Ten Toughest Stadiums for Visiting Teams...

Some great match-ups during this fall football season, and you proably have your 10 toughest, but I have seen games in most of these venues and plenty in Columbus, Ohio. So, here's my list:

1. Toughest home crowd on a visiting team- OHIO STATE.

(106,000 crazed fans, and all that tradition, too).

2. Death Valley at Louisiana State University (wild!tons of drunks, but great food).

3. Owen Field in Norman. These OU fans are jerks, but winners, except vs Southern Call (oh, my- 55-19 loss to USC?Q!?XX!).

4. Wildness at Kyle Field. A&M football, toughest in Texas.

5. Oh, yes, DKR Texas Memorial Stadium (Hook'em, Hookers).

6. Bryan-Denny Stadium (Alabama Crimson Tide) Tough!

7. Gerald Ford Stadium (SMU)-Threw that in for a some yucks!

8. Back to reality, now- Michigan Wolverines (107,000 fans).

9. Floyd Casey Stadium (pu, IT'S bu) Just for some more yucks!

and (drum roll, please)

10. KSU Stadium at Kansas State (great fans, but loud).

So, there you have it. Now,"Get Back To Work, and GO! MEAN GREEN! ALL THE WAY TO BATON ROUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Where would you rank the "sea of red" in Lincoln then?

It'll make my list when the Huskers return to their power of yesteryear! It is a tough place to play, though. NT lost there 76-14 when Dennis Parker was our coach. He apologized to Tom Osborne after the game for not being more competitive. NT did score 14 points, though, unlike last fall at Texas.

It'll make my list when the Huskers return to their power of yesteryear! It is a tough place to play, though. NT lost there 76-14 when Dennis Parker was our coach. He apologized to Tom Osborne after the game for not being more competitive. NT did score 14 points, though, unlike last fall at Texas.

I think of all the former Big 8 powerhouse schools the formation of the Big 12 hurt the Big Red NU Cornhuskers the most.

If all will recal, NU's Tom Osborne really fought the idea of the the formation of the Big 12 and I think one can probably come up with many reasons as to why he might have. I think they really lost their exclusivity of decades past when they added 4 Texas schools 2 of whom (UT and TAMU) will always be hard for Nebraska to compete against in the next few decades.

How about the Toughest Stadiums in the Belt?

I can't comment, since I have only been to Fouts. I know....go ahead and call me a loser

Come on now, lets go with the GMG.com spelling as in "looser". sad.gif

If we had more like you who just came to Fouts Field games our budget short-falls would be way much less. I used to travel more to away games back in the day, but my single income budget cannot afford giving to the Mean Green Club/buying 4 season tickets AND going to several away games per year.

I have often wondered which of the 2 aforementioned our athletic department officials would prefer our constituency chose to do and I can probably guess pretty close as to what I think they would say to that.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

How about the Toughest Stadiums in the Belt?

I can't comment, since I have only been to Fouts. I know....go ahead and call me a loser

I've not seen any that are tough as far as atmosphere because I've not been in a full Sun Belt stadium. If I had to pick though, assuming a capacity crowd, I'd guess:

1)Cajun Stadium

2)Troy

3)Floyd Casey Stadium

I won't count the F_U schools because they don't have on-campus fields.

Nebraska did finish #2 in the nation in 1993. We scored more points against them than UCLA, Colo. St., Okla. St., Missouri, or OU could. Of course we were probably playing their 5th string by the 4th quarter.

Tom Osborne

Wins Losses

11 1 Overall

7 0 Big 8 1st

Date Opponent Result Misc.

9/4 North Texas W 76-14

9/11 Texas Tech W 50-27

9/18 at UCLA W 14-13

9/25 Colorado St W 48-13

10/7 at Oklahoma St W 27-13

10/16 Kansas St W 45-28 Homecoming

10/23 Missouri W 49-7