out there, who knows?:

Kenny Evans, Todd Dodge, Major Applewhite, Rick Nuehiesel(Sp?), Tom Herman(co OC at Texas State), Blake Miller(the other OC there who helped lead NwLState's offense to two SLC championships).

If Ohio U can afford Frank Solich after he was fired at Nebraska, we can afford someone of our choice too.

Rick

I'm not contributing to this"replace-the-coach" discussion. However......

If he could teach George Marshall to catch the stinkin ball...(and he also coached Johnny Quinn as a Freshman)..

He taught Marshall to catch the ball? huh.gif .....when? huh.gif

Also, K-Mart not only coached Quinn, he was the one who lobbied for JQ to be given a "ship" in the first place. I don't believe that DD was inclined to do so until K-Mart pressed the issue with him. wink.gif

I like the Kmart idea, however championships are won with defense. D-FENSE!!!!!!!!

My vote goes with DeLoach. He's got connections, and he's proven he can recruit to our campus.

The converstion begins and ends with DeLoach.

Of course the question is moot. Dickey is here for at least a couple of more years.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who want DD out so bad they can taste it I have bad news. The University is not going to fire him for the team’s performance this year. SO even though it may feel good don’t be the one to start the www.firecarreldickey.com web site. Your efforts might be better spent creating the site www.hiredarrledickey.com web site since the only way it looks like he will go is if he takes another job. ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

I'm still quite a ways off from personally entertaining any notion of getting rid of Coach Dickey. I think four championships earns him a rebuilding year. If MTSU is our sole win this year, and look like we do right now next year, I'll be a bit more inclined to see what we can do about changes.

That said, I think the idea of Major Applewhite is an intriguing one. I'm not sure about his coaching credentials, but I know that, among Texas fans, he's still something of a legend. Who knows who might come out of the woodwork to see ol' Major coach a game?

Edited by illuvius32