Mustangs vs Mean Green in New Orleans Bowl ?

MeanGreen61

But you must consider one thing... Conference USA is not what it used to be. It is much much weaker. Though i doubt SMU will do well enough for a bowl game. I wouldn't be surprised based on competition. Exluding Southern Miss, UTEP, and Memphis... anything is up for grabs. Remember this is a completely different conference than was a year ago.

Good, I hope it happens. And if it does, on Bourbon Street, I'll play a little game called:

Pee On Their Topsiders.

Well, then I'll make sure I bring all 6 pairs of Sperry Topsiders I have ... haha.

I think SMU is lookin' at a 5-6 record this year. Wins at home against Baylor, Tulane (Family Wknd), Rice (Homecoming), & ECU -- and a road win against Tulsa. If they can somehow manage to beat TCU, then we go 6-5. If anything, after 4 years of watching SMU play, you know that the ball never bounces the right way for this team.

If SMU does manage to get to 6 wins and goes to the New Orleans Bowl, it better be UNT there. That will be the most uninteresting match-up if it is against ULL, ULM, MTSU, or Arkansas State ... talk about no viewership or interest, at least people in the DFW area and state of Texas will watch it if both SMU & UNT are on it.

Are hotels priced-high during the New Orleans Bowl? Just curious. When we went to Mardi Gras, we spent like $350/night at the DoubleTree and we weren't even that close to Bourbon Street. I wouldn't think they were that bad during the bowl game, but tourism is the only money-maker for that city.

Are hotels priced-high during the New Orleans Bowl? Just curious. When we went to Mardi Gras, we spent like $350/night at the DoubleTree and we weren't even that close to Bourbon Street. I wouldn't think they were that bad during the bowl game, but tourism is the only money-maker for that city.

The New Orleans Bowl is held during a relatively slow tourism time of year for New Orleans.....the few weeks before Christmas. (and it's always on a Tuesday).

Because of that, the city's hotels offer up great rates for New Orleans Bowl fans. I stayed at the Marriott one year and at the Wyndham (on the river) last year. I think both years I paid around $79 a night.

So, don't worry about the rates if your Mustangs get in the NO Bowl, Southern Stang. It's very reasonable. But hey, aren't all you SMU grads rich anyway???????

GMG!

So, don't worry about the rates if your Mustangs get in the NO Bowl, Southern Stang. It's very reasonable. But hey, aren't all you SMU grads rich anyway???????

GMG!

Haha -- I don't care how rich or poor you are, spending $350/night to stay in the New Orleans DoubleTree is a rip-off. You can stay at the Palms Resort in Las Vegas for less than that.

Sounds good about the Marriott deal, isn't that hotel on Canal, too? Just closer to Bourbon?