Finally!

Guest e-bone

Bradley is finally leaving the Mavs, so they can spend the money to get a real franchise big man.

He will still be on the Mavs' books for the remaining years on his contract.

BTW, what franchise big man do you have in mind? I can't think of too many that we wouldn't have to trade Dirk and half the team for.

I always liked bradley, he was fun to watch, and one of my favorites, the season after the Utah Jazz first round spanking, I saw a story on him training way harder to get faster and stronger, I always thought he was a good dude, and a tall one.

Edited by Greeneagle87

I always liked bradley, he was fun to watch, and one of my favorites, the season after the Utah Jazz first round spanking, I saw a story on him training way harder to get faster and stronger, I always thought he was a god dude, and a tall one.

Me too, it amazed me that he was never an all-star. The best stormin mormon I ever saw. He ranks right up there with Amare and Shaq in my book. I can't beleive the mavs would let such an old raw talent like that leave. For a guy that's all elbows he sure was graceful with every play he was involved in. Dumb move mavs, you just blew the only good thing you had going for you. So much for making it back to the playoffs next year.

Me too, it amazed me that he was never an all-star. The best stormin mormon I ever saw. He ranks right up there with Amare and Shaq in my book. I can't beleive the mavs would let such an old raw talent like that leave. For a guy that's all elbows he sure was graceful with every play he was involved in. Dumb move mavs, you just blew the only good thing you had going for you. So much for making it back to the playoffs next year.

Very underrated post!!!

Question is, is paying Bradley to not play worse than paying him to play? To me, its a toss up

I thought Cuban was paying him not to play. cool.gif

He will still be on the Mavs' books for the remaining years on his contract.

BTW, what franchise big man do you have in mind? I can't think of too many that we wouldn't have to trade Dirk and half the team for.

If his retirement is injury related, even wear and tear, they get some cap relief pending a physical. He is getting older and with that frame of his, I would suspect his knees are about shot.

Bradley is finally leaving the Mavs, so they can spend the money to get a real franchise big man.

A franchise big man for 3 years and 14.5 million? He is the 142nd highest paid player in the league, and 9th highest on his own team, not exactly in the franchise big man range.

His lack of motivation made his contract a bad one, and that is what is frustrating about him, is that he was so complacent. Bring in someone with a little fire to bring some muscle or inside presence off the bench when Dampier gets his usual 2 first quarter fouls.