Who Will NORTH TEXAS Beat By The Largest Margin

By the way... can somebody send me a link to something showing the new stuff you guys are building over there, as far as athletic facilities go? I just wanna see it, I saw it a while back. Kudos on that, and for having a good administration. I don't really wanna talk too much smack at the moment. I was invited here, so I'll be nice. If you want smack, our board has tons now, lol. It's fun sometimes though. I just look forward to a large showing from your fans in Ruston this year.

By the way... can somebody send me a link to something showing the new stuff you guys are building over there, as far as athletic facilities go?  I just wanna see it, I saw it a while back.  Kudos on that, and for having a good administration.  I don't really wanna talk too much smack at the moment.  I was invited here, so I'll be nice.  If you want smack, our board has tons now, lol.  It's fun sometimes though.  I just look forward to a large showing from your fans in Ruston this year.

Go here for everything the Athletic Department has planned for facility upgrades. Right now, we are building a "12 court" tennis complex with a master center court. We are also looking at upgrades to the Women's Sports Complex (which includes soccer and softball stadiums, locker rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, volleyball and auxillary gym for basketball, and finally an indoor practice golf facility) On the horizon within the next year is hopefully a new baseball stadium.

God I hope we beat LT,and by atleast 30 points(I hope,that would be great)

We'll beat Tulss by atleast 15,we're at home.

LT's better,but not as good as us.

I think you guys will beat Tech by a minimum of 2 TDs!

Go SBC Football!!!

God I hope we beat LT,and by atleast 30 points(I hope,that would be great)

We'll beat Tulss by atleast 15,we're at home.

LT's better,but not as good as us.

A MAC fan's take on Tech; just one fan's opinion, but for your Mean Green reading pleasure:

LaTech . . . has a few issues blocking it from CUSA.

1.The football program at LaTech isn't very good, and although they might like to think otherwise La-Monroe and La-laf are comparable in facilities and attendance.

2.The men's basketball program is WEAK and poorly attended. Women's basketball totally different as its one of the best programs in the south.

3.The school is small market, really the only think they have going for themselves is CUSA footprint.

LaTech's move from the SBC to the WAC has to rank up there with some of the most boneheaded conference moves ever made in Division 1-A. Tulsa, SMU, Rice obviously were only playing in the WAC because they were stuck there after the MWC schools bailed. Couldn't they see the writting on the wall when in 1999 TCU announced its departure to CUSA with SMU being a finalist.....this was before LaTech was invited to the WAC.

From a historical prospective, since the early 90's its been a volitle period for D1-A conferences. Ony the PAC-10 has the same membership that it did 15 years ago. Its obvious to most everyone that changes in this day and age are only 5 years away, so why wasn't it obvious to the LaTech administration? The women's basketball program had no problem succeeding in the SBC. Central Florida even agreed to join the newly formed SBC if LaTech agreed to be a part of the new conference. SBC would have never had to chase Idaho for membership and it would be much further along right now.

Talk about ego getting in the way of rational decisons.

And the delusions continue.

Some of ya'll are beginning to sound like HogDawg!

Here is to a good game either way!

unsure.gif

Now hold it one darn New York minute here, Hog Dawg is a few of ours good bitch buddy and some of us might take offense to a personal insult about ol' HD coming from one of his own--just leave that part to us! biggrin.gif

I second that emotion: Here's to a good, clean NCAA D1-A football game that people will talk about for years to come. rolleyes.gif

Some of us are just pulling some legs over at your board. Any one of us would come to your assistance if your were in need of such. These are smack boards that just need some old fashioned smack talk on them from time to time. If I ever personally push things to the limit too much, I'd hope to get an email from the one who felt that way stating such because I'd probably apologize and back down on the subject at hand from that point on. Most any of us on GMG.com would for that matter.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I've been layin' down some heavy return-smack on our board, heh. Tell me if I get too offensive tongue.gif Anyway, no actual hatred for you guys or any Belt teams. I like seeing you succeed as I do any non-BCS team really. This could be a fun regional rivalry game to stir up since we've had ULL's number. Ya'll may give us a better game than the Cajuns, so who knows. THE BATTLE OF I-20!! THE RED-RIVER RIVALRY or something.. I dunno. Anywho, bring all your green and flags and whatnot, and get prepared to have a good time in peach country.

By the way... I could've sworn I saw on ESPN you guys tossing tortillas at a game.. is that for real?

By the way... I could've sworn I saw on ESPN you guys tossing tortillas at a game.. is that for real?

Yes it is. One of our fans even ordered green tortillas. It's a long story. Ask a TX Tech fan about it.

Every game I believe, I missed the MT for a party,and the FAU game because we didn't have rides,but all the other games we went to there were tortillas everywhere, and I think I am going to buy some this season and toss them,and hopefully be able to throw the tortilla over our bushels of fans in our 30,000 fan-packed football stadium onto our track <_

Edited by Greeneagle87

Do you folks plan on bringin' the tortillas to Ruston? If so, we'll have to ready something of our own, mwahahaha. I dunno what we'd toss though... We could throw peaches, since that's Ruston's trademark. lol

I love the BS about how we have no talent and all that, woohoo, I can't wait to show that as a mistake. (it's looking like the smack cannons are being loaded, though I'm using restraint since it ain't my board)

Do you play Troy at home or in 'Bama this year? I'd REALLY like to catch that game on TV if possible. That should be what.. the Belt championship? Very interesting game. I think ULL will be up this year, but I guess currently the Belt title is still yours to lose.

I'm also excited to see our badass LBs go up against your great RBs. fun fun fun! Come tailgate with us, we'll leave plenty of space for ya!

Um, until we can prove that we can beat ANY team outside of the Sun Belt - I myself wouldn't predict any sort of victory over either La Tech or Tulsa. Athlon (for what it's worth) has both teams ranked quite a bit ahead of us.

Same old thing. Just like in years past everyone predicts victories in OOC games, only to get pi$$ed off and position themselves on the ledge when we lose them all. Remember Baylor last year?

Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.............

Um, until we can prove that we can beat ANY team outside of the Sun Belt - I myself wouldn't predict any sort of victory over either La Tech or Tulsa.  Athlon (for what it's worth) has both teams ranked quite a bit ahead of us. 

Same old thing.  Just like in years past everyone predicts victories in OOC games, only to get pi$$ed off and position themselves on the ledge when we lose them all.  Remember Baylor last year?

Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.............

No smack mean't to either school, but Tulsa is the game I really fear the most. Seems we've always had trouble putting the Golden Hurricane away in the past; of course, its a different era now, the players how have face guards on their helmets. ohmy.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

What's up, plumm?  I think we're both talking to each other on both the Tech board and this one at the same time. heh..  bored at work like me?

Ktulu: how about a little insight on your team? Seems like many say this is a very down year for you guys, but some publications (including SportingNews) have you guys as high as #3 in the WAC...that tells me there are a lot of "what ifs". Perhaps you can shed some light on this, because there doesn't seem to be anybody else from the Tech board interested in saying anything outside of sophomoric name calling and swears.

Everyone's heard about our QB situation and the RB duo we have; what's the scoop on you guys:

Key players (I keep reading about a great LB)

What's going to happen w/o Moats?

How has your 3-4 scheme faired against running games similar to ours?

thanks buddy,

-gm