Heads will roll in Baton Rouge, mainly...

No one, I mean, no one-ever imagined we'd up and beat a team from the Southestern Conference (Tennessee) at their Homecoming Game, at that. Even The Dallas Times Herald (former great Dallas newspaper) didn't think enough to send a writer. After all, we'd lost our top 2 quarterbacks, our running back...went into Neyland Stadium on crutches...but whatdaya know....Coach Fry pulled one out of a hat (running an unbalanced line attack and running (yes, Viriginia-I said running) right at the Vol defense. We led 14-7 at the half and the Volunteer fans booed the Vols off the field. By, the way, Tennessee had Larry Sievers and Stanley Morgan on that team. Anyway, with the score tied and less that a minute left, Sears Woods returned a kickoff 98 yds and the Mean Green won that great day in Knoxville. So, now we have back-to-back National Rushing Champions, so "look-out" Les Miles. The Mean Green Miracle Men are heading to Baton Rouge, and Coach Dickey has a plan up his sleeve!

Yes DD does have a plan. Go into Death Valley, lose big, get out healthy, lose every other OOC, and then run the table in the belt. There is almost no chance of us beating LSU or K-State. I would love to say that we do but I'd just be lying to myself. Now La-Tech and Tulsa on the other hand, those two are big games. Why? Because they are winnable. 9-2 or 7-4(if we run the belt). One gets us in the N.O. bowl again. The other gets us in at LEAST the N.O. bowl possibly another bowl and much deserved recognition. Those 2 games are going to be a huge hurdle for this program.

Yes DD does have a plan. Go into Death Valley, lose big, get out healthy, lose every other OOC, and then run the table in the belt.  There is almost no chance of us beating LSU or K-State. I would love to say that we do but I'd just be lying to myself. Now La-Tech and Tulsa on the other hand, those two are big games. Why? Because they are winnable.  9-2 or 7-4(if we run the belt). One gets us in the N.O. bowl again. The other gets us in at LEAST the N.O. bowl possibly another bowl and much deserved recognition.  Those 2 games are going to be a huge hurdle for this program.

VERY well put. That is what this season is all about. Does anyone really expect us to beat LSU and K-State? Hell no. BUT, we will get MUCHOS National respect if we beat La Tech and Tulsa. Those two games will get us over the hurdle...

Here's how starved I am for Mean Green sports communications. I actually read a GGII post. But I'm not ready to drink the green kool aid just yet. I hope we put up a good fight against BCS elite teams but until Dickey shows a willingness to game plan against them I remain pessimistic. I will, however, continue to contribute to the mean green as much as I can. Because one day...someday...we will be on a par with the rest of them.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

All games are winnable. K-state is a winnable game. BUT, Manhatten is one of the toughest places to play in the country. This game will be very similar to the Colorado game last year. Looks winnable, but do we have the talent and team speed to match up?? Their program is rebuilding after losing a few All-World players two years in row.

My green tinted glasses will not be on while I ponder a prediction. huh.gif

As for Tulsa & LaTech, I agree 100% with earlier posts. These two games will be HUGE for this program. Even if we lose a couple of games in Belt play. Winning these two games will define our season when we look back on it at the end of the year.

Edited by Got5onIt

I'd have figured you guys would have Troy marked down as "game of the year" in Denton. That should be a pretty good one. I'll be watching on tv. I'll be seein' you guys in Baton Rouge and Ruston too, so I'll get a lot of North Texas this year. Good luck guys.

No doubt Troy will be the game of the year for us at home... I would like to see us win our opener however. I need some OOC winnage in my life!

Thanks for the nice words... in fact, I would love to see La Tech go 10-1. Im sure you can imagine where that loss would come from... biggrin.gif

Yeah, the loss could come from Florida... heh. Just messin' with ya. Same for you guys, shoot for a national top-25 ranking every year and smack the BCS around anytime you get the chance.