Does Anybody Really Know What Shade of Green We're

My understanding was that the athletic department had informed the school that they needed to know the new color of green by February in order for the new uniforms to be ready for the start of football season. They were not told until late March or April. The color of green NT has chosen is not a stock green and requires a special order. Voertman's has already said that none of it's vendors make clothing in that color and even the on-campus bookstore is having trouble apparently. The new logo can be found on white, gray, or hunter green.

Apparently, t-shirts were found for freshman orientation, but those are only "official" green shirts that I have seen.

Thanks for that GreenTiger....

Just today one of our fellow alums (an educator) told me the same thing you've just posted almost verbatum. I think the NT administration (or moreso the Chancellor's office that ram-rodded this whole branding thing) sorta' dropped the ball on this whole thing as they should have already done the research as to give NT Athletics & the NT COM ample time to make their orders with the appropriate shade of green.

As far as color scemes? Marshall U seems to have someone they are working with to get their much lighter shade of green on their football uniforms. All one has to do is a little collegiate internet surfing to discover such things.

The NT Green Brigade ordered their band uniforms many, many months ago because of the nature of a band uniform being of much more intricate detail than a football uniform; but still, the NT branding committee should have done a bit more planning with {maybe?smile.gif} a conversation such as the following paragraph in one of their committee meetings:

"What 2 highly visible campus groups will help us get our new NT branding and new color scheme out to the masses more than any? 'Could it be, perhaps, our annually multi-televised Mean Green football team and the Green Brigade marching band?" "Hmmm? I guess we as a committee need to make haste to get those 2 groups this most vital info in ample time since (after all) we are spending a few dollars in this whole branding project as it is; also, so NT athletics and the NT College of Music can make appropriate changes in plenty of time so we can make a big $pla$h with all our alums/fans and TV audience across Texas and the USA."

It appears that the NT branding committee thought word of mouth was going to be sufficient for all? blink.gif

One other concern was I wondered why the NT College of Music didn't communicate with NT Athletics (or visa versa) when it was known they would be ordering about 300 new band unis' with whatever shade of green they are going to be wearing this Fall? Surely our NT COM officials would want to be on the same "green page" as our superb Mean Green football team?

On a priority list of 100 things at UNT, all this new color scheme business might be #101 on such a list, but it just appears that there are too many departments on our campus that just seem to be islands unto themselves. sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

My understanding was that the athletic department had informed the school that they needed to know the new color of green by February in order for the new uniforms to be ready for the start of football season. They were not told until late March or April. The color of green NT has chosen is not a stock green and requires a special order. Voertman's has already said that none of it's vendors make clothing in that color and even the on-campus bookstore is having trouble apparently. The new logo can be found on white, gray, or hunter green.

Apparently, t-shirts were found for freshman orientation, but those are only "official" green shirts that I have seen.

The t-shirts they handed out at the logo unveiling seemed to have the correct green in the logo, but they were on grey or white background shirts. RV mentioned that day that the green in the staff golf shirt logos was too bright because the embroidered threads had a shine vs ink; he'd try to straighten it out for the next order. Green is a difficult color to match because of inks vs. threads vs. fabrics.

Edited by NT80

As posted several weeks ago, HERE is what our new uni's will look like.

And as posted HERE, is the explanation I was given by the manufacturer as to the color or shade of green the jersey's will be.

I hope I can find a similar shade of the brighter green in spray can form for the Greenbacker smoke pit as I will need to start that project soon. The good thing is, thanks to SoundMan, last year when he put the new floor in it for us he laid down a thick oil-based coat of kelly green so now all we have to do is match that. I plan on having some of the new logo's water-jet cut ouf of 3/16ths steel soon to replace the old script North Texas and MEAN GREEN. I'm up for ideas if anyone has some to share?

Rick

This is why I wish they wouldn't have messed with the colors because there is going to be no consistancy in merchandise. I can guarantee that manufacturers are still going to roll out t-shirts and hats still in the hunter green color. It's not going to be like OU, A&M, and UT where they have a consistant color across the board for their merchandise.

I have seen the shirts that they are handing out w/new logo at orientation and the shade of green on those shirts is too light as well. I asked about why the shade was lighter than the green that we are supposed to have and was told that the school is having a very hard time finding maufacturers that can produce that color on short notice.

At least the new logos are starting to get out there one way or another. I have overheard many parents talking about how they like the new eagle logos (so that positive). Plus I have seen tons of the new students at the orientation wearing their new logos and colors. Hopefully this is all a good sign! We could use a few (thousand) more fans smile.gif

Edited by Green Lantern

This is why I wish they wouldn't have messed with the colors because there is going to be no consistancy in merchandise. I can guarantee that manufacturers are still going to roll out t-shirts and hats still in the hunter green color. It's not going to be like OU, A&M, and UT where they have a consistant color across the board for their merchandise.

To help make your point, I was in NE Mall last week and went by a hat vendor. The only hats that he had were forest green hats with DAFFY EAGLE on them. They purchased the hats from "Top of the World" hat company.

And even funnier to me is that after a trip to Voertmans a couple weeks ago and with one of their fine, friendly staffers telling me that they are all having a difficult time finding the right shade of green for Mean Green wear I began to wonder..................... do any of these folks have PC's at their jobs or at home as to simply check out all NCAA Division 1, II or III schools that wear the our new shade of green that they cannot seem to find in Denton, focus on just one of these schools (insert sublimenal Marshall U) that does have the color green we will be using and just get on the phone and make the call to those folks up in Huntington to ask them who makes their football unis' AND who manufactures Marshall U Herd sports gear; and just who has been doing this for Marshall U for a year or 2 now?

Jeez people, NT is an institution of higher learning where they just spent well over $100,000.oo to do all this new NT branding business so does it stand to reason a little that they should have been able to do some research as to find the ones who would be able to produce this new shade of green before we switched to it? wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Jeez people, NT is an institution of higher learning where they just spent well over $100,000.oo to do all this new NT branding business so does it stand to reason a little that they should have been able to do some research as to find the ones who would be able to produce this new shade of green before we switched to it? 

As I have posted before, after we recieved the FOI, the URCM and our athletic department had CLC put all manufacturers on notice back in January or February that there would be new logos and a new color coming out. They also attempted to do something pretty smart and had CLC help them find which shade of Kelly green material is most used to make hats and shirts etc. It seems the email that discusses this mentioned Nike as one company that they referenced, can't remember exactly now. But Nike doesn't make most of their stuff, they contract it out, still NT should have been able to find out the most common color.

Thus, anyone who tells you they are having trouble finding companies that make our stuff in the new correct shade is bull$hitting you or they just don't know what they are talking about.

Rick