LSU VS. UNT GAME POSTPONED NOT CANCELLED!

I went through the possibilities yesterday and the only opening for both teams is right before the SEC Championship game at the end of the season. There exists a distinct possibility that this one gets cancelled for this year.

I went through the possibilities yesterday and the only opening for both teams is right before the SEC Championship game at the end of the season.  There exists a distinct possibility that this one gets cancelled for this year.

We could play on Oct 29 if we can get ULM to agree to move our game to the end of the year. . . .

We could play on Oct 29 if we can get ULM to agree to move our game to the end of the year. . . .

That's Homecoming. I don't think we want to reschedule our homecoming game to play LSU. It's one of our biggest draws of the year, in addition to all of the preparation that goes into that game.

I really hope that y'all move the Monroe game to the end of the year (Fri. Dec. 2) and play LSU on October 29. $500K is a lot of money to lose when there are options out there. Another plus would be the possibilty of ESPN broadcasting the Monroe game if it was moved to Dec. 2.

I understand that homecoming festivities are often hard to move around. But, this could make for a lot of pluses for UNT if it works out.

It is very important for both schools to reschedule this game, LSU stands to lose 3mil in gate alone. In my eyes we are owed a few favors by our conf. mates for moving games around to fit their schedules and as well as being a leader of the conf. With this much money on the line, there has got to be some solution.

I don't really see it as being a big deal for LSU's national title hopes, assuming their other games go well. Not because I don't think NT can give LSU a ride, but because we get so little love from the coaches and media. Plus, they'll get a few pity votes (not saying they're undeserved) for dealing with the aftermath of Katrina.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...0&ATCLID=182670

Here is the link.

According to lsusports.net.... LSU and UNT will decide between the two schools about the new game date and time, within the next 48 hrs!

Actually we have three open dates

Oct 1

Oct 8

Nov 19

Any of those days would work. Oct 1 would not be good though because the Troy game on the 1st. But it could be done if we had to.

Actually we have three open dates

Oct 1

Oct 8

Nov 19

Any of those days would work. Oct 1 would not be good though because the Troy game on the 1st. But it could be done if we had to.

Uh, no.

Oct 1st is 3 days before the Troy game.

Oct 8th is 4 days after the Troy game.

Nov 19th is the day LSU plays Ole Miss.

What would the effect on NT be if LSU just said, "we're gonna cancel the game." Period. Is there a buyout clause for a game scheduled and not played ? And is there any way that works to the advantage of NT ?

Don't get me wrong, I had tickets to the LSU game and hotel reservations. But I'm wondering what happens if the game just can't be rescheduled.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN