NT Apathetic?

NT91

I contacted the athletic department about a donation for the new stadium. They told me they would send a pledge card in the U.S. mail. Its been a week now.. I have not seen anything from the department. I even sent a follow up email.. and nothing. That makes me really want to make a donation. I also can't get the ticket office to send me info on season tickets.

All I can say is...I'm sorry that they haven't responded to you. They SHOULD have.

(Also I know that if I was Athletic Director......and I saw a post like this.....I WOULD DEMAND SOME ANSWERS.)

But, that's me.

Edited by SUMG

My experience has always been similar to NT91's. It has always amazed me when you consider that there is a tremendous resource available to them in the form of COBA's marketing faculty. Geez, why don't they spread just a few bucks on some grad students to conduct a quick review and seminar for them. Someone in the department needs to know the value of a customer and how to find, treat and retain one.

I'll shut up and go back to work now.

Guest JohnDenver

What is really funny/sad is that UNT charges you a "SERVICE CHARGE" or processing fee when you donate money!

I give money to the MG Club. I have my future father in-law that donate twice (one for business write off and one for personal). He is charged two service fees for his donations!

He rants every year about how they charge him money to process his donation...

ok let me make sure I read you correctly, they charge a service fee to take a donation???

Jeez no wonder Alumni are so apathetic, you get money taken from your pocket for 4-10 years and when you try to give the school some money they want more. Sounds like they need a better bank so they can quit charging fees.

Absolutely pathetic on our schools part mad.gif

Received my renewal for season tickets. After 10 plus years and, according to the Ticket Office, the demand for E section tickets is so great that you will pay for the tickets plus a forced $250 Mean Green Club Donation to get Sec E tickets. Rain, losing and winning I was there and now instead of $80 for the season it will be $330. A bit expensive. Oh, it does appear you get parking for the Donation -- what a deal.

mad.gif

I don't mind asking for a donation, I am livid that there is such a demand for section E that it is never sold out and fans in the stadium is the biggest problem we have -- it may get even bigger since section E is now outpriced itself.

I've made considerably more than the minimum MGC donation for several years now, but my requests to be moved to Section E have been ignored in the past. I'm sending in my season tickets renewal and MGC renewal this weekend and it will be interesting to see if I'm still assigned seats in a less-desirable area even after my reiterated request to be moved. My current seats are not really crappy so I haven't done more than grumble so far. I'm in the frame of mind to be more vocal this year. sad.gif

Received my renewal for season tickets.  After 10 plus years and, according to the Ticket Office, the demand for E section tickets is so great that you will pay for the tickets plus a forced $250  Mean Green Club Donation to get Sec E tickets.  Rain, losing and winning I was there and now instead of  $80 for the season it will be $330.  A bit expensive. Oh, it does appear you get parking for the Donation -- what a deal.

mad.gif

I don't mind asking for a donation, I am livid that there is such a demand for section E that it is never sold out and fans in the stadium is the biggest problem we have -- it may get even bigger since section E is now outpriced itself.

You are exactly correct, sir, inasmuch that Section E requires the $250 mininum donation and then your parking pass for that $250 donation is still somewhere in southern Oklahoma. blink.gif

There will be a day that a $250 Mean Green Club donation for similar seating at our new football stadium will (most likely) rise to $1,000 (or even way more) to sit between both 40 yard lines and that's the way it should be IMHO. So if I want to retain my seats when that day arrives, I'll have to ante' up or shut up and shutting up is just not an option for this NT alum. rolleyes.gif

Some of you who very admirably make all the away games could probably be a combo Presidents Club/MG Club member if you cut back on traveling to 1 or 2 games per Fall; but I'm sure the team appreciates the hearty handful of you who show up for those games whether they can hear you/see you or not.

BUILD IT! cool.gif

Guest JohnDenver

I had better get section E seats.  I'm giving them $1,000 this year so I think the least I can ask for is a couple section E seats.

You are currently in E, so I don't see why they would move you out. I have had the same seat for four years now...

EagleMBA, I think their are seat by me in lower E. Want me to call to see?

Guest JohnDenver

You bet, JD!  Or, give me a location (i.e., Sec E, Row 12, Seat 15) and I will specifically request that my 2 season tickets be near there.

Ok, call Ryan and ask about seats around Section E, Row 10, Seat 26ish. There are plenty of us around that spot.

Stan R, you are the LUCKY one!! I'll be trying to restrain a rowdy grandma from tearing my head off while signaling "First Down" biggrin.gif

She also shouts a mean "D-Fense" and, on crucial third-and-one plays, "Break His *#!%ing Leg". tongue.gif

You bet, JD!  Or, give me a location (i.e., Sec E, Row 12, Seat 15) and I will specifically request that my 2 season tickets be near there.

Does this work? The last two years, I have specifically requested high row numbers for the N.O. Bowl, specifically stating that I'd rather have row 40 on the 20 yard line, than row 20 on the 50. They still put us down low.

I sent my renewal form in a while back and requested 4 new seats near my original 2 in sec. D. We'll see.

After being forced to move from section M I've requested lower E, somewhere in rows 16-18 on the end. I pay the $250 MGC fee anyway primarily for the parking. I was assured that they would make every effort to give me what I asked for since we're being forcibly moved. Someone from the ticket office is supposed to contact me after the renewal deadline on July 15 with seating options if necessary and to make sure I will be satisfied with our seats. I hope this actually happens.

Also, we're planning on going to Ruston for the LaTech game. Anyone else?

GMG!

Also, we're planning on going to Ruston for the LaTech game.  Anyone else?

GMG!

I'm going, and there better be another 5,000 Mean Green fans in Ruston that day too! cool.gif

(BTW, it's a 3pm kickoff and it's their homecoming... biggrin.gif )

Edited by NT80