10 Yrs From Now If the SBC Has Not Fully Blossomed

We need to make our program worthy of moving to a more prominent conference. We are getting there on an accelerated pace, but we're not there yet.

Until then, we're an unwanted commodity, and these conference comparison polls are useless as nothing other than bad publicity when linked to other boards.

IMHO, I think the Sun Belt grows to a healthy state in the next 10 years and this will happen when the 2 Florida schools get all their programs on track. Our SBC geographical footprint is not a bad footprint at all and in the next 2 years I feel SBC Commish' Wright Waters lines up the 'Belt with its 2'nd bowl game probably somewhere in the Sunshine State.

BUT if all bets were off on what I truly think will eventually happen in the SBC...........my choice would be the Mountain West Conference. I don't think we would mesh well with a league that has too many private universities in them. Truth be known, where too many private schools gather as members in one specific conference, instability most always seems to follow.

I do agree with ADLER inasmuch as we need to get all our facilities up to par with our new football stadium as the shining buckle on that rolling Texas prairie located between I35-E and I35-W, then we have bargaining power because of that AND our location.

LOCATION? Do most of you realize that any Big Boy U program can fly charter into Alliance Airport just 15 minutes from Denton, Texas, America? Flying into Alliance, a visiting football team can get to our campus faster than they can TCU's. rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

None of the above...I think that CUSA will morph again and the eastern schools will do their own thing...leaving the southern schools to create their own conference...a revived Southwest Conference of sorts.

In 6-8 years, we will have: NT, Ark State, La Tech, La-La, Tulsa, Houston, Rice, SMU, and Southern Miss.

I truly believe this will happen--don't know what it will be called.

We actually need a well-rounded athletic program. With only Football, Soccer, and Track being the only Conference Competitive teams, that is not good.

Add baseball and get Softball, Basketball (M/W), Tennis, and Golf competitive then we will have a much better shot.

Of course Attendance in the big 3 (Basketball (M/W) and Football are huge.